Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Because he wasn’t in on the quickhammer. Maybe I phrased it poorly - looking at day 1, he was the only person I felt confident about not being involved. He could have been sleepy scum but there’s others I would vote for first :3:

Oh gotcha that makes perfect sense! Thank you Birb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Basically Pod, Birb and I have been the 3 most active people and thefact that IP flipped scum does not bode well imho for ASF.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

You mean it doesn't bode well for hawke?

As Pod and I pointed out, he's been protecting IP by trying to shift all the focus onto ASF. Why would this look bad on ASF?

Why do you trust hawke so blindly anyway? It's rather fishy.

The main reason I originally didn't want to cuddle IP is just for heart control. ASF and IP were both super scummy to me.

That was the reason I wanted to cuddle ASF and vig IP was because then we would know who has heart and could protect them.

As of now we don't know where the heart is and how does that help town?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes, I am aware this is setup spec, but there is like, literally no way this setup has a protective role that can protect the heart carrier multiple nights in a row in a 4 day game.

Hmmm that's a good point. You gave me a lot to think about.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

But to be fair a role that is a day vig, reset, suicider, janitor isn't typical either.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Something that is really bothering me is this:

In Mega Man, the revive had a chance to bring back the player as scum. I'm worried that my be the case here. Your flips were Janitored and there was no reason to do that unless some of you changed to scum (or are some sort of 3rd party faction)

So I don't really trust any of you and I think the pushes against Birb and I are really sketchy at best.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

So I'll just come out with it and let the chips fall were they may.

I'm a 3P who wins if the heart is destroyed. As the heart was destroyed by Pod I've won but was given the option to stay in the game. **There might be a new heart but I'm not sure**

So if you cuddle me nbd because I won already and have nothing to play for.

My kill takes a night to setup so I was trying to keep IP alive so that I could finish them off Night 2.

That was why I speculated that Birb might have a similar role. So yeah if you guys turbo me or otherwise vote me out it is a waste of a day for you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

its hardly a wasted day, your wincon is the opposite of ours and you literally can kill town and want to kill the heart?

You're what they call scum.

If I was scum why would I confess? I can't kill anyone tonight because IP was vaporized. My wincon is opposite of scum too since I'm assuming they have a similar "control the heart" wincon town does.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

why didn't you take your win and go Sal?

Because I was having a good time on this game

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Birb is a 3p at best. I would be pretty shocked if he flipped scum, but if he is how you want to go Inn flexible. If I my ability I'm assuming the target would know for the setup. If I use it (which I won't) then you guys can turbo me. If nobody classrooms them you know I'm acting in good faith.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Birb is a 3p at best. I would be pretty shocked if he flipped scum, but if he is how you want to go I'm flexible. If I use my ability I'm assuming the target would know for the setup. If I use it (which I won't) then you guys can turbo me. If nobody claims then you know I'm acting in good faith.

Mafia edit

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

O_O

I mean I was comfortably suspicious of Sal already, I knew they were posting weird.

##vote Sal

I'm happy to move to Numbers or back to Infinitum but I figure someone should have a vote here.

Yeah it's interesting how quiet the thread was (scum chatting in scum chat) and then you come and lead the charge to drop a vote here.

I'm voting for Scumtimes Food. I don't think the "joke" vote on D1 was a joke and I think it was a coordinated effort. I have nothing to gain from full claiming, but I did because I wanted town to look for actual scum. I'm voting with majority, and I think if the majority lets ASF live they are stupid. ASF is my #1 scum read and this post just smells of opportunism.

##vote ASF

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

Or I have a weird timezone.

And it's not opportunism to punish a gambit like this. If you were telling the truth why should we trust you. You have no reason to side with town over scum. If you're telling the truth then at best you're just gonna stir the pot with insincere votes with no motivation to help town win.

