Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

It's not like Washington has had a good passing offense that it needs to replicate. They'd probably be best bringing in a guy that can run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

AJ Green to IR. Obviously.

Could the Bengals consider trading Green this offseason? He's 30 and coming off an injury, so the return might not be as high as it otherwise would be, but the Bengals seem like they could be due for a tear down.

I could see a bunch of teams willing to move a 3rd or something to take on Green.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 5, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Man I really thought Billy Volek had starter potential

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Professor Funk posted:

Could the Bengals consider trading Green this offseason? He's 30 and coming off an injury, so the return might not be as high as it otherwise would be, but the Bengals seem like they could be due for a tear down.

I could see a bunch of teams willing to move a 3rd or something to take on Green.

The only way the Bengals move Green is if Marvin Lewis isn't with the Bengals in any capacity next year

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

The only way the Bengals move Green is if Marvin Lewis isn't with the Bengals in any capacity next year

So it's not happening.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Got drat

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1070398602089037824

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ok so Denver isnt gonna get that last playoff spot

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1070060558454546432?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Bucs are the strangest team in the NFL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1070338535524327424?s=19

10-2
9-3
11-1
5-7
10-2

#itsabucslife

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Like Koetter looks like he should probably be fired, but do you try and keep Todd Monken around? The offense is clearly productive with him running things. What about Jamesis/Fitzpatrick? I guess you give Jamesis another year and draft a dude in the 2nd or 3rd maybe?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns bitch.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DariusLikewise posted:

Like Koetter looks like he should probably be fired, but do you try and keep Todd Monken around? The offense is clearly productive with him running things. What about Jamesis/Fitzpatrick? I guess you give Jamesis another year and draft a dude in the 2nd or 3rd maybe?

I have no idea what will happen, plenty will ride on these last few games. The defense has improved so much since they fired Mike Smith. Jameis hasn't turned the ball over in the past two games and they looked good winning those games. If they finish 7 and 9 or 8 and 8 I'd be fine bringing the current staff back. Last 4 games should say a lot (vs. NO, @BAL, @DAL, vs. ATL).

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs have the most explosive plays in the NFL and they also have the most explosive plays allowed as well, very fun games

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Backup quarterbacking really is a lost art. Where are the Billy Voleks, Seneca Wallaces and Charlie Batchs of this generation?

Kessler, Gabbert, soon Bortles, Foles, Fitzpatrick, uhhh

Mariota coming soon, oh and Brissett

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

Foles is the only true heir because he's a great backup and he knows it. The other players you named... their reach exceeds their grasp.

e: lol hosed that one up

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 5, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Foles is the only true heir because he's a great backup and he knows it. The other players you named... their reach extends their grasp.

Fitzpatrick knows it too, he was saying earlier in the year that he knows he's going to go cold and get benched at some point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Professor Funk posted:

No and lol at a 3rd

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

The scared soul praying Mariota is released by the titans

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
This season Mariota improved basically everything about his passing on paper while the overall offense got way worse.

code:

Year    G GS QBrec Cmp% TD% Int% Y/A AY/A  Y/C Rate Sk Yds  Sk%
2017   15 15 9-6-0 62.0 2.9  3.3 7.1  6.2 11.5 79.3 27 173  5.6
2018   11 10 4-6-0 68.6 4.0  2.6 7.9  7.6 11.5 95.0 38 220 12.2
Basically the Titans just confuse me.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 5, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Foles is the only true heir because he's a great backup and he knows it. The other players you named... their reach exceeds their grasp.

e: lol hosed that one up

Eh I think Gabbert knows his role by now

Kessler too really. And you caught me pre-Brissett edit I guess unless you think he considers himself a starter

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

100% no

even in a tear down they would keep Green

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1070438140664532993

#kony2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

This season Mariota improved basically everything about his passing on paper while the overall offense got way worse.

code:

Year    G GS QBrec Cmp% TD% Int% Y/A AY/A  Y/C Rate Sk Yds  Sk%
2017   15 15 9-6-0 62.0 2.9  3.3 7.1  6.2 11.5 79.3 27 173  5.6
2018   11 10 4-6-0 68.6 4.0  2.6 7.9  7.6 11.5 95.0 38 220 12.2
Basically the Titans just confuse me.

Interior line regressed and a lack of playmakers

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Interior line regressed and a lack of playmakers

Part of this is the line but that jump in sack percentage makes me think he's being coached to hold on to the ball more if things aren't perfect.

It could also just be regression or a bad season itself I guess, but that's a big loving jump (and a real bad sack %).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Intruder posted:

Matt Cassel

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Raiders are also the most cash-poor team in the entire NFL with Davis registering his wealth (probably inaccurately) at "only" 500 million. He also is indebted to Bank of America I think for like several hundred million, and they will own the team if he goes insolvent. So you could see how there could be some cash flow issues when it comes to contracts the size of Mack's.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Grittybeard posted:

Part of this is the line but that jump in sack percentage makes me think he's being coached to hold on to the ball more if things aren't perfect.

It could also just be regression or a bad season itself I guess, but that's a big loving jump (and a real bad sack %).

Even his rookie year when the team was just trash he wasn't sacked nearly that much. It's seriously nutso bad out of nowhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1070437032198135808

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kelvin Benjamin, come on down!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1070485550195458048?s=21

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Just in time to face the Patriots, you say? :thunk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeDiGiovanna/status/1070452347954843648?s=19

:ohdear:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Myles Garrett confirmed Nickleback fan. How long till he's suspended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlZgQGWSvN8&t=41s

OBR
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

He also is indebted to Bank of America I think for like several hundred million, and they will own the team if he goes insolvent.

I thought you cannot use team as collateral per league rules?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Myles Garrett confirmed Nickleback fan. How long till he's suspended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlZgQGWSvN8&t=41s

The NFL is pro-Nickleback, as shown by their refusing to replace that (Canadian) group’s halftime show with (Detroit native) Mayer Hawthorne for the Detroit Thanksgiving game like 8 years ago despite an internet petition begging them to do so NOT THAT IM BITTER

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

OBR posted:

I thought you cannot use team as collateral per league rules?

Hard to own a team when broke, I suppose.

But yeah it would go up for general sale, they wouldn't approve a bank as an owner. Somehow not evil and racist enough.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

gonna assume 'explosive plays' are +10 yard gains.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

gonna assume 'explosive plays' are +10 yard gains.

It says right on the graphic what an explosive play is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mebane no :smith: