Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'd draft Williams number 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pretty sure I've seen that Kyler is a whole 5'7-9

Would be a pain in the rear end to pitch to. For the love of god to the MLB kid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Metapod posted:

I'd draft Williams number 1

I definitely want him at #3 if we don’t trade down.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Metapod posted:

Okay but who are the good ones

Arcega-Whiteside

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this dude is ridiculous and I hope we draft him

https://twitter.com/RetireMoms/status/1079825020103335937

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm an old man now and need someone to explain Sheesh to me. There seems to be a context I'm missing.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Minnesota Vikings Needs: Tackle (2) Guard (1) Offensive line coach (1)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

From worst combine performance ever to solid right tackle

https://twitter.com/gdowning14/status/1080134591741153280

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

From worst combine performance ever to solid right tackle

https://twitter.com/gdowning14/status/1080134591741153280

Tape don't lie. The combine is bullshit and completely without value IMO other than being yet another offseason event for the NFL's coffers.

Anyways, I can't wait to see who the Cowboys draft in the uh ah gently caress it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns Update 2019

First Round: 17th Pick
Second Round: 1 Pick
Third Round: 2 Picks
Fourth Round: 1 Pick
Fifth Round: 3 Picks
Sixth Round: 1 Pick
Seventh Round: 2 Picks I think...

Needs: DT-LB, WR, OL, S, CB

The Browns suck against the run, HARD, but thankfully this draft is good on Defense and my gut says that's the first pick for the Browns. Alternative option is to give Baker more weapons so a top WR at 17 or outside chance at an OL guy but our Offensive Line was pretty decent this year that it seems like it is less of a pressing matter and this year has a weak OL class is what I've been reading. I'm guessing first pick is best available player in Defense or WR. Denzel Ward has had multiple concussions that causes concern in the long run at CB but he will play next year and Safety is okay.

Targets:

1: WR N'Keal Harry, WR A.J. Brown, WR Marquise Brown or DT Derrick Brown, DT Raekwon Davis
2: OT Jonah Williams or TE Albert Okwuegbunam or a WR that falls to round 2
3: Vosean Joseph LB
3: Julian Love, CB
4: Chris Lindstrom, G

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Jonah Williams isn't falling to the 2nd and we don't have the 33rd. What kind of madness are you advocating TE in the 2nd?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jonah Williams probably isn't even going to fall past 5

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Professor Funk posted:

Jonah Williams probably isn't even going to fall past 5

I could see the Bucs taking him at 5.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jonah Williams isn't falling to the 2nd and we don't have the 33rd. What kind of madness are you advocating TE in the 2nd?

Wait...we don't have a 2nd round pick? When did this happen? Or you mean 1st pick in the 2nd. My bad on Jonah then. Comedy option is to trade our 2nd round and a 3rd round and move up in the 2nd round.

I'm advocating all kinds of madness for weapons for Baker. But after we secure our run defense.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ehud posted:

this dude is ridiculous and I hope we draft him

https://twitter.com/RetireMoms/status/1079825020103335937

@retiremoms

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
What’s your guys opinion or take on Darwin Thompson. I think he’s the sleeper of the 2019 draft in my opinion.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spam Musubi posted:

What’s your guys opinion or take on Darwin Thompson. I think he’s the sleeper of the 2019 draft in my opinion.

Watched the highlights of Utah State's bowl game for Jordan Love and I don't remember Thompson that much. Guess I have to watch more

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Doltos posted:

Watched the highlights of Utah State's bowl game for Jordan Love and I don't remember Thompson that much. Guess I have to watch more

You have to go back a bit more. But speaking of Jordan Love, he will be interesting during the 2020 Draft.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Just watched his highlights I like him when he gets the ball in space and he's a smart one cut runner down the middle but man he's gotta make people miss if he's gonna do that at the next level. Great tackle breaking ability. Usually my two rules for drafting a RB is hit the hole hard and keep your feet churning forward so he fits those two in spades. Not sure how he is as a receiver since all I saw was screens or wheels. But like I said, really good in space. He'll probably easily get drafted since more teams are warming up to powerful short backs.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Doltos posted:

Just watched his highlights I like him when he gets the ball in space and he's a smart one cut runner down the middle but man he's gotta make people miss if he's gonna do that at the next level. Great tackle breaking ability. Usually my two rules for drafting a RB is hit the hole hard and keep your feet churning forward so he fits those two in spades. Not sure how he is as a receiver since all I saw was screens or wheels. But like I said, really good in space. He'll probably easily get drafted since more teams are warming up to powerful short backs.

