Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
gently caress YEAH LATRICE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even in a trailer Latrice is still lovely :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always feel like Manila loves what he's doing even when it's kind of out there and not everyone's thing, there's a joy that is really infectious :3:

That was a good first episode and I enjoyed it, the result was not surprising.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I'm all about how loving tired everyone is of sponges and brown cow stunning lmao. I'm here for p much all of what Willam said, other than his being bored by/wanting Gia's number to be more drag and less traditional.

Wouldn't it in part depend on your description of drag? I mean, to me Gia's performance was drag, because she was wearing stereotypically feminine clothing and Performing stereotypically feminine dance, in as much as I know about anything relating to Japanese culture. It just wasn't Western. Granted, I might just be an idiot who has a limited understanding of what drag as a concept actually represents. Saying it's not drag based on my understanding what drag is, doesn't make sense

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zedar posted:

Maybe this is unreasonable, but I feel that if you're actually a woman coming out dressed as a woman isn't enough to qualify as / feel like drag (which I know is controversial, but I guess this is why the whole concept of admitting trans people into the competition is controversial). I want it to be bigger or more over the top or something.
For me that gets into one of those areas that I don't feel like I can talk comfortably about - specifically transwomen doing drag traditionally as done by out-of-drag male-presenting people - without totally talking out of my rear end as someone who has no real insight into either except through the internet and Drag Race. I do get the desire for more over the top, that does make sense.

That being said the non-singing non-comedy performance was great and I wish Gia wasn't just so... Gia offstage.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
12 thoughts while watching this episode stoned out of my mind:

1. I want that "YES FAT YES FEMME" shirt Farrah was wearing.

2. Holy poo poo Farrah going off on Gia made me happy. I'm glad someone called Gia on her poo poo.

3. "Fake as gently caress dot com."

4. jfc naomi's legs give me them

5. Monique's voice is really good drat

6. If Latrice ever has a milkshake duck moment I will loving riot because I love her so much

7. Every one of Valentina's talking heads comes off as barely-restrained crazy in a way that makes me slightly uneasy. Maybe it's the eyes that always seem held open really wide for some reason. Or the total lack of eyebrows.

8. Seriously though Naomi's legs??? How even. And he's also talented??? gently caress.

9. I didn't agree with how they judged Monique.

10. Gia no seriously stfu.

11. Valentina earned that win, that was tight.

12. Aw Farrah keep working at it honey, you've got a good attitude and you're getting there

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching e3 now, Latrice's laugh is really just the best thing :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Manila always just seems to have so much fun and it makes her really enjoyable to watch

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Drag race Thailand returns this week. So excited for more Panpan.

Legit more excited about this than I was for All Stars. I hope that same translator/team subs it, their subs + culture/language explanations were great.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat I just like to watch Manila perform.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Drt sub for episode one is up on Kudalakorn's Twitter.

There's a lot more English than last season and Ru needs to fire Ross Matthews and hire PanPan.
PanPan crush: Reignited as gently caress.

I mean look at that smile

Tendai fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 13, 2019

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just like the smirky little smile in that one, it's a bad screencap from the episode

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Art is great, PanPan is great, together they're hella great.

I liked the doll challenge in that casting mini-episode, that was neat

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

I got like 2 minutes in and hated it, Nina's character was annoying :(
This was also how I felt, it just wasn't... real good, for me.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was about to get real steamed about the Monique vs. Latrice decision until that "and one more thing.." from Ru :catstare: Latrice lost that one and should not have stayed.

Naomi was way more than I thought she would be, drat.

Trinity for president all star

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nyeehg posted:

Honestly it's weird seeing Latrice so bitter. She seems convinced that her elimination was a personal attack. Kinda lovely to still be mad at Monique when she's just following the rules of the game. In any event I hope Latrice does better than she has so far. Be a shame to return for nothing.
This is exactly how I feel - the bitterness is weird and deeply offputting to me.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Naomi has really impressed me - it's kind of like Manila is top of her game but I expect that level of put togetherness from Manila, while Naomi has been a delightful surprise who I overlooked on her season :allears:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Also Panpan is easily, easily the best judge drag race has ever seen. Ever.
I love his screeching yells when he gets excited about things during the runway. :allears:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This guy from the pit crew FACE THAILAND was so goddamn hot (terrible screenshot)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

Mercedes Iman Diamond: first Muslim queen! that's cool!
I'm quietly excited by this in the same way I would be if there was a dwarf competing. Having positive representation for either of those two things I share is always cool and it's really loving sick that I've gotten to see both of those on RuPaul's Drag Race of all loving place :unsmith: The women from the reality TV show that were on in whatever year recently were the most real representation of being a dwarf woman that I've ever seen in my life.

