Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm traveling to Chicago tomorrow, and I'm going to watch this at Sidetrack I think.

Roscoe's is amazing for viewing parties, too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Whalley posted:

Dela would have been a great choice for an All Stars if other people in the season were on her level TBH. She can be a loving mess sometimes but every challenge with her was either "she wins instantly" or "she didn't want to try."

How many drag performers are on Dela's level at thinking on her feet, wit, aesthetics, acting, dancing, singing, being charismatic? In the USA? In the world? She's absolutely top notch at everything they measure on rpdr except for sewing, and I'm not sure who else is at that level who hasn't already won, so it feels weird to say "just find people on her level!"

I can't wait for the show, I'm attending a viewing with Ross Matthews, Ongina, and Detox and then going to drag shows until midnight :) Happy drag race season!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

detox told a cute anecdote about her nephew :allears:

one day he told his mom "I'm ashamed of uncle Matthew!" and his mom was like, "no... bullies at kindergarten have given him homophobia... honey why"
"well no.... I'm disappointed..."
"baby being gay is alright and your uncle is really good at his job and -"
"no he is cool but he should have eliminated alaska then he would have won one hundred thousand dollars :mad:"

viewing parties with rugirls are a perennial delight! and Ross Matthews is so good at quickly establishing rapport with people and you can tell he makes an effort to only say kind and honest things. he held my hand briefly as I asked a question and now I would lay down my life to protect him.

everyone in the room thought latrice would win! Ross said that trinity's display was quite impressive in person and that it didn't come across as well on TV. :shrug: I don't care too much about that!

I love Monique Heart more in All Stars than I thought possible. she's not just being sparkly- sweet, but she's not cruel either... I am so happy to see her performing and being vibrant on TV!

Gia's hair in her confessional is shiny and beautiful :) And she is a fun TV show villain!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Propaganda Machine posted:

Manila shot for safe and nailed it right in the heart.

(I love Manila so much)

her performance was a light confection that was a statement of her performance ethos - silly, makes you go "hmm? OH!", kitschy, but beautiful and glamorous, classical but campy.

even though it wasn't jaw dropping, it was a perfect encapsulation of what she stands for, and it was a smart choice of act. love it, love her.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Today is Dida Ritz's birthday! Revisit her performances - she performed at Vixen's Black Girl Magic last night and she brought the house DOWN. So underrated! Her lip syncing is top notch, and her makeup and costuming have only improved since her season 6(!) years ago :swoon:

This Will Be - iconic show performance
https://youtu.be/Ks4WfzSt7_k

Chun-Li - at Drag Matinee Chicago this May
https://youtu.be/6K5_PTU4XU0

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Nihonniboku posted:

I do think that this is a great way to feature someone like Stacy Layne Matthews who is extremely likable but probably would not do well on an All Stars season.

What other queens could fill the same type of role in future seasons?

Tammie Brown! :)

I enjoy Gia's villain turn!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Nihonniboku posted:

A challenge where the queens have to find their inner weird!

turn?

haha true, every time she's on the show she's been taking a villain turn, but you know what I mean!

I love the drama in this episode :allears:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

jit bull transpile posted:

So is valentina gonna come out as trans? The nipple blurring was really bizarre otherwise.

her nipples appeared too female presenting

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Is yuhua Japanese American? I just assumed bc her drag surname reminds me of Yamasaki whisky but pulling any personal info searching for drag names is pretty fruitless

Yuhua is Chinese. Her drag name is a reference to Japanese popstar Ayumi Hamasaki. :) Yuhua's rpdr wiki page says that she was born in Guangzhou and her given first name is Yuhua!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Not to be weird or a rugirl chaser, but Tammie Brown called me Zweet and I want to get it tattooed onto my soul.
Someone in one of the other threads said she's genuinely chill and they were right. :3:

idk I just want everyone to recognize that everyone who's been on the show is a top tier performer/charismatic, and when we compare them, we should do so with the knowledge that we're looking at people with a lot of passion and an absurdly high level of skill: professional entertainers and people-charmers.

Support them and support your local queens!! with money or with big smiles and a real compliment at the end of the night!

Be Zweet!! ☺️💖 Happy New year!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Monique knows how to be a horror movie survivor and I love and respect her.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

CaptainScraps posted:

Drt sub for episode one is up on Kudalakorn's Twitter.

There's a lot more English than last season and Ru needs to fire Ross Matthews and hire PanPan.

ROSS IS A GIFT we can fire Carson, I like him too but he's not a GIFT

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Nihonniboku posted:

That would indicate that Jasmine has some sort of charm, so, no.

Why the negativity? :( She is a fun and pleasant person by all accounts, even if you don't enjoy her on TV.

I like this show and I love drag :allears:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

the escape goat posted:

I've never heard of her being fun or pleasant, and if you only know her from the show then she's downright awful.

She peaked with her "Panties, bitch!" moment.

oh, jeez, I've heard people who work with her say that she's nice - local queens and queens on podcasts and people on the business side of drag (merch/management/party planners)

tbh the main person I've heard of as unpleasant is Magnolia Crawford, and she quit drag, so! idk! vixen is an internet mess who is well liked locally, too, so my feedback may very well be tainted!

but you're right, Jasmine didn't look like a particularly loving person on the show.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Valentina is nonbinary.

https://twitter.com/outmagazine/status/1084797239795412997?s=21

https://www.out.com/entertainment/2019/1/14/valentina-identifies-non-binary-im-my-own-gender

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I liked Silky a lot before the stream - she's a Chicago girl and I've seen her once or twice - but after mtq I'm absolutely enthusiastic about her.

I Stan. :swoon:

Also, how bad is Adam at interviewing? jeez! they were only good when people tore control away from him!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

ICHIBAHN posted:

Is there anywhere I can watch the reveal? What was it even called?

The full 2 hour stream is here:
https://youtu.be/G58z_1bRLyA

The 2 minute promo is here:
https://youtu.be/uyiDn9YXe3g

The 6 minute runway walk intro is here:
https://youtu.be/2yeUQwo1N2M

You can probably watch specific interviews on YouTube if you search for queens' names and "season 11".

The most popular interviews seem to be the ones with Silky, Vanessa (Vanjie), Honey, and maybe Nina West or Yvie? Anyone else have any recs?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

ICHIBAHN posted:

Alexis Michelle produced S9? What?

In the Sitcom Challenge on S9, Alexis Michelle told the judges that she had more of a "producer role" on her team.
The fandom made jokes about it to the point that Alexis adopted it for herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Has there been an open bisexual queen on RPDR? I honestly can't recall, and I've been watching since Season 6 (and totally ignored watching Season 7)

There's a page on the rpdr fan wiki that claims a few queens are bi. I seem to recall Jasmine Masters' name coming up often when mentioning bi queens (see here, nsfw: https://youtu.be/w5dtTOf8bEU )

ETA:
One of my girl friends matched with a rpdr queen on OkCupid a few years ago, and her profile listed her as bi, but I don't know her personally and I don't know if she's out, so :shrug:

No one who was open about it on the show itself, though!

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 12, 2019