Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Sorry about your thread, op

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Does anyone need a shitload of styrofoam

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
now you can build a trap door into the stairs or something and have a cool secret fort

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Well, now you have a pre-built dungeon under the stairs. Congrats!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Hugh Malone posted:

now you can build a trap door into the stairs or something and have a cool secret fort
I already have ping pong and pool and darts down here what would I do in a tiny room?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
drat
Well I hope it was actually something valuable and you aren't telling us.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Well at least we made you gently caress up your stairs lol

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

butt dickus posted:

Sorry, guys.

They're all empty.

The old people who lived here before collected china so I assumed it was some pieces they stashed and forgot, but it looks like they just needed a place to keep their styrofoam.

I guess this thread is now about treasures you've found.

Owned

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Now insulate the stairs

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
only way to save the thread is to turn that space into a man cave and document doing it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Dang

Put a doll head in one of the styrofoam ones and you can repost this all over the world!

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Woof Blitzer posted:

Now insulate the stairs

Insulate your stairs by throwing rapidly expanding explosive foam into the fault

https://youtu.be/l285JDSiOOo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seal yourself under the stairs so the next owner doesn't create such a disappointing thread.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

butt dickus posted:

Sorry, guys.

They're all empty.

The old people who lived here before collected china so I assumed it was some pieces they stashed and forgot, but it looks like they just needed a place to keep their styrofoam.

I'm okay with this outcome because it took some effort on your part and you didn't stretch it out over the course of a week to get those sweet nonexistent SA points, condolences

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

butt dickus posted:

Your friendship

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lets say it WAS a shitload of cocaine
#1 would it still be any good

#2 how to actually sell it without getting killed

I suppose it would depend on if you had any connections

Like I don't
Smh
Tricky

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Woof Blitzer posted:

Now insulate the stairs

Every time I look at it, I'm in awe.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

butt dickus posted:

I already have ping pong and pool and darts down here what would I do in a tiny room?

hide valuables

run a still

or something crazy like, make it accessible for extra storage space

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

butt dickus posted:

:circlefap:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
You need to put more stairs under your stairs

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Hugh Malone posted:

or something crazy like, make it accessible for extra storage space
The space under my other, more accessible staircase is effectively empty. We've got about 4000sqft for the two of us.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

You need to put more stairs under your stairs
Finally, a good idea.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Before sealing it back up you need to set up something mysterious and creepy for the next people to find. Some sort of ritual alter.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Put an empty safe in there.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Lol cant win them all

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

butt dickus posted:

Basement toilet.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Blistex posted:

Remember how he built his foundation the wrong dimensions because his long tape measure was plastic & stretched when he measured it? And how for years afterward anyone making fun of it got banned

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp
Good thread tho op! Way to follow through and actually tell us what you found. Even if it was nothin

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Vim Fuego posted:

Remember how he built his foundation the wrong dimensions because his long tape measure was plastic & stretched when he measured it? And how for years afterward anyone making fun of it got banned

pepperidge farm remembers

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Blistex posted:

Clicked expecting this picture. Thank you.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Vim Fuego posted:

Those were the days

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

gleebster posted:

Basement toilet.

I have a full bath in the basement.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
OP you should have found a really rich guy and told him you'd let him keep whatever is inside but he has to buy the entire house from you for the opportunity. Easy money.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Vim Fuego posted:

I wear that ban with pride.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

butt dickus posted:

Sorry, guys.

They're all empty.

Thanks for the update, OP.

So, any guesses as to what he found that was so awesome/illegal, he can't tell us about it? Coke stash? Alien bodies? Lowtax's spare spines?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
came for the groverhouse stayed for the disappointing styrofoam reveal. 4/5

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
What's the floor like and how many bodies do you think are under it

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
boom clap the sound of my heart

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

100% serious post. One of my friends moved into an apartment with a setup like this when she got married, and the bottom half of the staircase retracted when you flipped a switch in the kitchen. When they bought the place, it was billed as a wine cellar, and they used it to store off-season stuff as they were both outdoorsy-types and it was nice to have a place in the apartment to store kayaks, camping gear, and the like. She and her husband were concerned about the fact that there was no apparent way to get out if you accidentally got locked in there, and I told them I would be glad to wire up a three-way switch so there was a way to get out in case someone accidentally got stuck.

If you're feeling a sense of dread, you exactly where this is going and you shouldn't read the spoiler text if you don't want to read about abuse and sexual assault of children; they looked up records on the property and the previous owner defaulted on the lease after being convicted on multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors (multiple victims, not multiple counts with one victim) and charges of kidnapping and false imprisonment.

GWBBQ fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they were not protected

• Locked thread