Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

*doom spacemarine man slamming the dinner table rudely*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

what the gently caress is this player list.

hype af

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Toalpaz just to be clear I want it to be known that I am laughing at you not with you

duly noted

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

actually I have been in err because I looked it up and

that is not Master Chief like I thought it was

proceed to laugh at me instead

This is an excellent start for me

you thought it was my man mc? lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

I also will start the game, with or without everyone in the discord! If you roll scum, and you're not in discord, you're on a scum team all your own.

4 nks

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Whoa!~ Whats this?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

H-hi everybody... *deep breath*

Lets work hard together!~

*sob*
It's what miss Anne would have wanted...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Um... I don't think cheesecake will help us catch the monster...

Plus, I don't even get the reference.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I don't get it! Not at all!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Thank you for working so hard friend. You can rest now.

I, will break this cycle.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also that flip is the single greatest thing I read.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There's probably at least 2 more scum among the unflipped.

I wanted to trust all my friends, but despair seems to have overtaken your hearts. You've all been hurt. Despite all that I'll show you a bright future that is worth believing in!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum don't have a lot of room to maneuver, I'm okay trusting Pod, who hit the bullseye, on ASF and Hawke.

I think that the fact that Hawke pushes ASF and not IP, flipped scum, means we should start there.

Okay?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote Hawke

Don't want any day one repeats, no need for threeway ties.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami was town and he voted me anyways for fun, as a joke.

We have to look at people's actions in light of flipped scum. And pay attention to who was interested in IP and who wasn't.

Hawke inexplicably chooses to chase ASF almost exclusively in thread, and not IP. Despite them being relatively the same.

In light of flipped IP. It makes sense if you believe Hawke is scum trying to avoid pushing who we know is flipped scum IP.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Yami was town and he voted me anyways for fun, as a joke.

We have to look at people's actions in light of flipped scum. And pay attention to who was interested in IP and who wasn't.

Hawke inexplicably chooses to chase ASF almost exclusively in thread, and not IP. Despite them being relatively the same.

In light of flipped IP. It makes sense if you believe Hawke is scum trying to avoid pushing who we know is flipped scum IP.

What I'm saying is ASF could have voted as a joke too, looking at Yami's flip.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It could just be happenstance, ASF set up the cheesecake joke earlier, and it could have been contrived. However:

28766f69642a2930 posted:

hmm I thought IP looked scummier if they straight up voted the heart person who immediately died, but rereading the flip post it went to Yami first who also died, and then to IP

Why would you think it would be scummier if someone voted for the heart? That early, it's clear that IP had a plan to get multiple people out on 1 vote. However, why would you assume that scum knew who was the heart, and would land a vote on the heart before using IP's power? If so wouldn't this line of thinking clear ASF who didn't vote for the heart or a heart back up?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF was third vote weren’t they?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF’s vote is worse because it killed beautiful boy imgay

Contentless attempts to push ASF instead of IP

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Thinking about IP living, obviously there’s a chance that binus sacrificed himself as a lightning rod, but altruism isn’t really how he plays

Excusing IP not being the night kill, possibly while knowing that IP was scum.

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF’s joke looks forced and very soon before the day ended. That’s probably 1 scum vote.

Again pushing ASF, not IP. Because the jokes look 'forced'.

While this could have flew before we knew IP was scum, with the knowledge that IP is scum it's pretty clear you're defending your scum buddy in thread.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Well that's a hell of a thing.

Why shouldn't we kill you today? I ask you out of love and friendship naturally.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also I'm voting

##vote Infinitium

I really don't see where this push on Tobbs is coming from?

Like their posts seem reasonable based on what info we have and what has happened?

I'm also side eyeing birdstrike, like don't want to omgus, but continually trying to shift the vote onto me instead of IP in light of the flip does not look great.

oh I seee

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If (once) Hawke flips scum the next set of people to untangle is Sal and Infinitum, between those two there's probably a scum.

If Hawke flips town, then ASF probably merits a luncheon.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Something that is really bothering me is this:

In Mega Man, the revive had a chance to bring back the player as scum. I'm worried that my be the case here. Your flips were Janitored and there was no reason to do that unless some of you changed to scum (or are some sort of 3rd party faction)

So I don't really trust any of you and I think the pushes against Birb and I are really sketchy at best.

