Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
He made Herrera cry and it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
That was a sad end to a sad season. And then it was made worse by losing the FA Cup semi-final to Aston Villa in the meekest way possible.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think pogba has the ability and heritage to walk into the palaxe side when zaha is out

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Im sorry but if you think that united will not get seriously bummed, you have brain problems

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
less of the homophobia and mental illness stigmatisation in front of the kids please, this isn't switzerland

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

Im sorry but if you think that united will not get seriously bummed, you have brain problems

I thought they'd get owned last year against Man City and somehow they pulled it out. Also basically all of the posters here have said words to the effect of "Liverpool should and likely will smash United, but it's a derby so anything can happen"

I don't know why I'm replying to the worst poster in TRP

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

T Bowl posted:

1 goal difference and you're pulling the per minute card? Give me a break.

I'm sure he will be fine when he gets back. I stand by him not being in the first choice 11.

Why are you using goals and assists to judge a central midfielder anyway?

Did you watch him? What do you think of the role he did at Liverpool, and how does it differ to his role at Arsenal?

Ox was always right about being a CM, but Wengy and you Arse fans just made fun of him. Shame he got injured but he'll bounce back on Klopptech.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 16, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Like a lot of arsenal players in later years he improved massive when Wenger was no longer coaching him

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

Can you name what you think our first choice 11 is

Because I guarantee you'll be wrong.

Not him.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

drat even the BBC is getting involved in this discussion now. Their combined eleven. It's probably just pity.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Why are you using goals and assists to judge a central midfielder anyway?

Did you watch him? What do you think of the role he did at Liverpool, and how does it differ to his role at Arsenal?

Ox was always right about being a CM, but Wengy and you Arse fans just made fun of him. Shame he got injured but he'll bounce back on Klopptech.

As you can see his passing was less effective too, maybe he had more creative balls? Let's see the stats.

Again, I just think it's a fake narrative. He performed about the same, which is mediocre. Not bad, but not great... he's not great, never will be.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

T Bowl posted:

As you can see his passing was less effective too, maybe he had more creative balls? Let's see the stats.

Again, I just think it's a fake narrative. He performed about the same, which is mediocre. Not bad, but not great... he's not great, never will be.

You're making me defend a Liverpool player and I don't like it. I can only assume you didn't actually watch him play last season. His injury was considered a big loss for England in Russia as well.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

T Bowl posted:

You are wrong.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bundy posted:

You're making me defend a Liverpool player and I don't like it. I can only assume you didn't actually watch him play last season. His injury was considered a big loss for England in Russia as well.

Because England suck rear end.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

t-bowl has an appalling grasp of football

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

RideTheSpiral posted:

t-bowl has an appalling grasp of football

Nah.

I honestly think his UCL screamer is half the reason everyone sucks him off now.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Well, I think we could all see this happening

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

United are closer to relegation than the top of the table. If only Jose'd gotten Alderweireld, they'd be top of the table for sure.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Well well well. Well well well well well.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/1074366083749023744

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lmao I didn't see Fellaini bean that steward

https://twitter.com/samutheg0at/status/1074359801239560192?s=21

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/epic720/status/1074357971944038400

lmao

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

T Bowl posted:

I googled Oxlade DZSiBoT and then I realised that watching him play and noticing how he knitted our midfield and attack together was actually fake news that we are spreading for our...agenda

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Der Shovel posted:

United are closer to relegation than the top of the table. If only Jose'd gotten Alderweireld, they'd be top of the table for sure.

The thought that a top player like Alderweireld might want to go to a dumpster fire like manu where the best he could expect is to be abused by a lovely mananger and thrown under the bus whenever things didn't go right is loving laughable

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I googled Oxlade DZSiBoT and then I realised that watching him play and noticing how he knitted our midfield and attack together was actually fake news that we are spreading for our...agenda

They've been better without him this year no?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

T Bowl posted:

They've been better without him this year no?

The midfield and attack is not better this year.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I think Oxlade-Chamberlain would be playing a lot of minutes this year. Liverpool might have benefitted because there'd be less reliance on the Milner/Henderson/Wijnaldum combination that Klopp had to play for a lot of matches this season. The attack might also have looked better during the earlier parts of the season too since Ox seemed to have gotten into a good rhythm with the rest of the side.

