Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

So about that, I hear Jasmine left before holi-slay production was over but the internet rumormill just directs me to watching her live instagram story. I don't do insta. Can someone shed more light on that? I'm hesitant to google lest I get AS4 spoilers in the mix. I guess she was mad about Shangela running late throughout taping, but was that a body double for most or what? I mean jush did the drat "don't gently caress it up" with the bag on her head ...what was all that?

Jasmine had some issues with Shangela and Eureka. Shangie was late numerous times, I guess, which is weird for her tbh but Jasmine was having none of it. I guess Shangie apologized later (which Jasmine is not accepting at this time lmao) Eureka insisted on throwing a bunch of high kicks/etc into choreo everyone knew was supposed to be simple and quick, then complained about being tired for the rest of the day. Jasmine told her to just rest and chill out, sit tf down for a bit, then and Eureka started whining that Jasmine is skinny and doesn't get it. I guess Latrice had to step in to chill Eureka the gently caress out.

Guess this explains why there's like 0 Jasmine talking heads, and she didn't seem to be in the onesie number.

e: the eureka/jasmine thing has been known for a bit but specifics are new.

e2: sounds like jasmine was going thru some personal tragedies as well during the filming of AS4 and the special :(

esperterra fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That explains the no "cheesy explanation voiceover" for Jasmine's look, which was just confusing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
is this on uk netflix yet? can't see it anywhere

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
It's on UK Netflix now!!!

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
This was pretty dumb and fun.
Sonique looked amazing, Kim Chi was stunning, and I can't wait to see more of Latrice in All Stars.
Also very happy that Shawn Morales seems to be back again. :woof:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't know if the RuPaul and Michelle doubles were supposed to be clockable or not but that was buck wild.

czg posted:

Also very happy that Shawn Morales seems to be back again. :woof:
I've got my fingers crossed that reindeer dude who danced with Trixie will be back for All Stars. :drat:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The double work was 10000009% bad on purpose

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm sad Michael Michelle didn't vogue, considering her history.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That was dumb and cheesy in all the right ways

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I just remembered Trixie giving up on pretending to play the violin and lowering it while it was still playing

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Really bad stuff

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
This is so freaking good I don’t know what y’all are talking about

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mayhem’s runway look was loving amazing, like a goddess of the winter solstice or something

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 9, 2018

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Mayhem’s runway look was loving amazing, like a goddess of the winter solstice or something

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Mayhem is the only one who showed up to loving win

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mayhem's runway ownt, and if it hadn't been a fully scripted episode she shoulda won. But she came to recite her lines lmao

e: also if anyone wants Jasmine's live (lmbo it's an hour) where she talks about why she left the Christmas special early:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCHuHY6ZpV8

God I love Jasmine Masters. Can All Stars 4 just be her and talking at the camera? I could (and often do) just throw her old lives on lmbo

lmao right at the beginning: she kept that fabric on her head during the lip sync b/c it hosed up her makeup and she didn't know the words anyway :discourse:

esperterra fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 9, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Misso has been rewatching early seasons and I was doing something else but I overheard the exchange Tati has in the makeover episode with her elderly queen about how his pubes fell out and now I can’t think about anything else

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This is reminding me of thinking about what my father dying will eventually feel like

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Let me now have strong opinions about the queens returning for All-Stars 4:

First of all, I'm sorry. Gia Gunn only got invited back because she pointed out Ru's hypocrisy and general shittiness regarding the "no post-op people" statement. Sorry. She came off as really dumb in her season, and I don't think she brings much except fish. I'd MUCH rather see any other trans queen come back, if tokenism and excuses are the only motivation for casting. Much rather see Pep or Jiggly, because they are at least interesting.

Gia's bag can come back any time, though. Preferably into my closet.

miss u hula hoop baggo <3

Farrah Moan- Farrah's whining and anime girl-esque pouting actually strikes me as cute, but she better have some hidden depths.

Gia Gunn- Thank you for standing up to Rupaul. Not excited to see her work again, though I'm happy to eat my words later if she shows a bit more this time around.

Jasmine Masters- I always though Jasmine was probably hilarious, given the opportunity, so I'm excited to see what she has for us this time.

LATRICE loving EXCUSE BEAUTY ROYAAAALE- The last time I went to Werq, I was PISSED. Detox did the same exact routine she'd done the year before. So did Valentina. I waited in line for four hours to snag a good spot and they bring out this tired old poo poo? Then some queen decided to pick a fight with my husband and push me off the riser I was on because she wanted to stand in that exact spot (I'm 5'3 and her wig was GINORMOUS!) so basically my very shy and not-a-fan-of-drag husband was pretty unhappy.

Then Latrice came on. She sang her loving song AND she stomped the loving stage with color guard poo poo. Also, she was genuinely so happy and pleased and took more time than any queen to talk to the audience. My husband has a soft spot for her in general and he was like :unsmith: after she came on. Latrice is just such a beautiful human. I'm so happy to see her back.

Manila Luzon- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Monet X Change- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I love her and I love her big blue glasses!

Monique Heart- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Naomi Smalls- I love Naomi and look forward to seeing how her drag has matured.

Trinity Taylor- I think Trinity is an incredibly funny and talented queen, and really deserves to be back.

Valentina- I again feel like this is some kind of way for Ru to make up for bad press. Valentina was fantastic on the show, but again, who does the exact same performance in the exact same show every single year? No.