I'm not sure how you can read the case and not see that it's the most convincing evidence on the table right now.

It isn't a coincidence that Hawke throws in his lot defending IP and pushing ASF. If you think it's just bad luck on his part, that's extremely forgiving.

We know that he was defending scum off of some gut reads. When pressed by Pod he didn't provide very good answers.

That makes it seem, more than anyone else in this game, that Hawke is scummy.

Town is supposed to be unsure and full of distrust, so why was past Hawke so sure about ASF's scumminess and IP not needing to be lunched?

IP was probably the only scum hand in the pot end of day. And Scum were trying to save him.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

So I'll just come out with it and let the chips fall were they may.

I'm a 3P who wins if the heart is destroyed. As the heart was destroyed by Pod I've won but was given the option to stay in the game. **There might be a new heart but I'm not sure**

So if you cuddle me nbd because I won already and have nothing to play for.

My kill takes a night to setup so I was trying to keep IP alive so that I could finish them off Night 2.

That was why I speculated that Birb might have a similar role. So yeah if you guys turbo me or otherwise vote me out it is a waste of a day for you.

its hardly a wasted day, your wincon is the opposite of ours and you literally can kill town and want to kill the heart?

You're what they call scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

why didn't you take your win and go Sal?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sal may very well be trying to protect birb for a night here. Let's not be hasty and lynch him at our own pace, imo.

thats the only thing I can imagine being true, birb must have like a scary one shot night power.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not sure how you can read the case and not see that it's the most convincing evidence on the table right now.

It isn't a coincidence that Hawke throws in his lot defending IP and pushing ASF. If you think it's just bad luck on his part, that's extremely forgiving.

We know that he was defending scum off of some gut reads. When pressed by Pod he didn't provide very good answers.

That makes it seem, more than anyone else in this game, that Hawke is scummy.

Town is supposed to be unsure and full of distrust, so why was past Hawke so sure about ASF's scumminess and IP not needing to be lunched?

IP was probably the only scum hand in the pot end of day. And Scum were trying to save him.

like this sal business is just a distraction from this.

Sal was under no pressure to claim, and only claimed once I said we should kill birb, and then kill sal or infinitum and solve the game. Sal is scum and birb is scum, but this is stratigic play to change town's order of actions and we should stay our course and not be tricked by third party/scum actions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sal my guy, even barring a revive, the chance of pod reviving 4 people with one vig is highly unlikely, the game wasn't balanced to account for reviving 4 flipped town and I guarantee you that there are 1-2 scum in the people left unkilled at the end of n1.

why are you jumping through loops to assume that one of the four of us are scum, or that hunting that scum is necessary over hunting someone who didn't flip town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

All I see is you trying to muddy the waters. You still can't explain Hawke's and your tunnel vision on ASF over flipped scum in a day where they both started looking just as scummy as each other.

You two have just double down on pushing ASF. Without evolving your arguments beyond 'ASF posts shady too'.

We know ASF posted shady.

But we also know IP flipped scum. And Hawke focused on pushing to vote to ASF exclusively while each could have been good candidates.

Why don't you use information that we all have access to, evidence, to inform your vote. Why do you rely on set up spec to throw baseless suspicion?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

You cannot possibly this dense.

The revive is janitored so you don't have 4 instant confirmed town.

It's fully possible for it to be a complete herring that simply exists to avoid half the game being unlynchable because they're modconfirmed as town from the flips.

Saying "one of them is probably scum" is a fallacy, and only serves to distract from the non-revived people, which 100% still have scum in them.

You are not helping town by doing this.

are me and you secretly the same person?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

##vote sal
you aint town i tell you hwhat

imgay, please vote hawke so we can kill scum, I don't think sal is going to win. scum are more scary with their nk

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

##unvote

I gueeeeeeeeeeeeeess

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote asf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'd prefer getting asf who had likee 5 posts for the first 48 hours of the game and also participated in the uh... scum maneuver.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

well if you're telling the truth than this is likely and asf is also rated scum+ on pod's list.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

whod u doc hawke

n1

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm worried that the sal vote will waste our times, but in such a small game it couldn't hurt to lunch him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

we really should probably waste ASF tbh