I don't know if he had been scoring lots of goals and assists this season. I also can't whine about Liverpool's current points total and say Ox would have added any points to that. Last season, however, when fit, he offered something more direct than what Liverpool had. Maybe Keita makes Ox a bit less unique, but having Ox might have made Keita's transition a bit smoother. Maybe some of those groups stage CL performances would have been better too.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Blinkz0rz posted:

The thought that a top player like Alderweireld might want to go to a dumpster fire like manu where the best he could expect is to be abused by a lovely mananger and thrown under the bus whenever things didn't go right is loving laughable

Some players just like playing for bigger teams :shrug:

He also would have probably been paid out the rear end to play for Utd

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

The midfield and attack is not better this year.

You mean Salah isn't having the season of his life? Yeah, that's what you mean.

Good game last week though.

They have 3 more goals this season at 17 matches played then last. 14 less conceded (mostly because of VVD and Alisson but still.)

Fake narrative bullshit again.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

T Bowl posted:

You mean Salah isn't having the season of his life? Yeah, that's what you mean.

Good game last week though.

They have 3 more goals this season at 17 matches played then last. 14 less conceded (mostly because of VVD and Alisson but still.)

Fake narrative bullshit again.

You've got a really loving weird hatred for Ox. As someone who watches Liverpool every week we absolutely miss him this season and a lot of the early season issues would have been mitigated if he was starting.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

You've got a really loving weird hatred for Ox. As someone who watches Liverpool every week we absolutely miss him this season and a lot of the early season issues would have been mitigated if he was starting.

I don't hate him really, just keep trying to say what I've been saying.. that he "vastly improved" once he went to Liverpool is a fake narrative. He was playing about the same, but through the middle which he prefers.. at Arsenal there were more people who were suited to playing in the middle with the formation they were using so he got shunted out wide all the time.

None of this matters, I just get sick of hearing how much better he is now all of a sudden. Yes you could use him of course, he's decent, not great.. same as he was at Arsenal. Still was very useful there and that's why they were reluctant to sell.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he was poo poo at arsenal just like all of their players at the end under wenger

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

CyberPingu posted:

Some players just like playing for bigger teams :shrug:

He also would have probably been paid out the rear end to play for Utd

Those are contradictory arguments, does he want to play for a champions league side or make more money?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Thought man u were unlucky today but if they can pick up Wayne roomey in Jan then all bets are off and taff might start posting again

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I’m sure Rooney is just dying to leave a club where he’s a star who everyone loves to go back to England where he can get yelled at by Jose and sit on the bench until he retires.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

I don't hate him really, just keep trying to say what I've been saying.. that he "vastly improved" once he went to Liverpool is a fake narrative. He was playing about the same, but through the middle which he prefers.. at Arsenal there were more people who were suited to playing in the middle with the formation they were using so he got shunted out wide all the time.

None of this matters, I just get sick of hearing how much better he is now all of a sudden. Yes you could use him of course, he's decent, not great.. same as he was at Arsenal. Still was very useful there and that's why they were reluctant to sell.

He was pretty bad the few times he played through the middle at Arsenal.

Jose posted:

he was poo poo at arsenal just like all of their players at the end under wenger

Basically this.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Breath Ray posted:

Thought man u were unlucky today but if they can pick up Wayne roomey in Jan then all bets are off and taff might start posting again

All that's left after the death of United are us plastics

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Do you think taff would still be posting if United weren't poo poo?

If so, I am even more glad they're poo poo.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Ox Chat: Usually when I saw him for Liverpool, he was good at carrying the ball up from midfield and creating chaos with his dribbling, which suited the pressing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

J Hume posted:

Ox Chat: Usually when I saw him for Liverpool, he was good at carrying the ball up from midfield and creating chaos with his dribbling, which suited the pressing game.

He did.

Keita has that ability too but doesn't have the same acceleration as Ox does. I just hope he comes back okay as it was a pretty horrific injury.