Jr. posted:

I just fuckin' love Vanjie, period. She looks great and then she opens her mouth and she's this brash, ashy-voiced dude, her very existance is a gag
It took you saying this to realize it's exactly why I like her, the unashamed Vanjieness of it all is just... :discourse:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Unasked for thoughts from watching this after waking and baking:

Valentina is crazy but man sometimes she's a very likeable crazy?

Ru is wearing a star of david?

Manila is super cute when he smiles :kimchi:

"You're skinny, I'm... sometimes skinny"

All the club bits were good for me, I laughed at least once in all of them.

Rediscovering Trinity (I fuckin loved her look on the runway) has been kind of a joy, I think I really underappreciated her on her first go.

Carson is just a wonderful little man and I want to hug him.

I kind of wanted the elimination to go the other way just for the ongoing entertainment for me as a viewer but I think they're both strong competitors in their own way so it was A Choice.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

im going back to party city i can't loving handle this
I mean, it is where you belong

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Edit: Unintentional good timing on my part, DRT e3 was just posted

Edit2: Obligatory Panpan is gorgeous :allears:

Tendai fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 27, 2019

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always get the feeling that Art really wants contestants to succeed and grow and it comes through in the critiques etc, it's really kind of lovely :unsmith:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean that was the unspoken part of my comment :v:

Also the level of effort in the runway on the part of the contestants goddamn

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphra Bane posted:

And Panpan shrieking praise at contestents will never get old.
Unspoilering this bit because it's not a spoiler and also I 100% agree :3: I love the yelling and interjections at the runway.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I saw Rent in a small theater in San Francisco and and it was basically the most perfect theater experience, so I made the choice not to watch the TV version, and after seeing Twitter I am kind of glad of that.

Pangina just tweeted that she's going to be at Drag Con and I have to admit after seeing their lineup, it'd probably be a pretty fun experience. If I wasn't already traveling for various weddings and dwarf stuff I would be real tempted.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're a treasure, Trig Discipline

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my thoughts and opinions after watching drag race post wake-and-bake as usual:

Beginning of episode: "RuPaul's best friend race!" :kimchi:

End of epiode: "WHAT. BURN IT TO THE GROUND." :black101:

Genuinely kind of bummed to see Manila leave because he's always been a favorite of mine with regard to his looks and skill, and I think he didn't deserve it based on past record, but in terms of runway outfit being interesting he deserved to be in the bottom (but didn't deserve to be the one going home from the bottom). It definitely made for :eyepop: TV and was a good interesting strategic move on Naomi's part.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 2, 2019

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Drag Race Thailand S2: "My heart just... poo poo."

Art's pink boots in the workroom are goddamn everything.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
S7 was a drag (HA) for me. I hadn't watched any of the other seasons live so I watched them in order not too long before S7 came out, and going right from 6 to 7 was... oof.

Oof.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All Stars have been meh and are continuing to be meh. They're made better by really good performers but the show itself is so blah to me compared with just regular ol' seasons. I'm far, far more interested in S11 than I was (or am) in AS4.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah give me 10 hungry bitches who haven't been on TV and are showing us what they got fresh

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God almighty, please

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meh.

That episode was meh.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watched this again, I really love Vanjie :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1yWooQIVD8

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I forgot what a bop Raja's song Zubi Zubi Zubi is, been grooving to it at work today.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's weird going into this and being really kind of "meh" about who wins. I feel like I'm watching it right now more so I can check twitter without being annoyed at being spoiled.

That being said, and totally unrelated to AS4, I kind of like Soju :3: The personality and vibe do it for me and I like the bright colors. The lipstick definitely needs some work.

Edit: lol what the gently caress was that ending

Tendai fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 16, 2019

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Detox has it loving right

https://twitter.com/TheOnlyDetox/status/1096603105062514688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was how I felt. If it had been two queens who both deserved it I would have been less annoyed, but Monet was just... Not.