Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/RKh1ful.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

imgay posted:

And its already sunday for the australians

Too busy playing Smash tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

[quote="28766f69642a2930" post="490568370"]
[quote="Yami Fenrir" post="490567583"]
##vote solus
[/quote
[/quote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If SolusLunes were an ice cream flavour, he'd be pralines and scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey I'm actually awake while the game is open.
It's a Christmas miracle.

Also yesterday was my day off, so there will now be a distinct lack of poo poo posting from Camp Infinitum as I'll be at work now.

Mayhaps you jerks could not end the day early so I can get some posts in later :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Y are you not immediately thinking it was scum who offed 3 townies? Feigned innocence?

This post stands out. Sal makes no mention of game state, just "please don't loving end the day after 30min"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

You just called Sal out for making a similar post to this.

"Don't end the day early" = "Wish we'd hear from more people"

SalTheBard posted:

Wow goddamn we are at LYLO of there are 3 scum. I hadn't even taken that into consideration

Potentially. Solus reworked the game down from 22 to 12?

I'd go out on a limb and hazard a guess at 2 scum + 1-2 3P.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We also know gently caress all about what happened at the end of D1.

Gun? Bomb? Why was there a kill chain? Why was the heart movement public?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is 287etc birdstrike?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No worries nerdstrike

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ice Phoenix, if you have absolutely anything useful please claim it now.

##vote IcePhoenix

I do not like this push for a claim this early in the day.
No sir I do not.

Nor do I like somewhat haphazard voting off the back of what happened yesterday.
(Though to be fair in a game this small I'm assuming the instahammer wombo combo was a 1 shot type ability)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IP my gut says you're scum, as I feel your last post is potentially a little too self aware.

I feel like if you were town that scum would have started singling you out early in the day to get the ball rolling on a potential lynch, or at least having you in the back of peoples mind when the time came.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

You mean like Tobbs has been doing?

Who is potentially bussing you for towncred as he's been a bit of a standout as well

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote IcePhoenix

Pinging me slightly harder than Tobbs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

I have a vig and I'm going to use it

quote:

Mechanically, what do you think of the fact that town has a better chance at reclaiming the Heart if we vote IcePhoenix out? Ice was involved in the D1 stuff in a suspicious way and has not died despite holding the Heart. Either he was protected, redirect shenanigans happened, or he's scum. Numbers-wise, town stands a better chance of regaining the heart via the vote as we have a majority currently (otherwise the game would be over). I am somewhat surprised that nobody's brought this up besides birb going "hmm voting heart bad".

The heart bouncing around randomly amongst the players that voted for the target is an interesting game mechanic.
Scum/3P would want as many chances at grabbing the heart as possible. Those opportunities come with Night Phase + Random Voter.
So why not increase you chances with getting your name on the random voter list.

I would put forth that IP is scum
Tobbs is also scum and 'has' to vote for him at some point so he can be potentially chosen as well JIC his buddy kicks the bucket. Plus it's easier to put out the early vote at the beginning of the day, which he did alongside Gulagdolls, then unvote later. He's still on the list to be randomly chosen.

I do not like the early in the day votes, especially off the back of what happened with D1 and town not knowing what triggered it, or if it could happen again. (Again unlikely in a game this small, but still I'd rather err on the side of caution)

-----------------------------------------
Lastly the thing I will mention is that town can somewhat increase their chances of gaining the heart using the system put in place by gaming the system a bit.
1.) The heart will randomly move between players who voted for the lynched/dead player
2.) Currently Town hold the majority (Or the game would be other as you state)
3.) If EVERYONE votes, then unvotes for IcePhoenix they can add themselves onto the last to be randomly chosen. :siren:

This way town has a higher percentage chance of receiving the Heart than non-town players. (At least 60%+ depending on non-town numbers)
Not an ideal solution, but one that works within the parameters of the game to give us an increased chance of ensuring we end up with the heart.

On that note I would suggest you holding off shooting IP/ASF for as long as possible to give players a chance to vote+unvote IP to get on the list for Heart Movement
##unvote

And because I believe he's scum
##vote Tobbs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr vote, then unvote IP. If/when Podima uses his vig it will increase the chance that Town receives the heart.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quick clarification before I go to bed

Infinitum posted:

This way town has a higher percentage chance of receiving the Heart than non-town players. (At least 60%+ depending on non-town numbers)

Working on the assumption that ALL 8 players vote
- 5 town, 3 non-town = 62% chance heart goes to town
- 6 town, 2 non-town = 75% chance

The outlier game make-up would be 4 town, 4 non-town for a 50% chance at town.

Currently, from my perspective, the chance that the heart goes to town is currently only 33% (Because I know I'm town, which I know means jack poo poo in an unverified state)
We want to get that percentage up as high as we can, but we can only accomplish this if everyone votes/unvotes IP before Pod uses his vig on whoever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

You've misunderstood the mechanic, my read is that the heart is distributed among people who are on the execution vote, not people who voted them throughout the day.

hmmmm if this is the case
##vote IcePhoenix

I probably won't be around for deadline, but might have a little bit of time on my break a few hours beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAVh8hN-j4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Promove Podima. :hfive:

So who is in the masonry?

Interesting thing to note is that the Heart wasn't mentioned during the flip. Not sure if that was intentional or not, or if scum can move the heart around during Night Phase.

Returning to my other vote of certified weird poster Tobbs.
##vote Tobbs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

I really don't see where this push on Tobbs is coming from?