WINNER:
Valentina (if everyone else is lackluster)
or
Manila

Runners-Up:
Valentina (if she doesn't distinguish herself, but Ru wants to keep people sweet)
Trinity
Latrice

First elimination
Jasmine Masters

e: Am rewatching Season 7 and I actually love it? Miss Fame geeking out over chicken is so beautiful, and I absolutely loved Pearl vs. Trixie in the lip sync.

Katya should have won every single season btw.

ee:

Pinwiz11 posted:

Before we start AS4, there is a special Holiday episode where eight queens return to become the "Drag Race Christmas Queen". The Queens are:

- Eureka, Season 10 - Finalist
- Jasmine Masters, Season 7
- Kim Chi, Season 7 - Finalist
- Latrice Royale - Season 4/AS1
- Mayhem Miller - Season 10
- Shangela - All-Stars 3 - Robbed
- Sonique - Season 2
- Trixie Mattel - All-Stars 3 - Winner

Can't wait to get drunk and watch this!

ALL OF THIS WORKS FOR ME.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 9, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

First elimination
Jasmine Masters

That Q and A they all did with Carson the other day pretty much confirmed this for me. Every answer she gave was only 1 word and only because Carson would go out of his way to ask her things.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The holiday thing was, uhhh, terrible (and great a few times) but holy god did I laugh my rear end off at the body doubles during the Ru/Michelle lsfyl

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eureka trying to rebrand herself as the "Jolly Queen" is quite frankly very insulting when she's sharing camera time with Latrice

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
So that was basically a commercial for rus Christmas album huh

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
That holiday episode was a gold mine for quality GIFS that will be ruling Twitter for christmasses to come!

I thought it was hilarious, stupid but hilarious. Rupaul was more fun than they have been for years! And I've had 'hey sis it's christmas' in my head all weekend, so the advertising worked!!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Eej posted:

Eureka trying to rebrand herself as the "Jolly Queen" is quite frankly very insulting when she's sharing camera time with Latrice

Gunt swiffer lazy dead eye catwalk trash talk queen is jolly now?

Okay.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

Gunt swiffer lazy dead eye catwalk trash talk queen is jolly now?

Okay.

GUNT SWIFFER

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm late to this but wow at Vixen going after Sahara Davenport so she can try to style on Manila is... some poo poo

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I loved that terrible campy hour-long commercial for Ru's Christmas album

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

nerd_of_prey posted:

And I've had 'hey sis it's christmas' in my head all weekend, so the advertising worked!!

Same

My new job is full of lesbians who don’t watch drag race and it caught on immediately, it’s a good line

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Am I the only one, upon hearing Ru's 'Hey Sis, It's Christmas", was immediately put in mind of Willam's "HO HO HO HO"?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
"Sismas" had some unfortunate homophones sadly.

Also I'm no longer on board for Gia to do well after seeing this rolling stone panel where Jiggly shares a traumatic experience of being assaulted who doing sex work and Gia cuts in to ask if she "takes responsibility for putting herself in that situation". loving ignorant holy poo poo.

Sonique looked great, Michelle's mom dancing was excellent, and kimchis runway look was everything. Rupaul himself just came off as a walking pile of notes from the network imo.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Real talk: Mayhem won the runway, y/y?

Sonique was resplendent (but needed to iron the pants).

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Gia is honestly one of the absolute worst people possible to be a trans/gay/lgbt/drag rolemodel. Like she completely oozes bigot vibes and comes across as FYGM as hell. It’s cool she was able to transition and be happier and i’m all for her career but get Jiggly or Pep or hell Carman Carrera on there instead, all of them deserve the airtime more

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Real talk: Mayhem won the runway, y/y?
:yeah:

Latrice on the runway again was pure joy though. Can't wait to have her back on AS4

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Aphra Bane posted:

:yeah:

Latrice on the runway again was pure joy though. Can't wait to have her back on AS4

Hell yeah

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Hug in a Can posted:

Roscoe's is amazing for viewing parties, too :)

We ended up watching it at DS Tequila because we needed dinner, Sidetrack doesn't serve food, and as we were walking in, we saw that they were also going to show the special.

Fun special overall. I hadn't even noticed that Jasmine went missing part way through, she's never done anything for me.

The star of the special was definitely that Pit Crew member with the floppy curly hair who kept on stealing the camera from the queens.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So there's a Bootleg Fashion Photo Ruview with Jaymes Manfield & Yuhua... it's certainly..
Make your own decision https://youtu.be/KigHXan0vHE

Looking forward to AS4. Hoping for a Latrice/Manilla/Trinity/Naiomi win. Oh and more Monique Heart.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

jit bull transpile posted:

Also I'm no longer on board for Gia to do well after seeing this rolling stone panel where Jiggly shares a traumatic experience of being assaulted who doing sex work and Gia cuts in to ask if she "takes responsibility for putting herself in that situation". loving ignorant holy poo poo.

That's loving gross. Like, unbelievably self-centered and tone-deaf. Now I feel way less mean about what I said about her.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gia has always been an rear end in a top hat but she took it to an entirely new low with that, what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Why the gently caress is this poo poo not called RuPaul's Slay Belles?

e: RuPaul mouths the words to her own songs during LSFYLs, but not when she's actually onstage doing the lipsync? Dang.

ee: lmao that ending, not surprised, but whatever. The faker Ru and Michelle were, um, subtle?

eee: This was a fine album promo imho.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 10, 2018