Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

About six months ago I started a new gig at a very large American corporation. Literally one of the largest corporations in the entire country. About five months ago, something joined me there. One day, while walking into the cafeteria, I noticed something sitting on a small cabinet. Could that be...? I asked myself. Surely not... Upon closer inspection, I discovered a truth that would shock me to my core: a VHS copy of the 1997 comedy Gone Fishin', starring Joe Pesci and Danny Glover:

Fig. A

Fig. B

I looked at it, mouth agape. Gone Fishin'? VHS copy? Here? The building I work in is state-of-the-art. Everything is keycard protected. Everything is network linked. Flatscreen monitors are posted in every hallway, giving updates on stocks and local traffic patterns like a dystopian hell. I had been throughout a fair amount of the building's floors and rooms in my occupation, and I had never once seen a VHS player. There was no VHS player in the cafe. But here was this thing.... this... Gone Fishin'.

I walked away, confused. Confounded. But every day when I went back to work, my confusion grew. The tape remained. There, on the cabinet. Sometimes, it was moved slightly, so as to make room for holiday decorations. But though the seasons passed, Gone Fishin' stood, in perpetuity. Frozen in existance.

Today, bravely, I pulled the tape out of its sleeve:

Fig. C

It has not even been viewed, ladies and gentlemen. Or if it has, whatever soul viewed it was indeed kound and rewound. I slipped the tape back into the case, looked over my shoulder. The cafe was empty. But I felt watched all the same. Tested

So. If you have lost your copy of Gone Fishin' - described as "Good Fun" by the Chicago Tribune, rest assured: it has been found.

And it waits.

Fig. D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
It's probably there so that elderly employees will be tempted to take it home in violation of workplace policy. The company can then fire those employees with cause. It's a relatively common year end accounting trick.

There are in fact laughing fish in my favorite movie of all time, Bringing Out The Dead, which Michael Wilmington of the Chicago Tribune described as, "A fiery masterpiece!".

I am not aware of any other films which feature fish laughing.

Sinding Johansson fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 9, 2018

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
BIG LAUGHS

edit: did u watch it? is it good?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

do you work in the building from gremlins 2? maybe a hilarious adventure is abut to start

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sinding Johansson posted:

It's probably there so that elderly employees will be tempted to take it home in violation of workplace policy. The company can then fire those employees with cause. It's a relatively common year end accounting trick.

There are in fact laughing fish in my favorite movie of all time, Bringing Out The Dead, which Michael Wilmington of the Chicago Tribune described as, "A fiery masterpiece!".

I am not aware of any other films which feature fish laughing.

Monty Python's Meaning of Life has fish that look like the weird man-fish from that Dreamcast game.

Also, the snapchat image is fantastic

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Blood Boils posted:

BIG LAUGHS

edit: did u watch it? is it good?

No no no no.

Gotta believe it's like Ark.

Melt your face off.

WITH BIG LAUGHS.

Sinding Johansson posted:

Would you say they're... fishing for sport :smug:

hathfallen
Dec 22, 2003
I am sorry but your office is HAUNTED

quote:

An accident during filming killed Stuntwoman Janet Wilder and injured her husband, Stuntman Scott Wilder, and his father, Stuntman Glenn R. Wilder. A boat was supposed to go over a ramp, fly over a mangrove hedge, land between two other boats, and stop in the water. Instead, the boat slid off the side of the ramp, flipped over, and landed in a crowd of crew and extras.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’ve seen this movie. It’s bad. Pesci plays his character so broadly it almost comes off like he has an intellectual disability and it’s kind of uncomfortable.

You should watch it.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 13, 2018

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Joe (Pesci)

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
J.J. Abrams co-wrote this.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

TychoCelchuuu posted:

J.J. Abrams co-wrote this.

Some people hit their peak early.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

TrixRabbi posted:

Joe (Pesci)

I didn’t even notice this at first and did a real life lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jar Jar Abrams

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you watch it Danny Glover will come out of your TV in seven days but he'll get stuck half way through and mutter, "I'm too old for this poo poo."

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I forgot to take a picture, but as an update I walked into the cafe and saw that the table that GONE FISHIN' normally resides on had been redone with a holiday theme, and a plate of free donuts. For a brief moment I had a panic attack that Gus and Joe (Pesci) were no more, but then I noticed a NFL-team themed bucket hidden towards the back.

The tape, of course, was in the bucket.

The game continues.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Don’t be scared OP. They kick an alligator in the nuts, good poo poo.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think you placed the tape there yourself to create the illusion of Gone Fishin' magically appearing upon the small cabinet in the cafeteria. In fact, I'm not sure anything in the OP even contradicts this theory.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I saw this movie in theaters. I have no recollection of the movie itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Raxivace posted:

I think you placed the tape there yourself to create the illusion of Gone Fishin' magically appearing upon the small cabinet in the cafeteria. In fact, I'm not sure anything in the OP even contradicts this theory.