I've made several mentions of posts from Tobbs I disliked.

The fact that he's in a masonry is superfluous, and any mentions of "I suggested we shoot IP" can also be perceived as building towncred.

I would also put forth in a masonry that large, that at least 1 person is non-town

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Suffer not the 3P to live

##vote Sal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice of Sal to mention the arson ability.

Toalpaz posted:

whod u doc hawke

n1

Birb, what is the name of your ability please.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry, rephrase. The flavour is just 'doctor'?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mmkay.

Who'd you doc last night?
I have some info to reveal, but want to wait until people have checked in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK. Yami. You're the rolecop.

Can you please confirm who you targeted last night?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Last night I doc’d Toal

OK last question. Does your ability name start with an M? If so what is the full name of your ability?

Once these 2 questions have been answered I'll ~reveal all~

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No, but I'm ready to out you as scum depending on Yami's answer.

(Also Yami the initials of the ability that would have been returned to you are ITW. I just need to know who you originally targeted)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd like to see what Yami has to say first, but then would be happy with doing whatever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yami u butt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress it, Yami's probably asleep due to ~timezones~

So lets do a quick recap

Info via flips
Toalpaz - Loved (1 extra vote to lynch) - Has the heart
Yami Fenrir - False Heart/Rolecop - Will appear as Heart if rolecopped / Can rolecop
imgay - Versatile Backup - Can inherit abilities from any NK'd role

Claims
28766f69642a2930 - Doctor

Unclaimed
GulagDolls
Tobbs Gnawed

-------------------------------------------------
Dead people
Podima - Magical Girl - Reversed Sacrificial Dayvig
B-minus1 - Magical Girl - Nexus
SalTheBard - 3P - Arsonist
A Sometimes Food - Monster - Bus Driver

--------------------------------------------------

:siren: My ability is In The Way. I target someone at night and learn what actions targeted that person, even if it normally does not give any indication.

Night 1 I used it on Podima - He was Roleblocked and had another ability that starts with M used on him
Night 2 I used it on Toalpaz - The results returned were Rolecop'd + the same M ability used (I cannot be sure my results are from what happened to Toalpaz because it looks like B-minus may have become a lightning rod)

- Literally NO loving idea what the M ability does.
- I would like to see someone claim the M ability, as I know the full name and can tell you if they're bullshitting or not. :siren:
- I know for a fact that there is a Roleblocker out there. :siren:
- There is potentially a 2nd Rolecop out there due to how Yami's flip was phrased

I'm not sure if I believe Bird is a Doctor in a game with so many defensive abilities.

-------------------------------------------------------

I however strongly believe Tobbs is scum

ASF is weirdly defensive of him, even though this is a small game and I had made mentions of his behavior that I found peculiar

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also I'm voting

##vote Infinitium

I really don't see where this push on Tobbs is coming from?

Like their posts seem reasonable based on what info we have and what has happened?

I'm also side eyeing birdstrike, like don't want to omgus, but continually trying to shift the vote onto me instead of IP in light of the flip does not look great.

Alsos Tobbs is trying to put his best foot forward by stating he was the one that suggested Pod shoot IP.

I don't buy it.

##vote Tobbs
Would also vote Birb. (loving seriously is this Birdstrike? I loving hate renames :argh:)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

I have the m abiltity. I made hawke Target podima n1, and roleblocking and doctoring, are different

What's the full ability name? Or hell even the first 3 letters :nyoron:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We posted at the same time you butt :argh:

Confirming Matchmaker is the ability I've seen twice.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Either Tobbs or Birb are the Roleblocker.

From my perspective I have verified abilities via everyone except those 2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd like to see a claim from Tobbs, then everybody is on the board.

GD what does Matchmaker do?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OH! Now I get it.

##vote hawke

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs also being the 2nd scum rolecop makes sense as well, but this is verified scum movement so :rip:

As an added bonus I'll be able to protect Toalpaz tonight as I'm also 1x bulletproof :v:

Toalpaz posted:

Um why is it Hawke exactly? Maybe I'm missing a claim somewhere?

- My ability In The Way targets a player and I learn the name of every ability that targets them.
- GulagDolls ability is Matchmaker. It makes 2 people target each other
- N1 I used In The Way on Podima.
- GD used Matchmaker on Hawke + Podima
- I was informed that the 2 abilities used on Podima N1 were 'Roleblock' + 'Matchmade'

Ergo Hawk is the Roleblocker, as his roleblock ability was redirected to Podima, and he is lying about being the Doctor

They're scum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GD if you believe me to be town, and Tobbs is the final scum, Matchmake me + Tobbs tonight.
I'll be able to take a hit.

Yami is free to Rolecop Tobbs and confirm their ability.
Should be 0 bussing/nexus/lightning mechanics to worry about.

(This is just my opinion on how tonights movements should play out)

Past that we'd have to start looking at people brought back to life flipping alignment as potential scum targets.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5uGXklvz0s

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:redhammer:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pro-loving-move by Podima basically turned this game around. Had he shot incorrectly I think scum+sal might have pulled off the win.
I absolutely adore that role as well. Great take on a dayvig ability.

Really happy final scumbo Birb was found via verified night movements. Don't usually see that often.

Scratching my head why Sal outed himself as the 3P though, particularly with the arson ability.

~Sorry for doubting you Tobbs~ you just made weird posts at the start of D2 that felt out of place.

Thanks for the game Solus, was fun playing mafs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can you post roles/moddoc Solus?

Wanna know what happened D1