Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Since I unlocked the emetic dart gun I don't think I've used anything else as my starting weapon.

It's by far the best diguise getter/bodyguard remover in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

GotLag posted:

Since I unlocked the emetic dart gun I don't think I've used anything else as my starting weapon.

Do you remember how to unlock it? I've been looking for a reason to take another escalation on and really sink my teeth into it, like I did earlier this year for the Marrakesh challenge that gives you the Sieger 300 as a reward

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

timp posted:

Do you remember how to unlock it? I've been looking for a reason to take another escalation on and really sink my teeth into it, like I did earlier this year for the Marrakesh challenge that gives you the Sieger 300 as a reward

I think it's a Haven mastery unlock.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

GotLag posted:

Yeah, I use it on a ton of my runs because it's super convenient.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The dart guns are the best thing they ever added to this game.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
God, that loving bread basket in Bangkok. Why is it so attractive to every puking target? WHY :argh:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Bread is very porous and is good for soaking up puke.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Ripper Swarm posted:

God, that loving bread basket in Bangkok. Why is it so attractive to every puking target? WHY :argh:

I hate that bread basket.
However, for the benefit of new players, there is a solution to the conundrum of the Wrong Vomit Spot: \send a rando to puke in the annoying spot and "occupy" it, then your real target will find the second closest puke spot

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've been playing The Icon and it's really made me wish instinct mode had some kind of trespassing highlight. I really would've expected a lot greater access to the movie set than the movie crew disguise provides.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Tried a series of complicated emetic poisonings on the newest ET but kept getting caught. Finally just said gently caress it, started in the suite, climbed down to the restaurant, threw Napoleon Blownaparte into his path then detonated it after climbing to the ground floor, killing him, his wife and several bodyguards :shrug:

Got the title Can Maker which I've never seen before and I'm not sure what it means!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I got Melon Man on my first run through the Carpathian Mountains train. I went out of my way to kill everyone on the train, kicking a few off the side but shooting most in the head with pistol, shotgun, or SMG.

There's a list of all of them here, but it doesn't have criteria for most of them.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Apparently, drowning in a toilet full of your own vomit counts as an accident.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GotLag posted:

These things happen

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GotLag posted:

The dangers of alcohol mixed with emetic rat poison

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GotLag posted:

I got Melon Man on my first run through the Carpathian Mountains train. I went out of my way to kill everyone on the train, kicking a few off the side but shooting most in the head with pistol, shotgun, or SMG.

There's a list of all of them here, but it doesn't have criteria for most of them.

I think that might just be datamined, I'm not sure you can get half of those (or other ones just always take priority)

e: Weren't you able to start as a hacker in Colorado before? I don't have the option anymore. I don't really play it enough to recall. I just beaned everyone in the house then chucked the guy over the railing and called it a day lol. I brought emetics but he just wouldn't stand up.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 19, 2022

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You definitely could, it was the easiest way through most routes since hacker has access to most everywhere and starts near where all of the targets except Army Woman go

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
They disable specific starts on certain ETs and it's usually a good way to figure out where the target is lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pilchenstein posted:

They disable specific starts on certain ETs and it's usually a good way to figure out where the target is lol

Oh lol I never realized that

I just remembered him from the first time around

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:rip: The Chameleon, died doing what he loved: being confused by a nearby hacker suddenly getting a tummy bug.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mine died with a tummy bug but not of a tummy bug.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You do get a bit of chatter from whoever ends up moving bodies, or in some cases in multi-target maps, but I do wish we could get a bit more dialogue from characters about the method of assassination. One of my favorite bits in Berlin - which is an incredible level - is when you pull off the DJ kill and one of the assassins comments,"Wow, what incredibly bad luck!" and the handler lambasts him for being an idiot and not getting that it was 47. :allears:

Also while I'm casually dictating enormously difficult tasks to programmers having to take into account multiple variables, bring back the newspapers from Blood Money too!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The Hokkaido nurse in the stem cell room will chat with you dressed as a surgeon after you kill Soders.

"Oh my god, what happened?"
"He died."

