Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I paid a dollar for Outer Worlds on Game Pass and it's gotta be one of the best hours-per-dollar value of entertainment I've ever purchased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
for a long time seemed like the joke was that even for a dollar wasn't worth the time, but I'd still give a sequel a try. There were some concepts in the game I liked the idea of but not the execution and I almost kept playing to see out the stories for some of the companions but I quit at the second or third planet. the weird tone of the intro combined with that first planet's theme really put me off from the outset

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

hobbesmaster posted:

People generally thought it was ok. There are a few people that really love it, but while reviews gave it very high reviews the general consensus was pretty much a shrug. “It’s ok” isn’t a very hot take though…

Rereleasing on the new consoles makes sense, but charging for something like this on PC is very rare.

Yeah, "it's OK" is about where I'd put it. It held my attention long enough that it's increasingly obvious flaws didn't stop me from completing it, even if it was slightly out of spite and the DLCs were fine.

It's not a game I've found myself going back to at all though, unlike your Mass Effects, Cyberpunk or Skyrim.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I think the worst aspect of the game are the perks. They are utterly souless and barely change the way you play the game. I never find myself thinking about them when I'm playing the game.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The entire game is soulless. It has no substance.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

pentyne posted:

It was less that and more of the theme of corporate dystopia hellscape-hilarity getting sanded down so aggressively the very first location does a South Park level "both sides" of the striking workers versus the haw shucks corporate boss. It does not improve.

Eh, the store manager not quite being evil incarnate but still looking out for the company over the workers makes sense.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

fuckpot posted:

I think the worst aspect of the game are the perks. They are utterly souless and barely change the way you play the game. I never find myself thinking about them when I'm playing the game.
The ones that focus on the time-bending feel like they could be fun. Otherwise, yeah, I understand why they put automatic perks tied to the skills, but the side effect was to make everything in the perk list really underwhelming.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Oh hay, this thread getting bumped reminds me that I bought this game on release, and never finished it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Gonna be honest, I recognize and understand a lot of the criticism of this game but also I just started a new file on my PS5 and I do still really like it. I think the dialogue is pretty good and it just makes time melt away. I think if Starfield doesn’t put a Series X in my entertainment system the sequel will.

edit: I’m getting to hear all the Dumb Guy answers this time too, good change of pace even though you can still make smart statements more often than not

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 15, 2023