I'm 3p. I don't care who wins but as I have no way of communicating with scum I might as well roll with town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Then you should be trying to vote out 23skidoo or whatever who is scum

That's why I'm voting ASF

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

##vote sal didn't react very happily 4 allegedly winning

What did I have to react to?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

the game continuing and Sal still being in it makes me disbelieve that Sal met his wincon

I have an individual wincon as I am a 3P, but sure

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

you were playing better when you were dead

Pod, you should've never used your ability.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Achieving win condition

Why would I react to that in thread?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Because you won and there are no stakes and no reasons to not pop off or do anything. Also I dare to make a post that doesn't ask a question

Do I ask a lot of questions?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Tell me the name of the individual who wrote your fakeclaim

I'm not fakeclaiming?

I mean look, I have nothing else to gain. If you guys cuddle me thats fine, I've already won (albeit totally accidentally). It was kind of a hollow victory, which is why I was allowed to actually try to achieve my wincon on it's own. But I really don't think I have an avenue to achieve that. Basically I would have to know by tonight who has the heart, setup my kill, and then kill them on N3, all while hoping they didn't get cuddled on D3. I have a really challenging wincon, that I accidentally was able to achieve through no effort on my own (other than nudging Pod a little to use the vig on IP).

So yeah if you want to know why I didn't react, I had nothing to react to. I full claimed because I figured town might keep me around until d4 because that way they at least know who one 3p is and they can at least cuddle me last. If I haven't setup a kill by N3 I can't win (again). I would prefer to stay and help town scum hunt.

I still think there is a possibility that the revived players are not playing with towns best interest in mind. If there was no way for them to flip alignment, there reintroduction to the game wouldn't have required janitored alignments. Look into your heart, you know what I'm saying is true.

If Toalpaz, imgay, Yami, and b-minus1 are all town I will use my vig on myself out of shame, but the odds that one of the 4 of them are scum are super high.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

While it's possible (and likely) that one of them has flipped alignments (in fact, even roles could have been swapped around, as those were janitored too), that argument is once again bogus.

The bigger reason the flips are janitored is because we'd have 4 confirmed town otherwise.

I don't understand what you are saying. Sorry. You said that it is likely someone flipped but the argument is bogus because of reasons?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

sal my guy, even barring a revive, the chance of pod reviving 4 people with one vig is highly unlikely, the game wasn't balanced to account for reviving 4 flipped town and I guarantee you that there are 1-2 scum in the people left unkilled at the end of n1.

why are you jumping through loops to assume that one of the four of us are scum, or that hunting that scum is necessary over hunting someone who didn't flip town.

My main reason for claiming was to explain why I personally was pushing for ASF over IP. I think ASF still looks scummy as hell. I tried to come up with an excuse that made sense without revealing my 3p-ness but I couldn't come up with a plausible excuse. I don't care if you cuddle Birb outside of thinking it's a stupid decision.

ASF should be #1 with a bullet

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

You're deliberately throwing shade on the revived people without stating the big reason why they're janitored, is what I'm saying.

What you're saying (that you're a 3p that won and doesn't care) and what you're doing (throwing shade on people deliberately) are not matching up.

The big reason for a Janitored flip is because they changed alignment???

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Sal didn’t you just play in a Solus game where revived townies could come back anti-town?

SalTheBard posted:

Something that is really bothering me is this:

In Mega Man, the revive had a chance to bring back the player as scum. I'm worried that my be the case here. Your flips were Janitored and there was no reason to do that unless some of you changed to scum (or are some sort of 3rd party faction)

So I don't really trust any of you and I think the pushes against Birb and I are really sketchy at best.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

I'd prefer getting asf who had likee 5 posts for the first 48 hours of the game and also participated in the uh... scum maneuver.

Listen to this person

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

:ghost:Go Town!:ghost:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Oh poo poo wow. Birb we aren't friends anymore

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I thought you were town :-(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I almost said "If Birb is scum I would never play mafia again!"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I think the issue was we both had same objective (protect IP, cuddle ASF) so that just made me trust you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

Can you post roles/moddoc Solus?

Wanna know what happened D1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nkk7oiL8AfgEBuU5bXs6GvViO6cFv34gYu7MYAWSrQw/edit?usp=drivesdk