Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Zane wasn't just one bad day. He was bad from day one and costed several Hue Jackson games.

He only played in two actual games for the Browns. In the first he had one field goal blocked and scored three extra points. In the second he made two out of four field goals and missed two extra points. Overall he made 5 out of 10 kicks for the Browns, with four of those misses coming on one day when he was dealing with a groin injury. He was also a rookie playing in his first two games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Play posted:

He only played in two actual games for the Browns. In the first he had one field goal blocked and scored three extra points. In the second he made two out of four field goals and missed two extra points. Overall he made 5 out of 10 kicks for the Browns, with four of those misses coming on one day when he was dealing with a groin injury. He was also a rookie playing in his first two games.

Uhhhhhh

Wrong.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

Zane was the kicker in 2017 and sucked mightily.

A groin injury that suddenly came to light after the game that he'd apparently been suffering for weeks. It was super shady how suddenly that groin injury came to light.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/melloesquire/status/1082454491771924482

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The 2nd-5th best edge rusher in the class eating him alive is fun to watch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets draft Williams at 3 I will be perturbed.

Justyn Ross is pretty much AJ Green. He's only a freshman...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 8, 2019

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Trevor Lawrence would be QB1 in this draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Remember was it was Tank for Tua?

Lose for Lawerence

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

wandler20 posted:

Trevor Lawrence would be QB1 in this draft.

That dude and Mahomes for the next decade plus

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Legitimately can’t think of a true freshman looking this good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Remember was it was Tank for Tua?

Lose for Lawerence

Save it for the 2021 draft thread

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm just mad we have to wait 2 more years for him.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cue him getting a knee injury in 2020 after putting together 2.5 legendary seasons and we spend the next decade talking about what would have been

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Funny that the best performances in a game with maybe 20 2019 draft picks playing in it were both by guys who aren't available for a couple more years.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

I can't wait to see how the Niners gently caress up their need for an edge rusher this year.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Ban Lynch from qualifying for the HoF if he doesnt take Ferrell

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Didn't we do this same stuff with Jake Long and Vernon Gholston years ago?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't really watch NCAAF this year but is Lawrence better than the Ohio State Haskins guy?

Also in this one game that I watched I didn't like Tua taking his eyes off receivers when he gets pressured. But then again I have Alex Smith PTSD.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

I didn't really watch NCAAF this year but is Lawrence better than the Ohio State Haskins guy?

Also in this one game that I watched I didn't like Tua taking his eyes off receivers when he gets pressured. But then again I have Alex Smith PTSD.

Lawrence is a true freshman and he's the most pro-ready college QB I think I've ever seen.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

Having watched a LOT of Ohio State football this year unequivocally yes.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah Trevor Lawrence rules

Diva Cupcake posted:

Classic answer is Phillip Rivers or RG3. If anything Rivers lost hype over the years until a resurgent senior year. RG3 was just a phenom from the get go.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Flikken posted:

Uhhhhhh

Wrong.

what the gently caress I could've sworn he was a rookie?

my mistake. either way, in 2017 he was actually 25 of 26 on extra points and 15 out of 20 on field goals for a total of 40 out of 56 which is ~87%, not bad. So it's still true that it was primarily that one game which got him canned, and that he still has definite potential. How the gently caress did I end up arguing about Zane Gonzalez I need to make better life choices

wandler20 posted:

I'm just mad we have to wait 2 more years for him.

I agree, he should be able to declare next year if that's what he wants to do

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

kiimo posted:

He's already better as a true freshman than Luck was as a senior.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I know eye test yada yada but drat was he throwing pretty balls in that game last night. Waiting for the shine to fade as no one can live up to that standard over 2 full years.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He's already better as a true freshman than Luck was as a senior.

That's completely wrong

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Sunshine will win heisman next year and be #1 overall in 2021. Mark my words.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It would be a shame for anybody but the Vikings to get him. Cut Cousins now, start the tanking.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I was just thinking that it's wild teams have been scouting (modern) quarterbacks for ~50 years and nobody has any loving idea how to do it, still. they don't even reliably hit on consensus top prospects and also accidentally find HOF guys like Tom Brady and Tony Romo. they just literally don't know what they're doing, none of them. you'd think with such an important position someone would have figured out a dependable method that worked better than a coin flip

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

That's completely wrong

It's definitely not

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I mean that guy's been the consensus number one quarterback in his age group for a long, long time. It's not like he just popped up out of nowhere, he's been hyped as the next big thing since like junior high school probably and people are always raving about him.

He throws the ball loving good that's for sure.

Anyways that isn't relevant I guess. I'd like to hear some people's opinions on whether Haskins will actually be any good in the NFL. I realize it's hard to know that but say how does he compare to the QB groups last year?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Play posted:

I mean that guy's been the consensus number one quarterback in his age group for a long, long time. It's not like he just popped up out of nowhere, he's been hyped as the next big thing since like junior high school probably and people are always raving about him.

Yeah, it's funny, I only watched a few Clemson games last year but it was pretty obvious the dude was elite. It was weird when people were acting like he was some unknown or something. I thought it was pretty widely known that he beat out the guy that took them to the playoffs the season before.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's definitely not

He beat him in every statistical category his senior year. Had an even better junior year. That's not even counting how he was a dual threat QB to boot.

Trevor Lawrence looks great and has all the makings of a future #1. He's not better than Andrew Luck was except in his first year starting.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
KYLER NO

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1083205578724438016
https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1083204965089378309

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This would own so hard. I'd love to see Rosen succeed in Jersey.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
does kliff know defensive backs exist in the NFL, this is important

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Spam Musubi posted:

Sunshine will win heisman next year and be #1 overall in 2021. Mark my words.

Ruining the Heisman chances for my boy Jonathon Taylor :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Raku posted:

does kliff know defensive backs exist in the NFL, this is important

lmao

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I'd take that so fast it'd look like a preying mantis grabbing a fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

kiimo posted:

It would be a shame for anybody but the Vikings to get him. Cut Cousins now, start the tanking.

Cutting Cousins would ruin the tank though.