Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Christianity is not compatible with a leftist society and must be abolished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Every slave owning white southerner was a Christian. Coincidence?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you arent going to cut out a chud's heart on top of a ziggurat to please the sun and stop global warming then your religion has no place in polite society.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Muscle Wizard posted:

people use all sorts of crap from the bible to justify their lovely actions, but jesus didn't actually say and do that much relative to the size of the book. what he did say was basically, treat people good, share your poo poo, and gently caress the people that would take advantage of others. this is, of course, completely incompatible with capitalism.

Jesus also said that it's good to be victimized and you should not seek to better your situation because the suffering will be rewarded in heaven, that thought-crimes are equal to real crimes, and that divorce is a sin. This is, of course, completely incompatible with leftism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

suck my woke dick posted:

it's almost like a 2000 year old belief system isn't a 100% fit for a modern society

Well, yeah, that's why it needs to be violently purged.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

double negative posted:

not sure if i know what you mean by essential element of faith, but i'm pretty sure it's the latter. the church is still the dominant form of social organization for black people in the south but that speaks more to its historical embeddedness and a continual lack of viable alternatives that don't result in you getting murdered

I wonder how much longer that'll remain true as social media makes it easier to organize not only locally but also nationally or globally.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The sermon on the mount actually sucks rear end.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

double negative posted:

social media provides a means to organize and communicate but it doesn’t substitute as an actual irl social organization or community like the church or the divine nine or something, so it might be a while. it’s really entrenched

I meant supplant churches as a center for political activism, not as an IRL social group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cargo cult posted:

isnt the whole reason jesus message caught on amongst jews is that they badly wanted roman rule swept away. like mayb jesus argued against caring about secular/earthly affairs but he was executed for sedition not blasphemy. isnt that anti imperialist

Destroying an empire for the sole purpose of replacing it with your own isn't anti-imperialist.