Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok I'm in.

If I'm posting at odd hours it's because I have a new baby daughter I swear I'm not Australian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

congrats on your magical snowglobe baby

Gracias amigo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Game ded so what

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Looking forward to a drama free game /s

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

imgay posted:

I ate the last piece of cheesecake.

I licked the last piece of cheesecake.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
P sure that was an OP scum ability

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Suss on IP for dropping the 3rd single vote before ability use. Also doesn't he have heart? If he's town why not kill him?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

If we could please not end a day super early like that again I would really appreciate it!

Y are you not immediately thinking it was scum who offed 3 townies? Feigned innocence?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

If we could please not end a day super early like that again I would really appreciate it!

K re-explaining

Above post looks fake to me. Was pretty obvious it was a scum masterplay.

Having 3 townies flip D1 with practically no info fucks us pretty bad, so coming in with upbeat commentary like this rings false.

Like, I saw those flips and was thinking "gently caress, we're hosed already." Townie holding heart dead, heart being held by A) scum or B) town who scum knows has it is the worst thing, literally.

Happy to put my vote where my mouth is.

##vote Sal

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

This post stands out. Sal makes no mention of game state, just "please don't loving end the day after 30min"

If he had that tone I'd be less suspicious. Ask yourself if town would come in after those flips in a good mood. Know who is in a good mood today and feeling confident?

Scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

Well no kidding it was scum master play. I never said it wasn't. I think it's worth looking at who voted when and not my "lively post".

Yeah I tossed out IP as the only living player who voted, and you agreed with me. It's worth considering.

Looked like a secret day action to me. If IP is town, then scum decided to forgo a free extra kill by not voting before submitting the action.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

Not convinced you're town yet, but I'd really like to see everyone contribute. I've had my say.

Also looking like a role madness, we may get lucky and someone has an investigator result.

Also also if there are 3 scum (standard for this size game I'd think) then turboing is possible and we are already at MYLO.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

huh, if the heart player is nk’d, it goes to the player who did the kill. So scum may not have wanted to out themselves by getting the heart

That is a good point. With a lead like that it may have been best to play safe (if IP is town).

Still doesn't explain 0 scum voting before using that ability. Then again, a mislynch today potentially ends the game, so IP could have been set up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF’s joke looks forced and very soon before the day ended. That’s probably 1 scum vote.

I'm an idiot, I didn't notice 2 people who voted were alive.

Sleep deprivation makes mafia tough.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

hmm I thought IP looked scummier if they straight up voted the heart person who immediately died, but rereading the flip post it went to Yami first who also died, and then to IP

Heart was hidden AFAIK. The vote chain-lynch and heart movement were separate, but very lucky for scum.

You read b- flip closely enough to notice he could have drawn the kill to himself, but you missed that?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Well yeah, d1 was over by the time I woke up

The flips birb, the flips.

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: Yami Fenrir

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: IcePhoenix

It was even bolded.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ice Phoenix, if you have absolutely anything useful please claim it now.

##vote IcePhoenix

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

Yes. I felt IP's vote was a D1 joke vote. I mean they were talking some bullshit about cheesecake. Suddenly right after IP's vote, ASF swoops in (literally a minute later) and then 7 minutes later the day is over. I believe that scum were coordinating when to use the "day ends early" ability to maximum efficiency and seeing 3 votes on town players (and thus 3 dead town players) was the ultimate way to do it.

So you think ASF had a joke vote saved and constantly refreshed the page so he could post it within a minute of another joke vote?

Within a minute is practically simultaneous. You can't believe what you're saying.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

I am tired so I'm not really at 100% right now, so forgive me. Is your theory basically that IP and ASF are both scum and coordinated together? It would explain why IP isn't dead.

I'm saying it's nonsensical and contrived to look at ASF and IP and say ASF is scummier.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

the other votes look like part of a conversation. ASF’s doesn’t, and the day ending soon after that looks opportunistic. This doesn’t make IP town, the vote doesn’t read as overtly scummy to me.

most of what you call “a sustained push” was talking about setup or role reasons why IP may be more or less scummy. it didn’t help because I think they’re null tells

Hey birb, did you end D1 early?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm pretty much always quiet, it's something I need to improve on.

My feelings are basically that given how D1 normally plays out scum wouldn't have had to coordinate anything, it was pretty much inevitable that a bunch of different people would get joke votes on them early day one, scum really just had to wait for that to happen to drop the hammer.

