Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Well well well if it isn't the blood money rich guys at the top of the table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXKi40VQUoE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gigi Galli posted:

Well well well if it isn't the blood money rich guys at the top of the table

Utd are 8th M8 :colbert:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Utd are 8th M8 :colbert:

Nah that's blood libel money

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i love rafa benitez and hope he signs a new contract but the sale won't happen and he'll go and i'll cry

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

i love rafa benitez and hope he signs a new contract but the sale won't happen and he'll go and i'll cry

He’s gone either way

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

City will be breathing a sigh of relief that they're unlikely to be relegated after hitting the 40-point mark.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Djimi Traore is alive and eating very well

Apparently he's a manager now. The mind boggles.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

seeing as how i think this is likely going to be the best the table will be for the rest of the season, i say end the season now.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
end the season now and chop off its head

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Slap City with an FFP punishment of 3 penalty points, then end the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Has the Premier League or FA ever done a points deduction for financial things? Happens all the time in Italy, lol.

I know FFP is UEFA, so they can't do anything, but would the PL/FA even consider doing something like that?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Gigi Galli posted:

Has the Premier League or FA ever done a points deduction for financial things? Happens all the time in Italy, lol.

I know FFP is UEFA, so they can't do anything, but would the PL/FA even consider doing something like that?

The 10 point deduction for insolvency has happened a few time. Never for something like FFP

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jose posted:

Lol I remember when you lot hired him I started crying tears of joy when drunkenly explaining to my geordie friend what I think of Rafa and why they are lucky to have him. He told me I was being a bellend but now he's totally in love with the guy. You guys will really start to get it when he's gone.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Think it's only been the clubs that entered administration. I thought West Ham got hit with a deduction for the whole Tevez thing, but it turns out they were cleared.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Since Leeds were relegated from the premier league they have been deducted a total of 25 points for financial matters

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

West Ham got cleared and then had to pay Sheffield United the monetary difference between them staying up and going down in our place lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Lol I remember when you lot hired him I started crying tears of joy when drunkenly explaining to my geordie friend what I think of Rafa and why they are lucky to have him. He told me I was being a bellend but now he's totally in love with the guy. You guys will really start to get it when he's gone.

he stayed with us when we went down we get it

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Gigi Galli posted:

It's also not uncommon to get points additions for financial things in Italy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

brocked posted:

It's also not uncommon to get points additions for financial things in Italy

:discourse:

caluki
Nov 12, 2000
Dumb US fan here. I'm going to be London on March 16th and i'm hoping to get tickets to the Liverpool Fulham match at Craven cottage. Do I have any chance through the general sale or are the £200+ tickets on Stubhub my only option? I'll need 3 tickets, so if buying a Fulham membership would help, that could still be cost effective.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

caluki posted:

Dumb US fan here. I'm going to be London on March 16th and i'm hoping to get tickets to the Liverpool Fulham match at Craven cottage. Do I have any chance through the general sale or are the £200+ tickets on Stubhub my only option? I'll need 3 tickets, so if buying a Fulham membership would help, that could still be cost effective.

Almost no chance through general sale. Also FYI don't buy seats with the Fulham fans if you're going to be supporting Liverpool

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

caluki posted:

Craven Cottage is tiny as well so that's going to limit your chance for tickets even further plus they're playing Liverpool which is always a big draw.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The two options are expensive seats from stubhub with an okay view but amazing atmosphere or box seats with a great view, amazing food, but poo poo atmosphere.

Buy the stubhub tickets and support Fulham.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shockingly Sterling was racially abused during the match with Chelsea.