Also if you drain the stem cells, she will go to the morgue to get more, but after she picks them up she will just stand there forever, and then knocking her out lets you pick up Lethal Stem Cells without ever using any poison.

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 20, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I hate getting into the club in Marrakesh, is there an invite somewhere I can just grab?

Also, who has the tablet in the Mr Giggles ET? I kept hearing someone in there talking vaguely, but I couldn’t work out who it was.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

The_Doctor posted:

I hate getting into the club in Marrakesh, is there an invite somewhere I can just grab?

Pick the lock on the western outside wall of the club, there's a membership card on the table in the staff-only room.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

Also, who has the tablet in the Mr Giggles ET? I kept hearing someone in there talking vaguely, but I couldn’t work out who it was.

The table is held by a woman walking around inside the club who takes a convenient drink during her loop.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

GotLag posted:

Pick the lock on the western outside wall of the club, there's a membership card on the table in the staff-only room.

Every time I do that, everyone around me notices and is all HEY.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

If we’re talking Night Marrakech, there’s also an invite on a table to the left of the main entrance. Wait until the waiter tends to some drinks, vault through over the wall from the street and grab it as you run past.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Green: pick this door, you need to wait until the black dots on the minimap are absent or looking away, sometimes you get unlucky and it takes ages for a break in the traffic

NPCs with cards:
Yellow: guard who patrols along here, it's one of the guards who's having a conversation if you start nearby
Magenta: woman in black pant suit comes out of the club and walks a lap around the building
Blue: woman in a white lace dress comes to the gate here to have a smoke

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Every time I do that, everyone around me notices and is all HEY.

From memory I think there is a radio nearby that will distract people's attention away for a few moments?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I might misremember but, isn’t there an invite just sitting on a table outside the club in night Marrakech ? In the above diagram, follow the beginning of the magenta arrow until you’re at the corner of the club. Vault the window right before the corner, swipe the card, vault back out. The server there has his back turned most of the time, but not all the time.

Also you don’t need an invite for the club to do the Mr Giggles ET. He carries the key to the club back door and there’s a server disguise inside.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

I've been playing The Icon and it's really made me wish instinct mode had some kind of trespassing highlight. I really would've expected a lot greater access to the movie set than the movie crew disguise provides.

I was very confused when I finally got around to playing through patient zero, and revisiting the hotel the loitering area just on top of the stairs but before the art gallery kept counting as trespassing a few steps past the stairs.

"What? Why? Did I forget a step? I thought it was walk in-"
And then I solved(?) it by just rushing past into the art gallery before anyone could react. I'm sure I could have crawled in through a window or something, but strange.

I am not very good at this game. So I am glad that standard professional difficulty life lets me stumble around trying to figure out ways to arrange for RFID coin kills where a simple remote bomb would be a million times better and also frisk proof.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 20, 2022

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Well, the Chameleon is real easy with the emetic dart gun.

So I did it suit only, fun!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Can you accident him in any way that isn't vomit-based?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

GotLag posted:

Back in H2 I tried to cheese it with the shock phone and screwed up so bad it killed someone else after I got the documents, so I proceeded to slowly and carefully knock out the entire upstairs and then chucked his body over the railing for an accident kill :shrug:

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I’ve got better statted rifles now, but unless there is a highly specific need for a characteristic it doesn’t have, I only ever take the Sieger 300 Advanced with me.

It’s the one that plays the Ave Maria while you aim

this is many days ago but holy poo poo I did not know this is a thing. there isn't even anything on the gun that suggests this is true, but sure enough. it's awesome

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GotLag posted:

Yes. Taking out the hackers in his room, and possibly the soldier nearby too, opens him up to going out to the balcony, then you can just push him off.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I also believe, and this is from way back when the ET was released first, that poison kills count too right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I assumed not, because it doesn't count for the ninja escalation on Hokkaido.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lethal poison is silent assassin but it isn't accidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Lethal poison is silent assassin but it isn't accidental.

Oh, I used a lethal syringe and I got the kill and the Silent Assassin both ticked off, I have always assumed lethal syringe deaths are counted as accidents? I didn't think to check since I figured the mission would fail if you didn't do an accident kill, but it made no actual difference to successfully pulling off the ET?