Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think there's a good chance Benjamin never plays another down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao eat poo poo kelvin

no stop don't eat that poo poo what your doing

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Greg Olsen to IR.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Owned

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"one popeye's biscuit from being a tight end"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

he's a giant former first round pick who has produced in the past.

he'll get a one year "lose weight" deal at the least.

And yeah, maybe he has one more go in him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Didn't Olsen almost retire last season? I think he's ready for his time in the booth.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What a parting shot from your coach.

https://twitter.com/joebuscaglia/status/1069357110612422656?s=21

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I don't get why you guys, in the latter-half of the 2018 season, are all up in arms every time a team passes on Kap. It's been almost a literal 2 full calendar years since he's played a down (for really bad reasons, clearly).

The dude obviously has a unique skillset, but how long do you think it would take to completely rework an offense to be suited to that skillset? During this past offseason, sure, I get it, but doing it mid-season in the middle of a playoff race? Seems like it would be a recipe for disaster.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't get why you guys, in the latter-half of the 2018 season, are all up in arms every time a team passes on Kap. It's been almost a literal 2 full calendar years since he's played a down (for really bad reasons, clearly).

The dude obviously has a unique skillset, but how long do you think it would take to completely rework an offense to be suited to that skillset? During this past offseason, sure, I get it, but doing it mid-season in the middle of a playoff race? Seems like it would be a recipe for disaster.

The Redskins are starting Mark loving Sanchez and will probably be backed up by Josh loving Johnson.

I'd take an out-of-shape Colin Kaepernick over those two clowns any day.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
loving finally. Holmes was better than Benjamin, but that's like being morbidly obese vs. being so obese you can't get out of bed.
As for Benjamin: :commissar:
I'm glad that fat, lazy piece of poo poo is off the roster, even if it's a year too late. He's contributed absolutely nothing and I doubt he's worth even a vet minimum contract.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I admit that every time this comes up I'm not convinced that the 2018 version of Kaep is automagically better then 2018 Colt McCoy or whatever, but teams should at least try him out.

Also as that guy pointed out, Marty Morninwheg did it in one week with a rookie, so

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
kelvin benjamin is complete dogshit and offers very little but he'll catch on somewhere just because of his name

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The best line I've seen from twitter so far was, "Finally, Benjamin gets some separation"

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1069710625822162946

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kelvin Benjamin is gonna sign with the Pats and go off. We all know it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shyduck posted:

Kelvin Benjamin is gonna sign with the Pats and go off. We all know it

Avocado smoothies don't work when you eat 25 of them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FizFashizzle posted:

Avocado smoothies don't work when you eat 25 of them.

They'll somehow turn him into a DE

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Did this not stick out to anyone?

The important thing to notice is that his hand is below his waist

Also uh

https://twitter.com/PghCurrent/status/1069735683345006594

She also turned out to be pregnant

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 4, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Azhais posted:

They'll somehow turn him into a DE

I would say they'd turn him into a tight end, but I'm not sure if they have a Popeye's in Boston.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

No point sugarcoating it tbh. He'd eat that too

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Would not be surprised if Kelvin Benjamin ended up a Steeler

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lmao

Kaep would give the Redskins several times more chance to win games than Mark Sanchez, who can't throw a football and also only knows like 15 plays. Period end of story. He'd be better if all they did was run the option every single play

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

good I'm sick of watching his fat rear end make lame excuses for why he sucks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

not to mention that Kaepernick has started more games more recently than Mark Sanchez. So that whole argument is nonsense from people with agendas clearly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

not to mention that Kaepernick has started more games more recently than Mark Sanchez. So that whole argument is nonsense from people with agendas clearly

Sanchez is actually in football shape and has been in training camps and been practicing the last two years.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a neat cape posted:

Sanchez is actually in football shape and has been in training camps and been practicing the last two years.

Kap is in football shape as well. Not been in any training camps but for practical purpose those aren’t really useful. Especially this late in the season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

He is also Mark Sanchez which is a critical piece of information...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

He is also Mark Sanchez which is a critical piece of information...

There are only two QBs who have beaten Brady and Peyton in the same postseason.

Checkmate :smug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I did not realize Ross was a Sanchez apologist

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I did not realize Ross was a Sanchez apologist

Nah, just anti "Kap would be a great starting QB right now in 2018 when he hasn't been in the league for two years."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You don't have to be great to be a better choice than the Sanchezes and Kesslers of the world

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Nah, just anti "Kap would be a great starting QB right now in 2018 when he hasn't been in the league for two years."

I don't think anyone said great. Serviceable would be more than enough to start.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

You don't have to be great to be a better choice than the Sanchezes and Kesslers of the world

Yeah I think Sanchez would be better than Kap right now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

if Kap was 50 lbs overweight and hadn't played in three years I'd still take him over Sanchez on his best, most hardbodied day

but he's not anyways

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I think Sanchez would be better than Kap right now

lol you're out of your mind

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1070082884852178945

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that dude definitely parties

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also EA is patching Hunt out of Madden

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Haha this dude rules. Or actually sucks depending on the reaaon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

a neat cape posted:

This is a fair argument, but Vick sat for 2 years, didn't QB for 3 and came back and had a 3000 yard season at age 30.

I think Kaep would be just fine.