I quite literally turned the match on as the incident happened and yeah, Chelsea supporters gonna be Chelsea supporters.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it’s alleged but likely seeing how much racism there is

making an issue of it solely based on what sports teams a person likes or dislikes doesn’t seem likely to eradicate it any time soon. hopefully clubs will seriously investigate and go after these people. it’s only just

also, did you post about the incident during the nld shrapnig?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

making an issue of it solely based on what sports teams a person likes or dislikes doesn’t seem likely to eradicate it any time soon. hopefully clubs will seriously investigate and go after these people. it’s only just

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but I put the match on while Sterling was grabbing the ball for a City corner and he had the "someone said something dumb but we're trying to play football" look on his face.

If you're talking about the banana in the NLD I'm not sure anyone who was watching the match live knew anything about it. I first heard about from the Guardian.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

caluki posted:

You'll have a great time if you go Craven cottage is a fun ground

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

hadji murad posted:

There's a video of a gammon clearly shouting something. To me it absolutely seems like he's saying "gently caress off you black oval office", though some have argued he's saying "Manc oval office" which would look similar.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Just had a look at the league table.

I think it moved.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

EvilHawk posted:

There's a video of a gammon clearly shouting something. To me it absolutely seems like he's saying "gently caress off you black oval office", though some have argued he's saying "Manc oval office" which would look similar.

noted manc, raheem sterling

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Chelsea supporters aren't renowned for their knowledge of geography, or knowledge in general.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Manchester, Jamaica

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Do they go by lip reading for these investigations? Are there enough microphones used for television that they could isolate what’s being said there?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I hope they use lip reading because there are many lip reading experts on Twitter they could hire for free.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

OUR RANDOM CHELSEA FAN IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Shockingly Sterling was racially abused during the match with Chelsea.

I quite literally turned the match on as the incident happened and yeah, Chelsea supporters gonna be Chelsea supporters.

Sterling raised a good point regarding that today, that the British media are definitely feeding the frenzy. An example was raised: two young footballers, both playing for the same team, both buying £2 million pound houses for their mums.

For the white player, the headlines were along the lines of "footballer buys house for beloved mum". For the black player it was hand-wringing about irresponsible young footballers wasting money before they've established themselves.

E: it was two City players.

Raheem Sterling posted:

Sterling posted two photos, contrasting different newspaper headlines for similar stories involving black and white teammates at City -- Adarabioyo and Phil Foden -- who bought new houses this year.

The headline referring to Adarabioyo, who is black, focuses on how he spent £2.25 million on a house "despite having never started a Premier League match" while that on Foden says he bought a £2m home "for his mum."

Sterling added: "For example you have two young players starting out their careers, both play for the same team, both have done the right thing. Which is buy a new house for their mothers who have put in a lot of time and love into helping them get where they are, but look how the newspapers get their message across for the young black player and then for the young white player.

"I think this is unacceptable both innocent have not done a thing wrong but just by the way it has been worded. This young black kid is looked at in a bad light. Which helps fuel racism and aggressive behaviour, so for all the news papers that don't understand why people are racist in this day and age all I have to say is have a second thought about fair publicity and give all players an equal chance."

Weedle
May 31, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

Sounds kinda like when people say “no no I was saying I hate diggers” or something

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Football fans are idiots - United fans singing "You scouse bastards" to Liverpool players/Liverpool-born players when their captain was a Scouser being an obvious example.

That being said, it's pretty clear he's saying "black".

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

Football fans are idiots - United fans singing "You scouse bastards" to Liverpool players/Liverpool-born players when their captain was a Scouser being an obvious example.

Singing God save the Queen and It's coming home at Cardiff games when they've not got any Welsh players and half their team is English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Der Shovel posted:

Sterling raised a good point regarding that today, that the British media are definitely feeding the frenzy. An example was raised: two young footballers, both playing for the same team, both buying £2 million pound houses for their mums.

For the white player, the headlines were along the lines of "footballer buys house for beloved mum". For the black player it was hand-wringing about irresponsible young footballers wasting money before they've established themselves.

E: it was two City players.

It's pretty disgusting that this poo poo happens still, there's also this entire twitter thread of lovely headlines about Sterling

https://twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530