I’ll tell him that the next time I talk to him :)

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Apropos of nothing, what's the 2019 Kicker draft class look like

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hey daltos how do you feel about Hugo Richard

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

so many kickers going to get actual draft picks wasted on them this year

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I bet we drop a 6th or even a 5th on one this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Gruden is back in Oakland and the Raiders have 3 first round picks.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Who are the good interior o-line prospects this draft?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't know if he's graduating yet or not but Utah's kicker is money

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

dphi posted:

Utah States kicker as well.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

dphi posted:

so was Zane Gonzales and Roberto Aguayo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cards
Niners
Jets
Bucs
Gruden Grinders
Giants
Jags

So the Top 3 teams don't need a QB, Bucs prob do but reports are they're sticking with Jameis, who the gently caress knows what Gruden is doin, then the Giants and Jags who most def need a QB. But this QB draft is meh, though I do like Haskins, sadly.

Wonder what kinda of haul a Top 3 team could get for trading down? Haskins is QB1 I think, then uh, Drew Lock? Daniel Jones? I hope Gettlemen gets into a bidding war with himself again.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans top 3 positions of need are: DE, interior OL, WR.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dang, is Zane not good? I don't really pay attention but yeah, he was very reliable in college. Aguayo just shows why you don't draft a kicker early, can't handle the expectations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dphi posted:

Dang, is Zane not good? I don't really pay attention but yeah, he was very reliable in college. Aguayo just shows why you don't draft a kicker early, can't handle the expectations.

He got cut by the loving Browns, so,

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Cards
Niners
Jets
Bucs
Gruden Grinders
Giants
Jags

So the Top 3 teams don't need a QB, Bucs prob do but reports are they're sticking with Jameis, who the gently caress knows what Gruden is doin, then the Giants and Jags who most def need a QB. But this QB draft is meh, though I do like Haskins, sadly.

Wonder what kinda of haul a Top 3 team could get for trading down? Haskins is QB1 I think, then uh, Drew Lock? Daniel Jones? I hope Gettlemen gets into a bidding war with himself again.

The Cardinals are probably going to want to trade down, so long as they're sure about Rosen. Not sure who exactly would make that decision given they don't have a head coach right now, but to me this could be a real opportunity to reevaluate where you're at. If they think Haskins is going to be better than Rosen, which seems more than possible, they might want to just go for it. That would be pretty funny as well, considering how it would totally spoil other teams' plans and the fact that this draft seems to have a clear number one QB and a bunch of mediocre also-rans.

In reality, teams rarely make bold decisions like that and even if the QB position improves that entire team is suspect. So it's also a reasonable strategy to focus primarily on O line and defense and let Rosen work another year. That's probably what they'll do, and getting some picks by trading down would help with that.

I feel like Haskins is going to end up first overall when all is said and done. There's just not enough talent and too many needy teams

Ches Neckbeard posted:

dphi posted:

Zane Gonzalez was dropped by the Browns after a horrible day but may actually be fine now. At least he was acceptable down the stretch for the Cardinals, and it may be true that he was dealing with a groin injury on that fateful day with the Browns.

Aguayo needs to go away forever

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Zane wasn't just one bad day. He was bad from day one and costed several Hue Jackson games.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals fans were pissed they chose Jake Elliott over Zane.

Then they kept Randy Bullock over Jake Elliott.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Arkhams Razor posted:

Who are the good interior o-line prospects this draft?

There are a few guys who could end up either as tackles or interior line. Dalton Risner and Yodny Cajuste look like good prospects.

Tyler Biadasz was projected to be the top Guard but I don't think he is declaring.
Chris Lindstrom is probably the best Guard, he doesn't seem to have any weak points. He isn't a Nelson/Hernandez level talent though.

This year is looking better for Tackles than Guards it must be said.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Michael Jordan a guard out of Ohio state is the only interior guy I've heard/ seen get buzz.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Michael Jordan a guard out of Ohio state is the only interior guy I've heard/ seen get buzz.

Some people are also liking Cody Ford as a guard in the NFL. He is a tackle though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Isn't Ford undersized for tackle though? The knock I've seen against him is they don't know where he'll end up playing.