Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Whalley posted:

They called Jasmine "our golden girl" she gon be Bea Arthur for AS4 snatch game calling it now

So about that, I hear Jasmine left before holi-slay production was over but the internet rumormill just directs me to watching her live instagram story. I don't do insta. Can someone shed more light on that? I'm hesitant to google lest I get AS4 spoilers in the mix. I guess she was mad about Shangela running late throughout taping, but was that a body double for most or what? I mean jush did the drat "don't gently caress it up" with the bag on her head ...what was all that?

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

jit bull transpile posted:

I agree with you, but the reason I said fish is transphobic is because it specifically is short for "fishy" as in "that girl looks fishy she might be a man". It's a triple entendre. Truly a casserole of prejudice.

Pretty sure it's more tied to the misogynist trope of vaginas smelling like fish.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I agree with you, but the reason I said fish is transphobic is because it specifically is short for "fishy" as in "that girl looks fishy she might be a man". It's a triple entendre. Truly a casserole of prejudice.

It "specifically" isn't short for that. That's not where it comes from.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I have literally heard people referred to as fishy in that manner at real live drag shows

I mean, I'm not surprised that people are bigots in ignorant and ahistorical ways, but the term's origins are specifically in anatomical misogyny. :shrug: Not gonna derail about it further though, so carry on.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I was hoping for a more mature, self-aware Gia, and she doesn't seem to have shown up thus far. I'm so not a fan of her cut-downs, it just puts a stank on the proceedings. If you're gonna read, at least be clever about it. Fingers crossed for better showings in future episodes. She's polished, but watching her is so joyless.

As for the rest... hard to argue with the bottom two, and pretty universally expected. I am fuckin' proud of Monique Heart; I was expecting a mixed bag and was rooting for her as an underdog, but now I guess I have to recalibrate that. This is such a well-balanced group of performers -- if the next 3-4 eliminations go how I foresee them, I can't imagine being upset by the winner.

My favorite queens have already appeared in other All Stars, but if this episode is any indication, this'll be my favorite All Stars season by far. It's Good poo poo.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

this is not a person who exists

you're probably right. Just gotta fortify myself for next week's talking heads by listening to this on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBCQZNmmCus

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Jr. posted:

We've all got favorites for winner/top 3, but who's gone next? the AS4 Tontine! :getin:

It's got to be Farrah. Yes, the drag is good, but that's about it. Though with a singing challenge there could be some surprising bottoms, and the preview is teasing a Farrah v. Gia thing which ughhhh.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

NnnnNNNnnnoOOOOOOo! Nobody cares about Gia and Farrah's high school drama! :doh: One of them HAS to go next.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

AS4 episode 2 is just a real goddamn good episode of this here show, and I usually hate the girl group challenges. Farrah's backbone grew three sizes in realtime, girls stood up for each other, some people really turned it out in the challenge, and it's capped off by a stunning runway and lipsync. This might be one of my top 5 favorite from all seasons.

I was initially shocked by Monique's placement, but I've got to agree with Eej that the choreo was questionable. Farrah could've done some vampy Posh Spice stuff ... although I doubt Monique told her to bob side to side doing the white girl dance either. I am surprised they didn't feature her 'twerk' somehow, given the lead-in.

I enjoyed Valentina in her season, but that was based 90% on looks delivered. The sheer amount of extra she's being in All Stars is just :discourse:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

Just found it on Youtube entirely by accident. Not sure how long it will stay up.

Less than 20 minutes. They are tamping down on this one HARD (understandably). People are pretty aggressive about reuploading though, so I guess keep searching youtube and dailymotion if you want that content.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

nerd_of_prey posted:

Been listening to racechasers all stars 4 commentary and love it so far! Are there any other good commentary YouTube channels or podcasts I should be watching to get all the all stars goodness?

Oh yes queen.

Miz Cracker's Review with a Jew came out strong on ep 1 with some guest commentary from Naomi and a brief cameo from Latrice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZ6y6yqeW8

Monet has gotten into the gig with her own channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_c3F_a8TJQ

I can miss the Pit Stops on youtube if I'm not watching, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dZLYVAU8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBYZgVmgcM

And Roscoe's has a pretty good record of uploading feeds of queens during pivotal viewing parties (and is now apparently the official VH1-sponsored viewing party??):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqJ2NFRSaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBacAkjBOKA&t=4s

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 23, 2018

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

My upstream bandwidth is utter garbage, but it's still at the Youtube link above.

Oh, my mistake - it's only blocked for US folk.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

Monique seriously wanted everyone to know that her hair was not going loving anywhere she was flippin it everywhere

That sideways hair-toss is pure Tinta Turnter and as soon as she did that I thought, "oh poo poo, Monique might actually win this lipsync."

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Monique did a lipsync where her wig stayed on.
Bless the child.

BUT while watching it I was definitely repeating "keep the hair on keep the hair on keep the hair on keep the hair on"...

