Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

A God drat Ghost posted:

Any guesses on Snatch Game characters?

Everyone's doing RuPaul and it'll be the most horrible thing you ever saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

all these queens

i am dying

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

IT'S THE BEST

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

They called Jasmine "our golden girl" she gon be Bea Arthur for AS4 snatch game calling it now

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

zelah posted:

This is really bad y’all. We ain’t turned it off yet but this is really dumb.

Yeah it is what's your loving point :argh:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

G A G G E D

we finally got a ru lipsync aaa

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Mayhem’s runway look was loving amazing, like a goddess of the winter solstice or something

Mayhem is the only one who showed up to loving win

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

Gunt swiffer lazy dead eye catwalk trash talk queen is jolly now?

Okay.

GUNT SWIFFER

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

curiousTerminal posted:

So him saying he's fine with gay people but he'd be pissed if his son was gay just tells me that he's not fine with gay people, he just thinks he is because he doesn't have to think about it.
It's loving performative wokeness and he deserves to be loving dragged for it, I don't care who the gently caress you are if you're in a public eye and you espouse poo poo like this you're normalizing hatred.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I miss when I could watch this on Wednesday nights because it's Wednesday night and I'm not watching this :argh:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm so here for more queens to be on Bon Appetit, but

caligulamprey posted:

Gonna need a Drag Race crossover episode with Nailed It! stat.
holy gently caress holy gently caress

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

I'm more excited for this season than I have been for anything since AS2 tbh
T B H yeah

there's just a lot of queens who I know can turn a goddamn look this All Stars and who have a lot of personality; counter that to AS3, where we all went in going "Oh, that's pleasant, that person's here again."

I feel like AS3 was mostly put together to cash in on the Trixie hype train, but this feels more like they just want to do another good-rear end season of talented queens kicking rear end.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

warez posted:

I think someone said it earlier in the thread but a lot of AS3 felt like queens who were regarded by the fanbase as "gone too soon" or who got a raw deal (Milk, Ben, Trixie, Thorgy), but without much consideration for if the group would mix well/make for good TV (Trixie/Ben/Kennedy in particular can come across pretty flat/dry). This cast seems much more entertaining.
Dela would have been a great choice for an All Stars if other people in the season were on her level TBH. She can be a loving mess sometimes but every challenge with her was either "she wins instantly" or "she didn't want to try."

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Trinity is going to be top three imo

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Noise Machine posted:

Latrice's fuckin read on Valentina

:captainpop:

Honestly same.

I'm surprised how good Naomi was at reading too

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

oh gently caress that hurt, she did not land well

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

MANILLA. WHAT A GAG OF A PAINTING.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Jasmine is the new Trixie; the internet told her too much that this is Good and she listened too hard to the echo chamber

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

But weren't people always laughing AT Jasmine? While she was going for laughs, I never felt like what she was trying to go for is what people were connecting with.
She's legit funny. Her poo poo is funny, she's a great comedic storyteller, but she leaned into what other people had already said was good rather than just being her authentic self.

Like yes, there's a element of hosed up racist dickheads who say "ha ha look at the black thinking they can joke" but the majority of us legit think she's hilarious.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

Not great, we've seen this burlesque thing done before, and better. But she wasn't bad until that fall.
I mean yeah, we had a season with Violet, that's like criticizing someone for not doing insult connect to Bianca's level.

The edit kind of told a different story to what everyone saw, like, the edit made Farrah look like she finished fine but everyone's acting like she had a tantrum on stage or just lay there crying for 20 minutes. Which, yeah, it's Farrah, it's possible tbh

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

WIG IN THE RAFTERS

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Different people mature and grow at different rates, who cares if other winners were younger

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’m a bad person bc im looking forward to this moment way too much, she’s the most wasted so far

It's honestly one of the best lipsyncs of the show too

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Always root for Moldova. :colbert:

Yeah patriotism makes me excited for Courtney but Moldova are the best at Eurovision :colbert:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm so happy Farrah started feeling her oats for this episode, her vocal part was so much better than I expected

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Gia please leave asap thanks

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Of those bottom two, I feel like the right person got selected, but dammit if I don't wish it was Gia

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

warez posted:

I fully expected Gia to be in the bottom and Monet to win that lipsync.
Monet X spoilertextpadding had a way stronger end after the song kicked in, but the other person opened strong and carried that strength all the way through. You can't just stand around for the first minute loosely touching your hips and expect to win, even if you do eventually tear it up.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Valentina walking into the workroom each day narrating her outfits :perfect:

Best bit was Gia standing behind awkwardly like "okay i will get my center stage moment next" then nothing

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

The blurs are always inconsistent on this show. Like they'll blur breast plates if currently being used in drag but won't if it's sitting on a table. But then sometimes they don't blur it when it's being worn. :shrug:
My favorite blur was the two whole seasons of Ru's ratty-rear end poorly done hairline

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Jr. posted:

I also forgot to mention that Trinity's tweety-bird jacket thing needs to be in my life
Trinity putting on a yellow bird jacket to lipsync against Manilla was a power move but like they say, if you come at the king you best not miss.

Like I remember thinking in her season "oh man Trinity's a lowkey assassin" but up against Manilla she just looked flat.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

garthoneeye posted:

So, best lipsync assassin of each season?

S1: Akashia?, Bebe?
S2: Jujubee
S3: Alexis
S4: I think Dida had the single strongest lipsync, but Latrice beats her overall
S5: Alyssa beats out Coco for me
S6: Darienne, maybe the 2nd best all-time
S7: Kennedy
S8: ChiChi
S9: Peppermint, best all-time
S10: Kameron has the best record but the only one I thought was phenomenal was the first against Eureka, likewise Monet had a great first lipsync but a mediocre second one, Vixen maybe?, Asia?, Aquaria? really not sure on this one
Agreed with pretty much all; seasons 3, 6, and 10 are the only ones I'd say are contentious because they all had so many phenomenal lipsyncers. Like, 3 had Alexis, sure, but also Manilla and Delta loving killed it. Darienne was amazing in 6, but Adore killed it in every lipsync and Dela is a terrifying contestant, and that's not even getting into Trinity K motherfuckin' Bonet. Then 10, jesus christ. Kameron, Vixen, Asia, and Aquaria were all outstanding.

Hilariously, even though Kennedy was the 'assassin' of season 7, Pearl of all people won the most lipsyncs

Also Juju is probably second best of all time. She could beat Latrice at soul, she could beat Dela at camp, she literally never lost a lipsync.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

Ongina for S1 and Juju for best all time imo.
Juju vs Peppermint needs to happen already so we can settle the debate.

Like gently caress a regular season, just give me Ru Paul Assassins, with like five queens and nobody leaves and everyone's judged exclusively on lipsyncs

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Holy poo poo Manilla and Naomi killed it

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Latrice ain't got no excuses about doing a bad job this time around. What a disappointment

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Valentina did good. I'm sick of fake fighting being the punchline of poo poo though, it's super lazy.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

There's no way Monique wins this lipsync. She's pretty good, but against Manilla? No way.

That said I don't agree with the bottom two, Latrice sure but I'd honestly put Trinity down there first.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

I would've put Valentina actually. She struggled in the challenge, and while I got what she was going for on the runway, it didn't work.

Val was so loving weird though, and I can't fault her for committing to her bit. I honestly got a lot more out of her than Trinity.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm happy with the outcome, but sad she hosed up enough to be in the bottom in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CaptainScraps posted:

Drag race Thailand returns this week. So excited for more Panpan.

what WHAT WHAAAAAAAT

Holy poo poo holy loving poo poo oh my god