Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

butt dickus posted:

I have a full bath in the basement.

that's not a toilet idiot

GWBBQ posted:

100% serious post. One of my friends moved into an apartment with a setup like this when she got married, and the bottom half of the staircase retracted when you flipped a switch in the kitchen. When they bought the place, it was billed as a wine cellar, and they used it to store off-season stuff as they were both outdoorsy-types and it was nice to have a place in the apartment to store kayaks, camping gear, and the like. She and her husband were concerned about the fact that there was no apparent way to get out if you accidentally got locked in there, and I told them I would be glad to wire up a three-way switch so there was a way to get out in case someone accidentally got stuck.

If you're feeling a sense of dread, you exactly where this is going; they looked up records on the property and the previous owner defaulted on the lease after being convicted on multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors (multiple victims, not multiple counts with one victim) and charges of kidnapping and false imprisonment.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

All those boxes were full of trapped ghosts op. You didn't see them escape because the lights were on, but now...

Banana Republican
Jul 12, 2007

butt dickus posted:

Sorry, guys.

I guess this thread is now about treasures you've found.

I have some paintings abandoned in a house I rented. Does anyone know how to tell if art is cursed/haunted?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You're hosed mate

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Banana Republican posted:

I have some paintings abandoned in a house I rented. Does anyone know how to tell if art is cursed/haunted?

All art is cursed.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Burn the paintings. If the flames turn black, they were haunted

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
But then, the haunting will be free, and you will be hosed up

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

100% serious post. One of my friends moved into an apartment with a setup like this when she got married, and the bottom half of the staircase retracted when you flipped a switch in the kitchen. When they bought the place, it was billed as a wine cellar, and they used it to store off-season stuff as they were both outdoorsy-types and it was nice to have a place in the apartment to store kayaks, camping gear, and the like. She and her husband were concerned about the fact that there was no apparent way to get out if you accidentally got locked in there, and I told them I would be glad to wire up a three-way switch so there was a way to get out in case someone accidentally got stuck.

If you're feeling a sense of dread, you exactly where this is going; they looked up records on the property and the previous owner defaulted on the lease after being convicted on multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors (multiple victims, not multiple counts with one victim) and charges of kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Did they sue the agents for misrepresenting the property?
Cause they fuckin ought've

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

jemand posted:

All those boxes were full of trapped ghosts op. You didn't see them escape because the lights were on, but now...

Yep, it's this. Called it, OP. Ghosts are invisible so the boxes would look empty but things are about to get freaky.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
C'mon OP you could have at least put your childhood photos in one of the boxes for a photo op or something creepy like that.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It's a true Christmas miracle.

You should put some weird poo poo in those containers then put everything back the way you found it, for the next guy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just a couple of extra glossy prints of the goatman, alongside with some gibberish about the Scarlet Eye looking back and touching the back of your skull. Give those post apocalyptic scavengers in 2060 something to look at!

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

butt dickus posted:

Sorry, guys.

They're all empty.

The old people who lived here before collected china so I assumed it was some pieces they stashed and forgot, but it looks like they just needed a place to keep their styrofoam.

I guess this thread is now about treasures you've found.

drat it, you should have just lied to us and put SOMETHING in the box. :argh:

MajorPain
Apr 18, 2007

Do what now?
It's not all bad OP. Now you have a convenient time out location to threaten your future children with. Just hope this thread never makes it to CPS and you have an effective deterrent well into their teens.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I 5'ed.

Only hidden thing I got is a mostly redundant light switch built inside of a storage closet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Should have gone out and gotten, like, a big mac and put it in the box and just posted "?" after taking the photo

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

communism bitch posted:

Did they sue the agents for misrepresenting the property?
Cause they fuckin ought've

There's a section of my town that was at one point a dumping ground for industrial waste. Decades later they build houses, a soccer field, and two schools on top of it. Unsurprisingly this because a controversy a little under 15 years ago when lots of people in that neighborhood got all seemed to have cancer and then they built and were opening the middle school on the land that was the soccer field. The neighborhood was confirmed to be contaminated with carcinogens. There were protests and things but it didn't delay anything for long and the school both opened and operates to this day.

Recently I came across a young woman who was very happy about her and her husband just buying a house in that neighborhood. Realtors don't give a gently caress if there's something wrong with the place.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So OP's plan is to:

Step 1: Obtain child
Step 2: Place child in dark hole

??

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

put your harry potter in there

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

So OP's plan is to:

Step 1: Obtain child
Step 2: Place child in dark hole

??
That was only if there were valuables. Once I went down there I found the flaw with my plan. You can pull out a pin and lift the lower portion of the stairs to escape.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

now you have a perfect place to set up your doomsday machine.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MajorPain posted:

It's not all bad OP. Now you have a convenient time out location to threaten your future children with. Just hope this thread never makes it to CPS and you have an effective deterrent well into their teens.

Do you wanna get wizards? Cuz that's how you end up with wizards.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

butt dickus posted:

That was only if there were valuables. Once I went down there I found the flaw with my plan. You can pull out a pin and lift the lower portion of the stairs to escape.

You can glue the pin in

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
that's weird, it was locked from the inside before you took the step off?

naem
May 29, 2011

that was a very good thread title

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Hugh Malone posted:

that's weird, it was locked from the inside before you took the step off?
Yeah but you can reach the pin from outside after lifting the tread if you know where it is. I think it was added afterwards. I didn't actually need to cut that board out.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DropsySufferer posted:

drat it, you should have just lied to us and put SOMETHING in the box. :argh:

This is such an obvious move to make if you find nothing, at least for a laugh before coming clean, I can’t help but think the OP actually found a drug stash, panicked and said oops nothing to see here.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

butt dickus posted:

Yeah but you can reach the pin from outside after lifting the tread if you know where it is. I think it was added afterwards. I didn't actually need to cut that board out.

naw, but that's cool it has the kind of hatch I pictured in my head

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

so op what you're saying is (giggling madly) you have—pffft hahaha, you have stairs in your house?? lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

butt dickus posted:

haha owned

But for real stuff a bunch of creepy random stuff in there and spraypaint poo poo on the walls for the next person

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
Nice, you’ve got somewhere to keep your m&ms now.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Zidrooner posted:

I can’t help but think the OP actually found a drug stash, panicked and said oops nothing to see here.

I thought the same thing. OP is holding out on us (for good reason tho).

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
list that space on airbnb

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
If you're in the Bay Area OP, you can rent that out for 1200/mo easy.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

If you're in the Bay Area OP, you can rent that out for 1200/mo easy.

I've seen worse

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mooey Cow posted:

Each of those boxes will have like ten ghosts in them.

OP is hosed now if he really let all the ghosts out

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you look at the boxes it's obviously four ghosts per box idiots

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Do I need archives for the Groverhouse thread?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

CPL593H posted:

There's a section of my town that was at one point a dumping ground for industrial waste. Decades later they build houses, a soccer field, and two schools on top of it. Unsurprisingly this because a controversy a little under 15 years ago when lots of people in that neighborhood got all seemed to have cancer and then they built and were opening the middle school on the land that was the soccer field. The neighborhood was confirmed to be contaminated with carcinogens. There were protests and things but it didn't delay anything for long and the school both opened and operates to this day.

Recently I came across a young woman who was very happy about her and her husband just buying a house in that neighborhood. Realtors don't give a gently caress if there's something wrong with the place.

Port Hope, Love Canal, or other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Republican
Jul 12, 2007

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

It's a true Christmas miracle.

You should put some weird poo poo in those containers then put everything back the way you found it, for the next guy.

Cmon OP salvage the thread with a homebrew oubliette

• Locked thread