Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The stuff with Chet was pretty compelling, especially the last scene between him and Frank. Toxic masculinity is dangerous and destroys people and relationships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Keep watching because I felt this season actually ends on a more positive note for the main cast.

e: Frank is an rear end in a top hat and I don't think the show really positions him as anything but that. That being said, he is verbally abusive towards his kids and this is addressed in some ways, but it is yet to be seen if Frank will actually change and soften up a little. As for the cursing, I grew up in an Italian/Irish family and being really loud and cursing at each other is how we show emotion/affection/annoyance/pride/any other emotions so it doesn't come off as out of place to me. My parents were the 'yell and threaten but never actually hit us or do much to punish us outside of yelling' type so in a way it's very familiar and realistic, but my brothers and I are all nerds so we never got into any real trouble.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 3, 2018