Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think they were referring to the triathlon guy who showed up in his swimgear.

I'd watch a drag Nailed It, but I don't know if a Drag Race episode is the best idea because the girls have to be home enough to practice baking.

How about Latrice as a judge instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Seluin posted:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only dude creepin' on Nailed It hotties.

Nicole Beyer is my nailed it hottie

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Rewatch update: I forgot moby was a werkroom guest for half a second in season 7

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The day has come... :woop:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m terrified that this season is gonna eat it’s own tail with Drag Race references.
Christmas Queens was way too self-referential and it would be a huge breath of fresh air if they’d cut that poo poo out.

...unless they’re all still hollering VAAAAANJIE because it’s kinda perfection.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Drag Race has been overly self referential since day one tho! It's why I lowkey get triggered when friends start it but watch it out of order lmbo

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

References are a huge part of drag but when the references are 90% Drag Race it’s kinda odd. Almost like they only have their own in-universe canon.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The show has always been a ton of references to past seasons tho, is what I meant. Like building challenges around referencing themselves.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There's a fine line between callbacks and saying ABSOLUTELY 900,000 times.

It feels kind of silly to complain about how the references lack an organic quality to them when we're talking about an artform dedicated to pure artifice, but I get it and kinda agree. :shrug:

All I know is Latrice is gonna be on my television soon and she's bringing Trinity and I'm honestly pretty jazzed about the whole thing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm more excited for this season than I have been for anything since AS2 tbh

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Because both are on Fridays, I need a version of the current JoJo ED except with the AS4 girls... :allears:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Whomever recommended Nailed It! Thank you so much. Nicole Byer is just the best.

Also that gay guy who showed up in his triatholon gear is cute as heck. I may be basic.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

Whomever recommended Nailed It! Thank you so much. Nicole Byer is just the best.

Also that gay guy who showed up in his triatholon gear is cute as heck. I may be basic.

Nothin’ basic about a little bit of healthy thirst, friend.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

I'm more excited for this season than I have been for anything since AS2 tbh
T B H yeah

there's just a lot of queens who I know can turn a goddamn look this All Stars and who have a lot of personality; counter that to AS3, where we all went in going "Oh, that's pleasant, that person's here again."

I feel like AS3 was mostly put together to cash in on the Trixie hype train, but this feels more like they just want to do another good-rear end season of talented queens kicking rear end.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I've watched the first 15 minutes about 20 times so far. Is the episode on yet?

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Whalley posted:

I feel like AS3 was mostly put together to cash in on the Trixie hype train, but this feels more like they just want to do another good-rear end season of talented queens kicking rear end.

I think someone said it earlier in the thread but a lot of AS3 felt like queens who were regarded by the fanbase as "gone too soon" or who got a raw deal (Milk, Ben, Trixie, Thorgy), but without much consideration for if the group would mix well/make for good TV (Trixie/Ben/Kennedy in particular can come across pretty flat/dry). This cast seems much more entertaining.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

warez posted:

I think someone said it earlier in the thread but a lot of AS3 felt like queens who were regarded by the fanbase as "gone too soon" or who got a raw deal (Milk, Ben, Trixie, Thorgy), but without much consideration for if the group would mix well/make for good TV (Trixie/Ben/Kennedy in particular can come across pretty flat/dry). This cast seems much more entertaining.
Dela would have been a great choice for an All Stars if other people in the season were on her level TBH. She can be a loving mess sometimes but every challenge with her was either "she wins instantly" or "she didn't want to try."

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Whalley posted:

Dela would have been a great choice for an All Stars if other people in the season were on her level TBH. She can be a loving mess sometimes but every challenge with her was either "she wins instantly" or "she didn't want to try."

How many drag performers are on Dela's level at thinking on her feet, wit, aesthetics, acting, dancing, singing, being charismatic? In the USA? In the world? She's absolutely top notch at everything they measure on rpdr except for sewing, and I'm not sure who else is at that level who hasn't already won, so it feels weird to say "just find people on her level!"

I can't wait for the show, I'm attending a viewing with Ross Matthews, Ongina, and Detox and then going to drag shows until midnight :) Happy drag race season!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:siren::woop:ONE HOUR LEFT:woop::siren:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Today's shift has suuucked and I can't wait to get off, get cheap drinks and go to the viewing party lmao. See you all after the late showing!!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
This season has a super strong cast, very excited!

Based on previous All Stars I'm assuming they're going to introduce some zany formatting ~twist~ probably with Manila and Latrice having special status. Like Latrila picking the lipstick for the bottom three girls or something, who knows, it will probably be dumb based on All Stars' track record but oh well, this cast rules!

Really hard for me to make predictions I love so many of the queens this season. If I had to guess, Jasmine Masters, Gia, and Farrah are early outs but I look forward to being surprised.

edit: and honestly I think Monet could go home early if she doesn't really step up her runway execution. She had a lot of good concepts but oh boy were the final products busted.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Ok, I'm not a Trinity fan but coming out of the body bag is pretty good.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Noise Machine posted:

Ok, I'm not a Trinity fan but coming out of the body bag is pretty good.

Trinity was a pleasant surprise on her original season, she seemed like "just another" pageant queen but it turned out she's loving hilarious.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Trinity is going to be top three imo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm so happy someone pointed out that you can get a free 24 hour VH1 pass from their website!!!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Latrice's fuckin read on Valentina

:captainpop:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Noise Machine posted:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Gia, you're no legend yourself.

I see nothing has changed with her.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Noise Machine posted:

Honestly same.

I'm surprised how good Naomi was at reading too

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh no Farrah...

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

oh gently caress that hurt, she did not land well

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

MANILLA. WHAT A GAG OF A PAINTING.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Jasmine just talked about assholes and left eh?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So Jasmine and Farrah on the bottom? Maybe Manilla, Monet, Monique, and Latrice in the middle, with everyone else on top?

Villaintina has never looked more gorgeous.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Top Guard goes to Latrice.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Jasmine is the new Trixie; the internet told her too much that this is Good and she listened too hard to the echo chamber

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

Jasmine is the new Trixie; the internet told her too much that this is Good and she listened too hard to the echo chamber

But weren't people always laughing AT Jasmine? While she was going for laughs, I never felt like what she was trying to go for is what people were connecting with.

Also, Jenifer Lewis is America's Sweetheart.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 15, 2018

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

the more I see the loving smart smoke alarm commercial with the Sistine Chapel the more I'm disgusted.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
My VH1 stream is still playing Wedding Crashers, blargh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

But weren't people always laughing AT Jasmine? While she was going for laughs, I never felt like what she was trying to go for is what people were connecting with.
She's legit funny. Her poo poo is funny, she's a great comedic storyteller, but she leaned into what other people had already said was good rather than just being her authentic self.

Like yes, there's a element of hosed up racist dickheads who say "ha ha look at the black thinking they can joke" but the majority of us legit think she's hilarious.