Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Nalesh posted:

I'm still not sure why he kills shah after rangan though, wasn't rangan the client?

Yes. They took out contracts on each other. He wants to use it as a power move to meet the Maelstrom and make a name for himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

I'd forgotten about the micro taser and I didn't know the hunstman could be carried by guards so they might open some stuff up but the golf ball is functionally the same as the exploding baseball, right?

Well you can use it in two scripted kills to start

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

One in Sapienza and one in Dubai.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

ymgve posted:

But in both those cases, the item is pretty easily accessible within the level anyway, so putting it in your loadout is wasteful unless you’re speedrunning certain challenges

(Well, easily available if you know where to look. I think I spent like an hour in Dubai trying to find it...)

I never said it was useful

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Veotax posted:

Nah, I was a fan of the episodic release. As you said, it got me to replay the levels a ton. I know way more about the maps in Hitman 2016 than I do in Hitman 2.

Some would say it was the only effective episodic video game release. I certainly preferred it to 2/3's release style.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

Holy poo poo just totally by chance got the “shoot both targets with one round” kill done in Chonqing. Just followed along and before I knew it :aaaaa:

I bet I could sniper only the mission for sure, but the facility is way too hard to slip into undetected to SASO this way. Unless your tier I/II/III access carries across runs so you can open the vents from the secret ladder entrance?

You don't need to hack the core or whatever on subsequent runs. So you can get sniper and silent assassin suit only from a single opportunity.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Sekenr posted:

What makes this series great is not just you are thrown into puzzle box and figure out a way to solve, but that the devs are very consistent that every target has a story, a context and aspirations that you end

It's insane how much back story they wrote for the targets when you click on them in the planning window.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The trickiest bit, and it's not even that hard, is getting the two guys who hang around on the roof to look at a throwable and head to the exit before they turn around.

Hide behind the air conditioner, corner subdue one. Follow the other up to the billboard and back down to the drone. Take him out. No need to hide the bodies.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I think I'm about to pay IOI and Epic their $20 of blood money to get the Hitman 2 levels in my game. I need that suit that you get for 17 SASO runs damnit, and I don't wanna wait indefinitely long!

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Can I use my chrome ica19 yet?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
If you stick (or shoot) Hush over near where he talks on the screen to Imogene, he will go into the test subject's cell to puke.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

ymgve posted:

The gimmick was also a bit stupid with the enforcer mechanic - any dude with a dot over their head had a 9/10 chance of being a target

If you don't notice this, it takes you forever. I know because I'm a moron. It's obviously a breadcrumb for the "story mission" that is disregarded the moment you start opening the level up with alternate starts.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Man Kotaku coming out real wrong here. That Hokkaido position on the list, oof.

https://thebests.kotaku.com/lets-rank-the-hitman-trilogy-levels-from-worst-to-best-1846368844

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Swap Hokkaido and "Whittlehorn" and it's so much better.

Bangkok is still too high. Haven Island better than Paris? Argentina better than Mumbai?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Matinee posted:

I’ve always been more than happy to shovel money in the direction of IOI, but I might need to see how this one plays out tbh.

Same, happy to do it once for the deluxe pack, but feeling a little burned to do it twice.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Sharkitten posted:

couple that with me being late to the trilogy to begin with meaning I have already permanently missed a billion others and it's like, why even bother

So far it seems like they're just going to repeat all those targets anyway.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Someone explain to me why you should be unable to save on escalations. It feels like a pointless restriction to me.

Getting these 60 coins is infuriating when the last target either drops 7 instead of 8 coins (maybe because I'm knocking them both out first?) or the last coin gets irretrievably stuck underneath an air conditioner.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

The Question IRL posted:

It took me ages to figure out how to get all coins as I'd sometimes get ones stuck under consoles/helicopters.

Two pieces of advice

1) If a coin gets stuck you can shoot it and that will sometimes make it move towards you.

2) I found I was more likely to get coins nearer me and less stuck under item if I used the claw hammer to knock out targets over other melee weapons.
Weird I know, but that was my experience.

99% sure that it was actually a bug and the 8th coin wasn't dropping because I had the last two targets KO'd at the same time. A couple times I never did see where the 8th coin would have gone, but gently caress attempting that last level again, especially when the achievement gives nothing and I already have maxed mastery.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I kinda like what they're doing mechanically with the Pride escalation, and I'm excited to see what it matures into by the time they release the last escalation of the pack.

It's a stronger argument than ever in favor of being able to save in escalations, though. If I get spotted one more time WHILE I'm injecting a target, I'm grabbing that sniper rifle and turning the bird into a thanksgiving turkey.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Mantis42 posted:

Target: You're here. Hmm, you look... different from your Grindr profile.
47: [Deadpan] Appearances can be deceiving. Are you ready to begin?
Target: Oh, straight to it then. Tell me how you like it.
47: There are several good approaches for handling someone. Getting a man alone in his bedroom or a similarly private location is the usual first step. I like to come from behind, where they can't anticipate it. While there are plenty of devices that can help to finish a man off, absent these I am quite proficient with my hands. In my experience, most men do not last more than a minute.