The question is, would scum drop the hammer without also tossing an extra vote (aka free kill) into the mix?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Who is potentially bussing you for towncred as he's been a bit of a standout as well

Don't worry friendfinitum I'm a good magical girl.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

The heart bouncing around randomly amongst the players that voted for the target is an interesting game mechanic.
Scum/3P would want as many chances at grabbing the heart as possible. Those opportunities come with Night Phase + Random Voter.
So why not increase you chances with getting your name on the random voter list.

I would put forth that IP is scum
Tobbs is also scum and 'has' to vote for him at some point so he can be potentially chosen as well JIC his buddy kicks the bucket. Plus it's easier to put out the early vote at the beginning of the day, which he did alongside Gulagdolls, then unvote later. He's still on the list to be randomly chosen.

I do not like the early in the day votes, especially off the back of what happened with D1 and town not knowing what triggered it, or if it could happen again. (Again unlikely in a game this small, but still I'd rather err on the side of caution)

-----------------------------------------
Lastly the thing I will mention is that town can somewhat increase their chances of gaining the heart using the system put in place by gaming the system a bit.
1.) The heart will randomly move between players who voted for the lynched/dead player
2.) Currently Town hold the majority (Or the game would be other as you state)
3.) If EVERYONE votes, then unvotes for IcePhoenix they can add themselves onto the last to be randomly chosen. :siren:

This way town has a higher percentage chance of receiving the Heart than non-town players. (At least 60%+ depending on non-town numbers)
Not an ideal solution, but one that works within the parameters of the game to give us an increased chance of ensuring we end up with the heart.

On that note I would suggest you holding off shooting IP/ASF for as long as possible to give players a chance to vote+unvote IP to get on the list for Heart Movement
##unvote

And because I believe he's scum
##vote Tobbs

Agree with Pod, most likely that heart would go to players on the lynch. If what you think is true, everyone would just vote/unvote everyone and break the system, which would be dumb.

Also, voting for the player who holds the heart and is also most likely scum is alignment neutral. Saying a town Tobbs wouldn't do that is silly.

Besides, IF IP is scum AND there are 3 scum THEN a mislynch today ends the game in a scum victory. That, my friend, is why I'm the only one voting him. I'd hold off even if you agree with me though, it's best if Pod does his thing.

In fact, ##unvote just in case.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Thank you mafia hero forever Podima!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For the record, I solely pushed Pod to dayvidge IP in the masonry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also the masonry chat persists, and I can tell you that IP made no mention of any other players in the game.

Part of what sunk IP is that he claimed in Mason chat to have been MIA when the day action was used, despite voting in the thread beforehand and posting in the masonry afterward.

And further for the record, gulag picked IP as Pod's target as well. As did Yami.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Promove Podima. :hfive:

So who is in the masonry?

Interesting thing to note is that the Heart wasn't mentioned during the flip. Not sure if that was intentional or not, or if scum can move the heart around during Night Phase.

Returning to my other vote of certified weird poster Tobbs.
##vote Tobbs

Me, Pod, gulag, yami.

You're an odd duck infinitum. Pod described his ability in the masonry long before using it. If I were scum I'd have done just about anything to keep 4 townies from being revived.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

I've made several mentions of posts from Tobbs I disliked.

The fact that he's in a masonry is superfluous, and any mentions of "I suggested we shoot IP" can also be perceived as building towncred.

I would also put forth in a masonry that large, that at least 1 person is non-town

Masonry switches, IP was in it D1.

You're a bit obstinate, and you've definitely pushed me before when you were scum, but it doesn't seem like your heart is in it. I suggest voting for a scumbo like birdstrike.

##vote Birdstrike for a better D3.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote 28766f69642a2930

post="490708946"]
yeah not using that name thanks

Np bro

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

I'm 3p. I don't care who wins but as I have no way of communicating with scum I might as well roll with town

Then you should be trying to vote out 23skidoo or whatever who is scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I need to check something before I believe Hawke

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

Cannot confirm, cannot disprove.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote Sal

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

I'm worried that the sal vote will waste our times, but in such a small game it couldn't hurt to lunch him

Better him than town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

is it better than lunching scum though? We only have 2 more executions after this to win.

I'm fine with switching to ASF, it's just that the push onto ASF over IP came from players I don't completely trust.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also it's totally possible Sal is scum fake claiming 3P.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

How do we even lose this game

If we lose Pod will label us the dissapointment brigade forever

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Idk if I agree with that. It implies that Sal still has a stake in this game to me. But I may be overthinking it.

Agree, if he's already won he has zero reason to contribute or direct the lynch away from himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

is anyone else surprised about the dead scum?

I dunno who is in the Mason doc today but there may be an explanation there.