Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

This is the new Hitman Megathread. For the old Hitman Megathread, click here.

HITMAN FAQ

What's this I hear about a new Hitman?

2016's HITMAN, not to be confused with 2000's Hitman: Codename 47, is a soft reboot-in-pretty-much-just-the-sequel numbering-and-nothing-else of the Hitman Francise, akin to 2016's DOOM. Moving away from the more action-and-setpiece stylings of Hitman: Absolution, HITMAN focuses more on intrigue, disguise and open-ended stealth gameplay. It can best be described as a James Bond Simulator.

Most HITMAN levels are large, sprawling maps, sometimes the size of entire cities, with numerous routes, hundreds of NPCs, and a staggering number of ways to interact with the environment. Do you want to knock out a waiter, steal their disguise, then infiltrate a ritzy party and poison the VIP's food? Or do you want to smuggle a sniper rifle into a briefcase, sneak to the highest vantage point, and shoot your targets from afar? Or do you want to smuggle a fish into that briefcase, dress up as a clown, and run around smacking people in the face with said fish while electrocuting puddles and pushing people off balconies? All of those play styles and more are not only viable, but encouraged, thanks to the game's challenge system that rewards players for going through the levels in as many different ways as possible.

Didn't they try to make it episodic or something?

HITMAN was originally released in Telltale-esque episodic format, with new levels being added one at a time over a period of months. Not everyone liked this format, however, and the game can only be purchased in its complete form now. HITMAN 2, the sequel to HITMAN (not to be confused with Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, the sequel to Hitman: Codename 47) is a full release that includes all of its levels at launch, although additional levels are planned to be added later.

How long does it take to complete HITMAN?

Depends on your definition of "complete".

If you're talking about just completing the main levels for HITMAN and HITMAN 2 once, it'll likely take you under 10 hours. That being said, these levels are dense with content, and what HITMAN lacks for in the number of levels, it makes up for with the sheer number of different ways to tackle the missions--or not even tackle them at all. A lot of the fun in HITMAN is discovering all the different ways you can eliminate your targets, all the different disguises, objects, locations-within-the-locations, all the different developer-made Escalations and player-made Contract mini-missions. You can spend hours poring over a single level, trying to figure out the fastest, most effective, or least conventional way to eliminate the targets, and a lot of the discussion in this thread is based around doing just that.

Should I buy/play HITMAN before buying/playing HITMAN 2?

All of the levels in HITMAN 2016 are available to be played on HITMAN 2 if you purchase the HITMAN legacy pack or have already bought a copy of HITMAN 2016. The only exceptions are a few "Escalations", which function as little mini-missions encouraging gameplay styles that are often counter to the main missions, and a holiday-themed version of an existing level. All or most of these are planned to be imported into HITMAN 2 over time.

If you play HITMAN 2016 levels in HITMAN 2, the unlocks you get from the HITMAN levels can be used in both HITMAN and HITMAN 2 levels, whereas if you play the HITMAN levels on HITMAN 2016, any unlocks will not carry over into HITMAN 2.

Unless you're supremely strapped for cash, its recommended to get the legacy pack or the original HITMAN 2016, and play those levels in HITMAN 2 or the HITMAN 2 demo.

Here is the developer's guide to how to add legacy maps to HITMAN 2.

Doesn't this game have multiplayer?

Sort of?

As previously mentioned, the game has Contracts, user-created challenges to take out specific NPC's on the map (not necessarily the mission targets) in specific ways or under certain conditions.

"True" multiplayer comes in the form of Sniper Assassin and Ghost Mode. With Sniper Assassin, you team up with another player (or go solo) working to eliminate multiple targets on a map using only your sniper rifle. Ghost Mode has you playing a different version of the same level at the same time as another player, and your challenge is to complete the mission before the other player and get a higher score. Neither modes have tremendous amount of replay value right now, and I personally have spent over 200 hours on HITMAN and HITMAN 2 and haven't bothered with either modes yet.

That being said, new content is constantly being added by the developers at IOI, and it's possible that in the future we may see new multiplayer modes or a refined version of the existing multiplayer modes.

I've heard this game is Always-Online. Can I play offline?

Yes, but with significant limitations. You can't unlock anything while playing through the levels, and any progress you make offline is separate from any progress you make online. You effectively play each level online as though you just started the game and haven't obtained anything. If you have flakey internet access, this game might not be for you right now. If your internet access is reliable and high-quality, you shouldn't have many issues, at most niggling interruptions if your connection briefly drops.

Here is BillBear's OP from the first Hitman Megathread

BillBear posted:

What is Hitman?
Hitman is a series of video games (and awful films) based around assassinating targets in large non linear levels in various creative ways, you can be that sloppy dick who just mows everyone down with guns or try being the perfect assassin by making it look like a accident.
It's about to launch it's next title, just named Hitman, next month while the beta will be launching next week.

Previous titles

Hitman Agent 47

Unfortunately, I can't really say much about this game since it's aged like utter shite and plays really horribly. I really wouldn't pick this one up, for any reason.
Steam link

Hitman 2

The second installment in the series and one that hasn't aged like crap, it's the game which really took the series off.
It's still fairly fun to play although it has some pretty awful missions mid way through. It's also lacking compared to the later games, so be warned if you play Blood Money or Contracts beforehand.
Steam link

Hitman: Contacts

Didn't really add anything new but instead looked to improve on the previous game. It's certainly worth playing today and has some of the most memorable levels in the franchise.
It also has one badass soundtrack courtesy of the awesome Jesper Kyd.
Steam link

Before you buy it though, do this:

Hitman: Blood Money

Considered to be the best game in the series by pretty much everyone. While, like contracts, it didn't add gently caress tons of new mechanics, it again continued to improve on the formula of the series, it also allows the player
to buy and upgrade weapons alongside several items to bring in the mission beforehand. It's the game with (currently, until the new game comes) the biggest and most diverse levels with tons of stuff to do in all of them. It's fairly long too. Buy it.
Steam link

Hitman: Absolution

Eh, this one is certainly the black sheep of the series. It pretty much changed the game from the traditional sandbox experience into something closer to say, splinter cell. It's linear as hell and has pretty small levels.
As a stealth game on its own it's fairly decent to be honest, but it's complete poo poo at being Hitman. However, it did introduce contracts mode (selecting NPCs in levels for people to kill in certain ways) which is awesome although completely wasted here.
Steam link

Hitman

The upcoming game everyone's curious about. It's going to be episodic, the first part launching in march. Also contracts mode is back and improved!
Steam link

FAQ

Episodic...? Beta? Intro pack...? What the gently caress is going on? :confused:

Good question! IO Interactive have decided to go episodic with each level, if you pre order the intro pack you'll be getting the prologue mission, which is the beta out this month and the paris fashion show mission, which is out in march.
The intro pack will be rather cheap, around 15$ and is meant to be seen as a taster for what's to come. After this they will release a mission every month until they are done, they claim this is so every level is "worthy" of Hitman.
If you don't want to bother with all this poo poo you can buy the full experience for 60$ and wait until the game's finished, you'll also be getting every episode as it comes out. It's certainly bloody strange doing it this way but we'll see how it ends up.

Okay, that sounds weird as hell, but is the game going to be closer to traditional Hitman or Absolution?

The game is certainly way closer to old school Hitman, it's back to minimal plot and just focuses on you killing some poor dickhead in the biggest levels yet. It's certainly looking to be the most ambitious Hitman in terms of level design and scale.
However the disguise system is closer to Absolution bu-

WHAT! But the disguise system is complete dogshit in that game! Why?

Chill. It's been modified so it's way more reasonable while adding some sense of challenge. How it works now is that disguises will have certain people who can see through them, for example if you dress up as a chef, some other chefs (not all chefs though) may be able
to see through it and realize you're not actually on the team and call you out. Also sometimes the target will be guarded by the head of security, this dude knows all of his guards by memory and will be able to sniff you out if you get too close while dressed as a security guard.

Jesper Kyd?

No Jesper Kyd. :(

Trailers/Gameplay

E3 2015 trailer

15 minutes of gameplay

Welcome to Sapienza trailer

World of Assassination

Beta Trailer

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I'm reserving this spot for thread highlights, from this thread and the prior thread. Feel free to post or message if you think something should be added to this.

THREAD HIGHLIGHTS

HenryEx posted:

*target walks in while changing disguises, bodyguards immediately start shooting, in a panic 47 runs up to 1st bodyguard calling in reinforcements and judo-chops him in the face under full-auto SMG fire from the second one, then comically sprints limps after the fleeing target while the world slowly goes black-and-white, takes a wrong turn, momentarily gets lost, uses instinct to eventually catch up with target as it reaches a big open space with 15 more guards, pulls out circumcision knife and throws it at fleeing target's head with pinpoint accuracy before desperately leaping over a railing to avoid the incoming suppression fire and grenades*

"Impressive work, 47."

quote:

StrixNebulosa posted:

47 will do anything if it means he gets to kill his way up the hierarchy of Illuminati people

Cojawfee posted:

THAT... is Derek, the assistant manager of The Cheesecake Factory. After you take him down, it should be a clear path to Ashley, the night manager.

RBA Starblade posted:

Weird emetics aren't working here for some reason

quote:

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Should be noted that you can't put everything in a briefcase, a lot of large melee items (like axes and things) don't seem to fit, and I really wanted to put dumb things in there like the torch in sgail, but that won't go in either. Guns seem to all be fair game though.

Xanderkish posted:

You also, unfortunately, can not stuff 47 into the case and have security carry him into other parts on the map while remarking on how heavy it is.

Not even if you wear the clown suit.

Sulphagnist posted:

"To Nuclear Warhead Storage, huh?"

SelenicMartian posted:

gently caress, this should be an escalation.

DalaranJ posted:

Looks around confused. “What kind of maniac would park a tiny car indoors?” Picks up car.

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 9, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you should an answer to the question "should i play hitman 1 first or go straight to hitman 2" and probably also link to the dev's guide on how the maps transferring over works

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Super No Vacancy posted:

you should an answer to the question "should i play hitman 1 first or go straight to hitman 2" and probably also link to the dev's guide on how the maps transferring over works

I've got the answer in the FAQ, although maybe I should put it earlier in the post. I don't have a link to the dev guide, though. If you can post it, I'll put it in the OP.

EDIT: VVVV Edited in and added. Thanks, TNV!

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I put together a (hopefully) foolproof guide to getting master SASO on Paris (and will be doing other maps too eventually) for a friend who is not great at the game. Figured I might as well share it here. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTD0-DBCzOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is it easier than the mrfreeze videos?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > THAT ... Is the Hitman Megathread (Now with the signature Mark II look)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

I believe you mean 47's long lost, older brother, who has stronger, deeper feelings, feels deep regret and remorse over his killings, and who is waging a secret war on the real villains this whole time, all while wearing a trenchcoat and monologuing? The more talented, physically weaker equivalent of the protagonist with a darker, grittier look?

Shadow the Hithog

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
So you can’t eat the cheeseburger as an elite guard, but is Robert Block allowed to eat the cheeseburger?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

where the red fern gropes posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > THAT ... Is the Hitman Megathread (Now with the signature Mark II look)

drat, already I've been outclassed. Now to figure out how to update the thread title

EDIT: Oh wait, is that something you need to ask the mods for.

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 9, 2018

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I gotta say, as much fun as puzzling out SASO on each map is, I'm relying heavily on two tactics:

1) dropping guns to separate bodyguards from targets
2) shooting dangling things to fall on targets

The puzzles are almost always getting into position, but once you do, both of those seem universally applicable.

I'd love to see future maps that circumvent this.

(and to be fair, I haven't SASO'd Vermont or Sgail yet)

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Much better title, excellent OP.

Content: What’s the best way to kill Rico Delgado and What’sherface with one statue drop? Is it all down to luck and timing, or can you convince them to simultaneously stand in the middle of the stage for more than a passing moment?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Random fun note about the Kalmer tranquilizer pistol: There's a delay before the person tranquilized drops unconscious that begins almost immediately after they've been hit by the dart. During this time it seems that they cannot notice anything. You can tranquilize two people who are looking right at each other and as long as the second person goes into the "Oh no, I've been struck by a sleep dart, egad!" animation before the first person falls unconscious (which is possible if you reload and fire right away), it doesn't count as either body being found. With a bit of luck and a flash grenade, you can cleanly KO three people without the risk of the weird "I can spot a body while being knocked unconscious" thing that flashes have.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

mary had a little clam posted:

I gotta say, as much fun as puzzling out SASO on each map is, I'm relying heavily on two tactics:

The puzzles are almost always getting into position, but once you do, both of those seem universally applicable.

I remember dropping a cage on one of the sisters in Sgail. Think I syringed the other, which is also overused.

The very first time I played Vermont I accidentally timed the sedative perfectly so everybody in Cassidy's house was knocked out and nobody stumbled across them. Thought that would be perfect for SASO but I've never been able to do it without somebody stumbling upon a body eventually.

There's a real cool kill you can do in Sapienza on de Santis when she's looking for something in her office, and her bodyguard turns away, giving you just enough time to fiber wire her into the nearby body box.

Speaking of which, I did that kill on my Sapienza SASO and I noticed that Caruso's bodyguard, after I killed Caruso, was wandering the map off his usual path looking for him. It blew one of my attempts. Is that a new feature? I don't remember that.

Aug 24, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/a4fxtn/secret_umbrella_exit_in_colombia/

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Edit: ^^^^^ Holy poo poo. Is that real?

EDIT EDIT: Holy poo poo it is real.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Holy poo poo I can't read and didn't notice he had a url to the reddit page already.

mary had a little clam posted:

I didn't use 1) as much, but I surprisingly used the sniper rifle a whole bunch. It's great for causing accidents from a safe distance, effectively removing whole areas of guards you'd otherwise have to navigate.

And, in some rare cases, you can snipe the targets themselves. I sniped Soder's Heart in Hokkaido, sniped Sierra's car in Miami, and, my personal favorite, I sniped Francesca De Santis as she was walking on top of one of the lab modules, raced out of the cave to the cliffside to snipe the chandelier over Silvio Caruso's head, then raced back into the cave and back out of the cave to exfiltrate via speedboat before anyone could discover the body.

There is nothing more satisfying than figuring out how to use a high-powered rifle to "unnoticeably" eliminate targets. Thank god nobody on these maps is an expert in ballistics analysis.

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 9, 2018

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Cojawfee posted:

Is it easier than the mrfreeze videos?
I just went and checked and it's pretty much the same method, mine's just a bit more cautious. I checked his Sapienza guide and mine is probably much safer though.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Rochallor posted:

Speaking of which, I did that kill on my Sapienza SASO and I noticed that Caruso's bodyguard, after I killed Caruso, was wandering the map off his usual path looking for him. It blew one of my attempts. Is that a new feature? I don't remember that.
They did that in season one but not at launch, it was added in a patch at some point.

Aug 24, 2011

copying from old thread

StashAugustine posted:

actually i figured out an insanely easy way to take out knox's bodyguard: when knox is overlooking the floor exhibit his guard will rest on the other side of the door with the elevator shaft under the laptop. if you turn on the faucet it will most likely attract the bodyguard, and there's even a closet right there. notably if you start by the dolphin statues, run up through the bridge area (lockpicking the gate) you'll show up with just enough spare time to get him here. Anyway it feels good to get sniper assassin and SASO on the same mission on master

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Man, guns blazing on Colorado is so goddamn fun. You keep changing costumes after getting caught and the chaos just keeps escalating, guards screaming for reinforcements and to be on the lookout for what you were dressed as five minutes ago as you pick them off one by one. It's like a John Wick simulator.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Postin' in a new thread to say that everything about the fan opportunity in Mumbai is amazing.

e: I really, really like that in the Hitman 2 missions they've made extra sure every opportunity has a moment of Peak Irony to make the kill.

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 9, 2018

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Nice thread title, whoever thought of that must be very clever and handsome...

Was just trying to get to 20 mastery in Whittleton Creek, found the rake and had way too much fun with it, I love this game.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 9, 2018

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Rochallor posted:

They've always done that. Some bodyguards do things differently when their charge disappears or dies. Caruso's will wander the mansion calling for him.

Which is better than some bodyguards will do. A few will actually go on break. :laffo:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Just Chamber posted:

Was just trying to get to 20 mastery in Whittleton Creek
It's capped at 15.

I hope they put a bonus mission there.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

SelenicMartian posted:

It's capped at 15.

I hope they put a bonus mission there.

Huh weird, yea I wonder if that's the reason, I know it's a smallish map but there seems to be enough challenges/ feats to push it to 20 if they wanted

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
THAT... are my drat balls OP.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The Creek would be perfect for a Santa mission. Run around unseen, sneak everyone a present under the tree, but a few naughty boys get a bomb.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Just Chamber posted:

Huh weird, yea I wonder if that's the reason, I know it's a smallish map but there seems to be enough challenges/ feats to push it to 20 if they wanted

... Remember that december surprise they announced? I think the holiday-themed map will be that surprise, and it will be in the whittleton creek map.

double nine fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 9, 2018

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I don't think they'll be adding mastery levels. Unless they're going to somehow mix up level specific unlocks between the main mission and a temporary bonus mission.

Edit: reading back what you said maybe that's not what you're getting at. But still!

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Up to 65 hours in 2, but haven't played anything past Columbia yet. I'm just thinking about moving on now, tried to get Hero of Santa Fortuna, but for some reason I seem to have screwed it up.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Up to 65 hours in 2, but haven't played anything past Columbia yet. I'm just thinking about moving on now, tried to get Hero of Santa Fortuna, but for some reason I seem to have screwed it up.

Did you kill delgado with the submarine?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

Did you kill delgado with the submarine?

No, but I could also not get him to 'finish'. He was standing in front of it wanting more until he eventually becomes hostile, so I tried cranking it up before he stands in front of it(but still mid-demo), then he gets surprised and wonders how it disappeared and angry that we launched it "without him".

HarmB fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

ecavalli posted:

Content: What’s the best way to kill Rico Delgado and What’sherface with one statue drop? Is it all down to luck and timing, or can you convince them to simultaneously stand in the middle of the stage for more than a passing moment?
I did that by placing a remote micro explosive on the statue itself, then placing a coin at the microphone while Rico is doing his speech, that will cause Andrea to notice the coin and pick it up, and detonating your explosive while she's doing so will hit both of them with the statue. Do make sure to place and not throw the coin, throwing the coin will get one of the guards to pick it up instead.

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

No, but I could also not get him to 'finish'. He was standing in front of it wanting more until he eventually becomes hostile, so I tried cranking it up before he stands in front of it(but still mid-demo), then he gets surprised and wonders how it disappeared and angry that we launched it "without him".
For that challenge you basically have to do the submarine last, there's no way out of that situation without either killing or pissing off Rico.

Smart Car fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 9, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The grass mechanic is kinda underused. You don't even get a shark fin disguise to gently caress with people.

I'd love a jungle expansion/sequel mission.
Say, the target would be a big game hunter, and you'd be given a tiny village and a lush jungle patch where he'd go hunting, and the challenges would be to get him killed by pretty much every type on animal in it: from the local celeb tiger to a rodent.
Another challenge would be to befriend every animal, which would unlock smuggling a tiger in the briefcase.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ecavalli posted:

Much better title, excellent OP.

if 47 does not do the drum roll she'll go to berate the band. There is a narrow window where she passes from Rico's right side to his left side. It might take a few reloads to get the timing right, since the explosion doesn't immediately make her stop moving, but with a remote detonation it isn't too difficult.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is there a specific order to get the Schmitt vault open? I just started the map, opened the garage and rang the doorbell 5 times. When I got down to the vault and opened it the safe was still closed. Maybe there's some other feat I have to do first?

Edit: It looks like you have to 1. Open the garage 2. Go inside and open the vault 3. Go back outside and ring the doorbell. This is the only way the safe opened for me :shrug:

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I'm so glad I managed to complete this photo for page 1.

All Sniper SASO Hitman 1 Master run complete

It's something I've always wanted to do with the first hitman but never wanted to even bother with the way the sniper spotted rules worked before the briefcase. I found the briefcase, though, went too far and completely trivializes all of the sniper challenges. I figure, why not do a serious challenge mode run and make the game as difficult as I can for a game I lived and breathed for almost 200 hours in 2017.

Some notes on my run for a game everyone's moved on from:
- All of my runs involved getting the briefcase with the sniper from A -> B and bringing it out of the level with me. It felt cheap to be leaving the briefcase behind and strapping the rifle to my back to climb things so I didn't.
- I'm not a very conservative player and hate waiting around in Hitman which made these runs a little more difficult than they needed to be.
- Like everyone says, gently caress Colorado. I love that map but a run like this requires a stupid amount of precision and perfect timing. Tons of assholes with rubbernecks that will see you instantly if you crossed their path a split second too soon or too late and because of the horizontal nature of the map, you'll be walking past all these guys.
- Showstopper is the least creative Sniper SASO map.
- Bangkok, Hokkaido, Colorado and Showstopper nicely compartmentalize everything so that you can work out the various parts of your run individually before putting it all together.

- Hokkaido was surprisingly simple. Doing it on-sight [Hokkaido is one map that changes very little from pro to master] was a really fun victory lap after the crushing brutality of Colorado.

Time to play Hitman 2!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

- Showstopper is the least creative Sniper SASO map.

Did you know you can use the code 15/target lockdown opportunity to snipe both targets with 1 bullet?

I mean you're not wrong the paris map doesn't lend itself for sniping very well, but there are about 3 sniping opportunities: the fireworks opportunity and the lockdown opportunity, and you can also snipe both targets from the attic. It's not great but imo Marrakesh is more annoying because there's only really one location/rooftop to snipe Zaydan from.

double nine fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Marrakesh was one of the easiest. Start in the school alley and use the amplified conversation to nab him in the bathroom, you're done and out of there in a minute. I think there is far too much finicky bullshit with code 17 to go that route with 1 save. I nabbed them in the usual kitchen and dahlia's bathroom spots. Not relying on sniper opportunities is suggested for your mental health.