Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Doing the Hawke's Bay challenges and I was there was a fast forward button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You think that's bad? try doing the bridal waltz challenge on Himmelstein. Ten minutes of doing loving nothing, with not even any dialogue to keep your interest, for a ridiculously narrow window to kill seven people

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
No thanks!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

There is a limited fast forward in Hawkes in that you can start in the study when they are arriving. But yeah, other than that, bit of waiting!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I do enjoy how Alma asks Orson if he wants to join her for a smoke on the balcony; he asks if she wants a glass of whisky as well and she replies "No, I just brushed my teeth." :haw:

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Re: little heard dialogue, all of the targets have unique gunpoint dialogue as well. Some of them pretty hilariously oscillate from faux-badass to pleading too. Like you point the gun at them and they’ll be all “GO AHEAD BITCH, PULL THE loving TRIGGER”, then if you wait a couple more seconds it’s “no no no, please let me go, we can work something out here, c’mon”, it’s a nice little touch.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Still Dismal posted:

Re: little heard dialogue, all of the targets have unique gunpoint dialogue as well. Some of them pretty hilariously oscillate from faux-badass to pleading too. Like you point the gun at them and they’ll be all “GO AHEAD BITCH, PULL THE loving TRIGGER”, then if you wait a couple more seconds it’s “no no no, please let me go, we can work something out here, c’mon”, it’s a nice little touch.

I'll be honest, I find it hard to deal with Jordan Cross with any method other than via sitting in the chair in his room.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Does anybody have a link for a good and easy master sniper run on Haven Island? The ones I found either don't work due to the bug where you get instantly spotted (MrFreeze) or because the timing has to be absurdly precise (Woopzilla) and I'm an old person, I can't do it like that.
I need something for a lazy person, like maybe tracking them down when they isolate themselves so I can snipe them from close quarters or some other cheesy method.

Edit: And if you're wondering why I'm not ashamed to admit that, it's because I'm just over it at this point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

any suit only silent assassin guide works if you just bring a rifle in a briefcase, choke them out and then shoot their unconscious body

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Lollerich posted:

I need something for a lazy person, like maybe tracking them down when they isolate themselves so I can snipe them from close quarters or some other cheesy method.
I was able to hit all three from the same spot. Villa beach, past the plane. Go hide in the bushes for a few minutes after each shot.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC7lA7WzLk

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Thanks, will try out all the suggestions and watch the video.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
e: nvm

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 1, 2020

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Ah, so that's how you walk with KB+M? On console, I think it's just tilt the stick not as much.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

crazysim posted:

Ah, so that's how you walk with KB+M? On console, I think it's just tilt the stick not as much.
That is never not completely awful lol. Loved to be instantly killed by spikes in Prince of Persia because I tipped the stick a micron beyond the threshold between "walk" and "run" :v:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
These are not games that need to be online at all times.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The Home Alone mission is funny the first time, but if you're going to do risky challenges that require the player to wait at least a good seven minutes and still have a chance to fail after that, you should at least let the player save.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The Home Alone mission is funny the first time, but if you're going to do risky challenges that require the player to wait at least a good seven minutes and still have a chance to fail after that, you should at least let the player save.
They really need to let you save in every mode, except for elusive targets. It's a single player game, who gives a poo poo if people are cheesing achievements or escalations or whatever :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Just wait until you see some of the gimmick escalations. And generally, even with saves, there are some sets of challenges (especially in Sgail) that just take ages to set up and pay off, that often require multiple runs.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Discendo Vox posted:

Just wait until you see some of the gimmick escalations. And generally, even with saves, there are some sets of challenges (especially in Sgail) that just take ages to set up and pay off, that often require multiple runs.

I've thankfully done all of the escalations. I have no desire to do them all perfectly, similar to how I will probably never play the sniper maps again because I don't like them and am not very good at them (which is a bit weird, because I generally like sniping otherwise). The worst ones to me are the ones that I know I can do, but there are these very annoying hindrances!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Wow Hitman 2018 is so much better presented than 2016.