Does David Bateson have a Cameo? Just asking.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

LostRook posted:

So how are people drowning when hit by them?

Do they just smell so delicious that people reflexively inhale until their lungs are full of water?

No one in the Hitman universe (except 47) can exert control over their autonomic nervous system. This is canon, and the reason why 47 is the best at loving.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Lollerich posted:

I'm fed up with contracts for now. What a slog 30 loving featured for a loving briefcase.

Did you actually play them correctly? You're supposed to find the fastest, sloppiest way to blatantly shoot the targets in the head and get out.

After you've got the briefcase, then you can enjoy them as they are meant to be played.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you can just use an assault rifle if you really want to pump out a bunch of bullets. (no one uses these outside of gimmick rampage videos)

They're fun to build contracts around though, getting creative with where you pull the trigger to avoid detection. Shotgun contracts might be my fave.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Jack Trades posted:

So I just unlocked the emetic pistol. Is it as overpowered as it seems to be?

Not if you can't aim the dart weapons for poo poo like me.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

champagne posting posted:

Certainly helped me on basically every escalation requires an accident

Seiker and toilet, name a more iconic duo

Little bit of a side question. Aside from Silvio's upset stomach (which I assume is scripted, though I haven't tested emetic-ing him in that general area), are there places where NPCs will be drawn to a cliff or ledge to vomit? Maybe in Berlin?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

There are loads of these, just used one in the new Dartmoor featured contract to make a guy vomit at the edge of a pond. Definitely a few along the rivers in Whittleton Creek and Santa Fortuna. I think some of the cliffs in Sgail but not entirely sure. In Haven Island you can make some people wade out to the edge of the deep ocean. Probably more I forgot about.

Oh wow. I've only ever used toilets or been disappointed by trash bins, so glad this is part of the default behavior and not just a script! I'll have to play around a bit more.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Fill Baptismal posted:

Have they announced any plans for reimagined maps like house of sand, the icon, etc. for three yet? I have to imagine that they are, right? Berlin in particular has a massive section that’s barely used at all near the gas station.

As far as I’m aware the only revamped map so far is the garden show.

Sorry bud.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

The Question IRL posted:

I had to do this a number of times, as I tried Mr. Freeze's SA strategy for this ET and everytime I got to the kitchen to subdue the maid, the Target walked out while I was dragging the body.

You're not getting there fast enough. Freeze does this all the time with his methods and it's obnoxious, incredibly time sensitive poo poo.

vvv lol didn't realize this

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 10, 2021

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

His guides are shite and he's also apparently a sex pest towards his underage fans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/mpn44p/moderator_statement_on_the_mrfreeze2244_situation/

Welp definitely avoiding his poo poo like the plague now!

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

One thing I noticed recently is the guy in the room with you when you start as an soldier in Marrakesh is no longer an enforcer.

Starts where you are in a blend spot with an enforcer in the room/looking at you are stupid anyway and only serve to waste your time.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I've been playing around with the Nvidia screenshot tool, and it's a half decent camera mode despite depth of field not working properly (47 is never in focus, near as I can tell).

I think this might give me a 3rd wind in enjoying this game.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

Along those lines its extremely hosed up that vampire magician never became an unlock the way blue flamingo did

Give them time, it'll be for some ungodly number of featured contracts completed on H3 maps :getin:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
The IDEA of elusive targets is great (rotating cast of shitheads to off in hopefully fun ways and keep you engaged and interacting with the game over a longer period of time) but there's just too many negatives. I'm forcing myself to hold off and not spoil myself on unannounced ones, but eventually I'll just set up that peacock server thing so I can do them whenever I like.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay so I've been doing random featured contracts to get the bird suit back but one puzzled me: it's a Berlin contract with five targets hanging around the surface area bar where they want you to do all unarmed kills but no pacifications. I assumed this meant like, pushing them into the river or drowning them or something but no.

It doesn't really matter because they were all optional complications so I just went around dunking them in toilets anyway, but it made me curious about what was even intended to be the correct way of accomplishing that.

Also only H1 and H2 location contracts will help you get bird suit. H3 maps have a different set of challenges.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Red Oktober posted:

I'm trying to take this one out from the watertower start. There's a clear line of sight to his getaway car, so I think if I can put the first shot into the car in such a way that it both panics him and makes the guards spread out, I should be able to blow it with the second shot in a way that he's the only one in the blast.

I got frustrated and did it boring-like. Hacker start, run down and slap a micro remote explosive on the suv he walks past at the start, trigger when only he is in the blast. