Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Gimme that new Obsidian RPG, Doritos Pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Gimme that new Obsidian RPG, Doritos Pope.

oh poo poo i forgot that was tonight

okay between that and metroid there are at least two cool things happening

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Easy Diff posted:

Is this a good thread to talk about how there will never be a good "games" ceremony (like the Oscars) because there isn't an adversarial press, just enthusiasts and access whores?

(This whole paragraph redacted because there are selectively enforced rules about discussing this kind of thing) it was poisoning the well for actual criticism of the extended PR arm that passes for games journalism nowadays.

Also redacted)

But making it impossible to talk about games journalism comes in a distant second!

Did you just come through a wormhole from 2002 where McGriddles were being plastered on the IGN site and sites were using numbers or easily deciphered smiley faces to communicate a game’s value at a glance without having to wade through a poorly written novella that is almost as much about the author as the game itself? I ask because every dipshit in games writing now has a filing cabinet full of Spicy Hot Takes why a game/game series/most games/all games/gamers are, in fact, bad. It’s enough to make one nostalgic for the days when the Jack Thompson wasn’t coming from inside the house.

I want the games press to tell me if a game looks good, sounds good, plays good, and that is increasingly hard to find done well. I don’t need a fuckin’ treatise or dissertation in my review of shooty man 2K18.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

bloodysabbath posted:

gamers are, in fact, bad

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

Did you just come through a wormhole from 2002 where McGriddles were being plastered on the IGN site and sites were using numbers or easily deciphered smiley faces to communicate a game’s value at a glance without having to wade through a poorly written novella that is almost as much about the author as the game itself? I ask because every dipshit in games writing now has a filing cabinet full of Spicy Hot Takes why a game/game series/most games/all games/gamers are, in fact, bad. It’s enough to make one nostalgic for the days when the Jack Thompson wasn’t coming from inside the house.

I want the games press to tell me if a game looks good, sounds good, plays good, and that is increasingly hard to find done well. I don’t need a fuckin’ treatise or dissertation in my review of shooty man 2K18.

rated this comment 7/10

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

quote:

gamers are, in fact, bad.

Not an empty quote

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I agree, we could really use some Ethics in Game Thread Posting

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I agree, we could really use some Ethics in Game Thread Posting

it's actually about ethnics in games journalism

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
heated gaming moment of the year 2018 gos to

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

My wife is making me watch the game awards with her unironically ah gently caress

Lol, imagine enjoying anything unironically ever. Even bigger lol: imagine doing something with someone you love.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yesssss

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Mercury Crusader posted:

Which internet gaming superstar will say the N-word or endorse white nationalism live on stage this year?

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070772596898115584

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

FO76 Nylon Bag

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

alf_pogs posted:

FO76 Nylon Bag
Sending the support tickets dealing with said bags to random users, compromising a bunch of peoples' information.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Sending the support tickets dealing with said bags to random users, compromising a bunch of people's information.

maybe just the whole of fo76 from start to finish

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

god loving drat

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The how to watch page called me "champ". gently caress you game awards! I just want to see "Fortnite Mike Pence" Ninja recieve the trending gamer cursed rubies.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

that time i said 'gently caress you' out loud on that one double bazelgeuse fight

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/zarawesome/status/1070808886167375874

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Who would have foreseen a time when it was a good thing that Microsoft owned an IP instead of the original dev

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
how many awards are they going to rattle off the winners for offscreen this year

Orv
May 4, 2011

fits posted:

how many awards are they going to rattle off the winners for offscreen this year

Either 100% or none. If nothing else the whole game awards thing does seem capable of slowly learning from its mistakes.

Trouble is they make so many mistakes on a yearly basis that they can only fix so much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I woke up in time to watch this poo poo

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
where are the awards, geoff

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Doesnt it start now

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

guess it's on now, i s'pose ?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Kurtofan posted:

I woke up in time to watch this poo poo

A waking nightmare.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
wow its like I'm really watching E3!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do the Dew

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this music sucks, play Gruntilda's Lair theme

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
haven't watched this in a few years. will it still make me embarrassed to be alive

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

fits posted:

It depends, how many CEOs will get to give five-minute intros on stage for content creators while all the devs get thrown their trophies in the parking lot

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

haven't watched this in a few years. will it still make me embarrassed to be alive

almost definitely

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Music

Orv
May 4, 2011
You stupid fuckers better not be excited for another incomprehensible trailer for Kojima's not-game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

corn on the cop posted:

where's your gamer pride

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im goinf to be so tiree tomorrow

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Epic gamer music

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Orv posted:

You stupid fuckers better not be excited for another incomprehensible trailer for Kojima's not-game.

If Lea Seydoux shows up to talk about how awesome Kojima is, I will award it pre-GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Orv posted:

i had honestly not even considered that as a possibility

• Locked thread