And being able to actually carry your sniper around is a hoot.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Did challenges work slightly differently in 2016? It feels like I can do them in any difficulty in 2, with the exception of the classic ones.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Professional mode made you repeat all the challenges again to unlock mastery.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Pilchenstein posted:

Professional mode made you repeat all the challenges again to unlock mastery.

So how did this work because it sounds poo poo?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hedgehog Pie posted:

So how did this work because it sounds poo poo?
It was poo poo.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah i’m a bit OCD about leaving a game unfinished but i had enough trouble doing 2016 paris on professional i’m not doing all the other levels just for an extremely ugly SMG or rifle.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
2016 levels are also much harder on Professional/Master. They were developed later in the cycle and based on player data that let them target certain areas and approaches and complicate them; Master on the 2018 maps is vastly less of a hassle.

The rules were also different, notably item legality. You couldn't walk around with almost any melee item outside of a soda can, detonators were suspicious, and ICA weapons were still illegal even disguised as a guard. Most of those rule changes did not make it into 2018 Master difficulty.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I like the idea of blending into a crowd and yet when i blew up novikov and tried to hide in the crowd on my way out it didn’t work,bummer.

I haven’t had a chance but if you sneakily syringe a target,say as they’re passing through a crowd and you’re blended you’ll still be seen right?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The blending mechanic is really dodgy sometimes, especially in maps that have significant parts built around it like Mumbai. I expect it can't just be done anywhere, only in areas that have been specifically checked off for it, even if it really seems like you should be able to.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nakar posted:

2016 levels are also much harder on Professional/Master. They were developed later in the cycle and based on player data that let them target certain areas and approaches and complicate them; Master on the 2018 maps is vastly less of a hassle.

The rules were also different, notably item legality. You couldn't walk around with almost any melee item outside of a soda can, detonators were suspicious, and ICA weapons were still illegal even disguised as a guard. Most of those rule changes did not make it into 2018 Master difficulty.

To add to this, Master difficulty levels in 2018 exclusively greatly increase detection rate. I don’t even think they add any enforcers or cameras.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hitman 2 Master levels definitely add enforcers and cameras, and they all add the mechanic where people will hear you running near them and turn around to look.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I wonder if the engine could handle it, but I would kill for a rewind mechanic. Even if it broke all SA and master/pro whatever, just to game things out and test stuff it would be a lifesaver.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Elendil004 posted:

I wonder if the engine could handle it, but I would kill for a rewind mechanic. Even if it broke all SA and master/pro whatever, just to game things out and test stuff it would be a lifesaver.

I was thinking the same thing,maybe limit it to 3 or 5 seconds,make it a toggleable option.

OR

A step by step planning mode,kind of like a recon thing where you leave notes and timers in the real mission "stop here 5 seconds" "wait for this guy to finish his cig" "don't forget to duck here".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The challenge where you have to blow Sister Yulduz's body onto the canopy is some grade A bollocks.

What really took the biscuit was when I managed to get her stuck IN the canopy but not onto it and this was deemed not good enough.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's one that gotta hosed by the update in engines between one and two

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gaius Marius posted:

It's one that gotta hosed by the update in engines between one and two

Yeah, I just read this. On the plus side, I just did it on what I insisted was my last try! I then tried to take a screenshot which almost crashed the game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dabir posted:

Hitman 2 Master levels definitely add enforcers and cameras, and they all add the mechanic where people will hear you running near them and turn around to look.

My bad, it's been awhile- and I only ran 'em a couple times each for the challenges. Making the detection speed increase was a really dumb move. There were so many other better options.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Elendil004 posted:

This would be great, but currently the game can get confused even if you just save and load a few times.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am having trouble getting Boom Goes the Dynamite. I set up the cannon, go get the MOC costume, light the money and standby and she just stands off to the side then walks away. Too far from the cannon to get hit. I tried running down and sabotaging the hydraulics but she walked away too quick. Am I just unluckily hitting some hidden timer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
There's a button prompt to give a speech after you light the money.