Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm appreciating the correct estimations of a few of those All-Stars "finishes."

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Eej posted:

Eureka trying to rebrand herself as the "Jolly Queen" is quite frankly very insulting when she's sharing camera time with Latrice

Gunt swiffer lazy dead eye catwalk trash talk queen is jolly now?

Okay.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That just makes me love Manila even more tbh.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think you brought that up during S10 as well and its a really good point. It definitely made me reconsider her since I usually have a strong knee-jerk reaction to overly melodramatic and combative reality television personalities. In my mind that exchange just really sucks because I agree with her point about Kevin Hart. Homophobia sucks and is bad but as a bit of a comedian myself, I think it's an insult to both theart and the artist to take offensive statements at face value regardless of whether it's merely meant to be funny or reflective of something deeper about the person. Comedy is meant to be the anti-tone police so it's pretty drat bad to me if they want a good comedian, just not an offensive one.

As far as racism goes, well poo poo. It's the Oscars. Who's surprised? I will of course be pissed if they pick a replacement along the lines of Tim Allen.

The Sahara stuff though...that's just ugly. Even if we assume untreated ptsd, do you think Vixen's reaction to that quip was even as defensible as the devil's advocacy? That exchange went from reasonable to :wtc: really, really fast.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Manila shot for safe and nailed it right in the heart.

(I love Manila so much)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I know this is drag race and I know this is me being a bit twee, but I don't even like spoilers about spoilers up in here. I don't know what it is, and maybe I'm being too sensitive but I just don't even want to know that there even are spoilers.

And yes, I stay the gently caress away from Reddit.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't really care if she snapped back at Rolaskatox. That crap was uglier than the Heathers.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I have a strong irrational affinity for Farrah, but this was too soon for her to return. She doesn't have the same confidence as the more successful young queens so I think it's just going to take a few years of work and experience to season her well enough to be very successful in this context.

Also that movie sounds loving awful. I think I've seen Alyssa's face bouncing around my Netflix though; is whatever that is any good?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
bbqyesqueen.jpg

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Trig Discipline posted:

Gia is such an utter shithead, I know some of y'all like the drama but I just want her rear end to go home.

Me, too.

Ubiquitous_ posted:

i'm definitely feeling the opposite about Valentina this season compared to season 9. Her telenovela ridiculousness is so charming and fun to watch.

Also me, too.

There's a difference between making yourself into a character for reality television and whatever the gently caress it is Gia thinks she's up to. She's talented enough but mean-spirited and catty in that really transparent actually-idiotic kind of way.

I can't wait for her to whine at the reunion when she doesn't win Miss Congeniality, though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The only Drag Race event I've ever been to was a drag contest hosted by Raja and Bianca, and I'm honestly not sure how I even remember that Raja was there at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
History channel is unironically the dumbest thing on television.

I kind of want to get my parents into drag race now though, thanks for the inspiration. I think my Mormon dad might love it.