Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Does the Orvile count? The last episode of season 1 was in December and the first episode of S2 is on December 30th. I probably wont be editing my list on new years eve, based on one episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rarity posted:

I figured it had aired more of S2 this year but technically that does still count :shobon:

We finally know why Fox decided on that premier date!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 8, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Okay here we go:
I'm probably forgetting a ton of great shows, but whatever.

My List:

10 She-Ra and the princesses of Power I didn't watch the original show and frankly that looked like marketing trash. But this new show has a lot of heart and is a fun adventure with likeable characters. It's kinda gay, but that can be a plus.

9 Riverdale This show has always been throwing everything against the wall, to see what sticks. That rhetoric wall is now so gross and sticky, that nothing falls down anymore. It's a weird mess, but it's sure something to look at.

8 Star vs the Forces of Evil I like the realization that institutionalized racism might be more evil than the symptoms.

7 The Orvile There was only one episode this year, but I'm confident in McFarlane here. He has a lot of heart in this little project of his.

6 Ducktales I like pretty much everyone of the the re-imagined characters. There a tons of funny nods at the old series and the countless books I've read. I'd say there is not enough Donald, but that was already a thing in the original show.

5 AP Bio A nihilistic rear end in a top hat who could have come straight from the IASIP-Universe comes into a community where most people are actually decent. Obviously, he tries his best to ruin them, but it doesn't really work out that way. It gets better the longer it runs.

4 The Good Place Still a fun romp through the dangers and concepts of philosophy.

3 Hilda This is a gorgeous animated series with a good sense of morale and characters who really try to do their best. If you have kids, try to watch it with them.

2 Chilling Adventures of Sabrina This is in all senses a great remake. It uses familiar characters and story elements, but re-imagines them in interesting ways. On a technical level, there is some great atmosphere, music and camera work involved. And I enjoy how ferocious Sabrina is. She does not want to give up her integrity. Also there's a lot of blatant Satanism, which is completely central to the plot.

1 Travelers A month ago I stumbled on the thread for season three, mostly because the title sounded interesting. So over this month I watched the first two seasons and enjoyed it quite a lot. Yesterday I started with season 3 and couldn't stop at all until I finished it at 3:30 am. This show, and especially this third season was incredible. It has surpassed Continuum as my favorite time travel show. My score might be a bit inflated because this was really recent, but screw it! This show managed to make the innocent everyday guy who isn't really involved with this time travel business the best character. That's unprecedented.

Honorable Mentions:

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend The show is nearing it's final episodes and is giving the audience the chance to slowly say goodbye to all those characters who are in a better position than at the beginning of the series. I do like that, but it doesn't really hit me emotionally any more.
Brooklyn 99 It's really consistently funny. But nothing stood pout for me.
American Dad Same reason.
It's always sunny in Philadelphia The opposite reason. This show takes the sledgehammer approach. When it hits, it does a lot.
Agents of Shield I still like those characters, but 90% of the show is shot in a bunker now.

Dishonorable Mentions:
Those shows have had a drastic drop to mediocrity.
Steven Universe, Westworld, Legion, American Vandal

Shameful Mentions:
Insatiable It's a terrible awful show where every character is absolute poo poo. But for some reason it's incredibly watchable. Nobody should watch it.

Shows which might be good, but not enough for me to bother watching before writing this:
Black mirror

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 31, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

bowmore posted:

Everything else I saw from 2018 wouldn't make my top 10 (Maniac, the other Marvel series), this list would probably be a lot different if I was caught up on all my shows (Atlanta, Brooklyn 99 & The Americans would be in there for sure).
You might want to find something for the last two places though.

quote:

3. 3. If you want to list less than ten shows then go for that too but I won't count it at all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not getting to Travelers in time after all so my list will stand. Sorry time bros :(

It's alright, some benevolent time traveler will override you to fix your mistake.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
No. Following regulations and keeping deadlines is more important than the quality of the content. I'm not trying to be ironic here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I didn't like season 2.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

gently caress you too then this is your fault!!!!

How so? I watched the whole season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wow. Looks like a lot of goons picked up the good place after last years win.

I'm not really familiar with a lot of those top ten shows, so I might give this "Atlanta" show a try at some point down the line.

Thanks for the effort Rarity it's been a lot of fun!