Whalley posted:

I'm happy with the outcome, but sad she hosed up enough to be in the bottom in the first place

Pretty much this. Monet didn't deserve to go home tonight. I love Latrice but she's been muted for four episodes. Bring her back for Legends of Drag Season 1 whenever they go on and do that, but she wasn't shining here.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Thank you for encapsulating my thoughts on Ru's runway. I went through the 5 stages of grief, beginning with "WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT?" and ending at, "OK... OK. legs. werq."

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Imgur's discarding the audio for some reason, but what I didn't catch the first time around is that they added inhale/exhale Foley :lol:

That's not foley, that's pure Trinity's mic getting piped in. It's hilarious and I hadn't noticed on first view. Team Trinilla/Mannity.

Some DRT2 episode 2 commentary: I didn't agree at all with the winner (although I do agree with the mini-challenge ruling). Seen it before in room fixtures, and the shape wasn't great. Tormai was the best, but I had also singled out Silver Sonic as one of my favorites. Yeah, it was unfinished, but I liked the mechanics of cracking apart clouds over her head into the rainbow. I'd love to see an evolution of that on like -- Imagine a Lady Bunny-esque wig splitting in two and spilling out over the shoulders. Was surprised Mocha Diva didn't pop her tuck on the acrobatics, and Silver? I guess that's why you don't wear bondage gear on the stage...

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Jr. posted:

Top comment on Youtube is "why does this seem like it was filmed in someone's basement?" and I'm over here like, inquiring minds want to know.

They can design a set but they're still lighting it with fluorescent. Holy madre that ruveal was a hard watch.

spite house posted:

Silky should just win.

Also very this.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

As much fun as it was watching Valentina live her fantasy, Naomi deserved to stay.[/spoiler]

I can't argue with that, but I was surprised (and validated) when even one of the queens on the show said they kept forgetting Naomi was there.

I'm fully that. Naomi is just one of those queens I can respect and gag on but who has no lasting power for me. 'Legs' isn't a compelling hook for me, and I'd love to see her lean more into camp or comedy or something (like the 50s cherry pie look -- loved it).

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

The S11 Ruveal was so bad. It looked like it was shot in someone's uncle's basement. I came out of it liking only two of the queens. Then I saw the MTQ videos and oh boy -- they do have personalities!

Even before the MTQs came out, my brother in Ohio linked me this piece on Nina West. I've heard of her before, but this was an endearing re-intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTjoe_GoJE

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

UGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This was such a cute episode and then it had to go and do THAT.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Normy posted:

Is "goop" just something Monique made up or is it common slang? I've never heard it before this and she's really pushing it.

I've heard Willam and/or Alaska use it on Race Chaser prior to this season's debut, usually as part of "gooped and gagged" or "she was fully gooped."

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

But Monique was saying it before this season too. In her own season I'm pretty sure.

Oh for real? ... I'd be gooped if she originated the term language.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Silky or bust.

Silky brings me so much joy, I'm already invested in her getting a good edit if not going all the way. Even if she's dogshit in every challenge I hope she and Vanjie stay around to past mid-season so we can hear them foghorning at each other across the werk room every week.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Jr. posted:

I'm happy they won and relieved this is all over. I fully think this is the best they could do because Manila was the obvious winner.

This is how I feel. I'm happy with that outcome, things being as they were. I'm clearly in the minority!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

- The last time Ru and Willam spoke was a flurry of "gently caress YOU" exchanged back and forth. You've probably heard that Mathu Anderson was fired after the start of filming season 9 over a salary dispute. When they submitted the show for Emmy consideration, they submitted episode 1 for hair and makeup, but submitted whoever took over after Mathu left the show. So Willam got angry on behalf of Mathu, and called the Emmys to let them know that Mathu was in charge in episode 1. The Emmys looked into it, found out that what Willam said was true, so they dropped the other names, and put Mathu in their place. This resulted in the angry phone call from Ru.

I heard what I assume was some illicit voice from the Race Chaser patreon (which I am not a part of) that indicated that Ru is actually paying for Mathu's medical bills and Willam was more upset that she would foot the bill but not go see the man. Which is awful but certainly a different kind of awful. I doubt I could find the clip again if I tried so, eh. Hearsay at best.

Nihonniboku posted:

The winning queens are contractually obligated to make appearances on the show whenever summoned. World of Wonder has repeatedly forced queens to cancel tour dates to come and make a 30 second appearance on the show.

This has been known for a while and I recall that even a percentage of their own independent social media feeds was beholden to WoW? Willam has been vocal about this in the past and it may have changed, but .. those contracts are harsh.

Nihonniboku posted:

Willam worked as a sex worker as a teenager, and claims to have had over 100 clients during that time. This was disturbing to hear, because he says he would lie about his age, and claim to be 18, when he was actually significantly younger.

He and Katya both talk about their hookin' days on [Willam's episode of Whimsically Volatile](http://whimsicallyvolatile.libsyn.com/episode-11-willam), which is a very fun and disturbing listen.

Nihonniboku posted:

Willam will star with Lady Bunny in the sequel to Wigstock The Movie.

YES. I look forward to it.