Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Has anyone figured out what triggers the heralds meeting in Mendoza? I got confused because I did the pump accident mission and instead of exposing Yates, it triggered the meeting. Probably because it ruins the tour?

e: Ha ha ha, the sniper hit Diana by accident, what the hell?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Now that I'm trying to do more mastery stuff: gently caress Colorado. Such a loving bad, uninteresting map. Easily the worst of the trilogy.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
If you're goofin' around with the Randomizer, it actually makes Carpathian Mountains a fun level again. You just have to start from the Outside location, but you end up amassing a hilarious arsenal of weapons as you go. It's also a little difficult depending on what you get if you, like me, decided to murder every guard on the level. The helmet dudes seem to block headshots, so a few times I actually got pinned down by gunfire or murdered on a train car roof.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

DalaranJ posted:

Has anyone figured out what triggers the heralds meeting in Mendoza? I got confused because I did the pump accident mission and instead of exposing Yates, it triggered the meeting. Probably because it ruins the tour?

e: Ha ha ha, the sniper hit Diana by accident, what the hell?

It's a bit complex; you have to do the winery tour mission story, but instead of dressing up as the fixer or the winery chief you have to dress up as the fixer's bodyguard, then dress up as a winery worker and show off the grapes to to the winery chief. Then he'll conduct the tour for the three of them.

Mendoza in particular seems to be incredibly buggy when it comes to scripting. I was doing this the other day and encountered something I've never seen in Hitman before: Diana and the fixer were walking towards the wine cellar, but if I got too far away from the female target she would stop moving. Like this is the thing Hitman has been doing since 2016 and it just stopped working.

There's also that hilarious bug where you can salvage the sniper mission story by taking a picture of the target as the bullet is hitting her.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

The first kill is his usual axe & breach charge combo but the second is just ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRzaTSs97I

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rochallor posted:

Mendoza in particular seems to be incredibly buggy when it comes to scripting. I was doing this the other day and encountered something I've never seen in Hitman before: Diana and the fixer were walking towards the wine cellar, but if I got too far away from the female target she would stop moving. Like this is the thing Hitman has been doing since 2016 and it just stopped working.

I think the cause of this is:

Both Diana and Vidal have the same bodyguard tethering script as every other target in the game.
Diana also has a script that marks Vidal as her bodyguard but at a lower priority.
Vidal has a script where she checks Diana's range before starting her next script or after ending a script, and paths back to Diana if she's out of range. Then when she gets into range of Diana, she resets her script loop to whatever script she thinks is most appropriate based on triggers and her current location.

So basically whenever you distract any of the bodyguards Vidal's actions seem to go haywire because you will inevitably pull Vidal and Diana a little too far apart.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
There’s also just something weird about the winery tour where it depends on you being nearby. I was going for the gassing challenge and so kicked off the tour without being disguised as any of the tour members. Plan was to set up the ventilation while they went through the first couple rooms but any time I left their room they would just stop the tour and all head back to their non-tour routines. So even though I wasn’t on it I had to stay within earshot of them the whole time.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/lpt7tq/target_down/

lol this is perfect

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Patch notes https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-february-patch-3-11/

Wasn't someone here asking for a different SA indicator if SA is currently lost but can be recovered by deleting evidence? That's in now

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The tactleneck is now unlockable :bisonyes:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

patch has deleted all my progress lol, seems to have happened to a few folk (all on PC/Epic)

edit: fixed basically immediately

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 23, 2021

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

patch has deleted all my progress lol, seems to have happened to a few folk (all on PC/Epic)

I got the same thing, on PC/Epic. Here's hoping it's a bug in the wonderful always-online service, and not that my progress is actually gone.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Epic appears to be having a moment itself right now, hopefully it's just that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:kingsley:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1364206654477246465?s=19

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

I still don't understand why they did this lol, was there some edge case where it made the game seem less James Bond like and therefore had to go? :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1364226495665774603

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Are those escalation track unlocks new or did I just miss them before?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

Laundromat
We’ve resolved an issue where the technologically advanced ‘invisible’ washing machines that we added to Chongqing were causing players to report them as bugged. We’ve reverted them to the ‘normal’ type of washing machines you’d expect to see. We would like to take this time to thank everyone else who understood what we were going for.

Illegal Umbrellas
We’ve resolved another ‘innocent item is illegal on casual difficulty’ issue. This time it was the umbrella.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Still no H2 port over progress eh?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

That was fixed over a week ago.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

that's been functioning for like a week, it's mentioned in the patch notes too

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

I brought over both HM1 and HM2 stuff last week.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
My progress on Epic/PC has already been restored, too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

repiv posted:

No Ghost
We’ve adjusted the weapon protocols in Dubai so that security guards (or anyone disguised as one) are unable to openly carry sniper rifles. They’re now restricted in all disguises and will be enforced accordingly.

Welp.

They don't seem to have removed the bug where Hitman 3 escalations don't tell you the current stage completion requirements on the planning screen.
Surprise! I also had to stab Marcus, and all the remaining knives are on floor 3.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

DalaranJ posted:

Welp.

They don't seem to have removed the bug where Hitman 3 escalations don't tell you the current stage completion requirements on the planning screen.
Surprise! I also had to stab Marcus, and all the remaining knives are on floor 3.

Isn't that one supposed to be a secret objective that you only get once you've dealt with all the "normal" objectives?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Pennfalath posted:

Isn't that one supposed to be a secret objective that you only get once you've dealt with all the "normal" objectives?

Perhaps but I previously had the same problem on both of the other Hitman 3 escalations I did though.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pirate Jet posted:

That was fixed over a week ago.

Oh poo poo I totally missed that in the thread.

do I have to do anything or will it just work?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Elendil004 posted:

Oh poo poo I totally missed that in the thread.

do I have to do anything or will it just work?

follow this
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pc-location-importing-guide/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Great, thanks!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So uh, can Mendoza contracts be played now?

EDIT: The answer appears to be... maybe? I think contracts created after the patch load, but ones created before still do not.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 24, 2021

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Well it took maybe 3 or 4 hours and finding out that you can't kill Soders with thrown weapons, but I finally got Yuki with a shuriken. Sweet, sweet mastery points. All 2000 of them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Am I correct in perceiving that level 2 of the premium escalation on the train is impossible to SA? For no good loving reason?

It's as if they're unlearning all the design choices they made to make 2016 so good...

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They probably just wanted it to be fun, or something? It was more frustrating due to the length before the part you could actually screw up, though.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder if you can poison all the Heralds in Mendoza? Getting enough lethal poison to hand would be the biggest challenge.
Could you make enough by converting emetic poison in the vineyard?
I decided to try this

Yates drinks first and dies, the others eventually wander off

Poisoning everyone except Yates worked better than I expected after I did the same thing on Sgail. Yates has one line about it, then goes on with his usual phone calls

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Captain Cool posted:

Could you make enough by converting emetic poison in the vineyard?
I decided to try this

:golfclap:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Discendo Vox posted:

Am I correct in perceiving that level 2 of the premium escalation on the train is impossible to SA? For no good loving reason?

It's as if they're unlearning all the design choices they made to make 2016 so good...

I find the escalations are a good excuse to let your hair down (or whatever in 47's case) and just go totally ham, I think. A bunch of them don't seem to have SA in mind and that's fine.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Vile Stuff posted:

I find the escalations are a good excuse to let your hair down (or whatever in 47's case) and just go totally ham, I think. A bunch of them don't seem to have SA in mind and that's fine.
Yeah I've never even considered SAing most escalations, I see them as their own very themed set pieces and am happy to play the way that seems intended. Keeps the game varied rather than trying to force them to bend to my "normal" playstyle

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Y'all are trying to talk our resident gaming masochist into "just having fun" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's pretty basic design that you shouldn't have a scoring system with a top mark and make the top mark loving impossible. This was something they went out of their way to accommodate in 2016 and 2 after failing to do so in Blood Money and Absolution.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 24, 2021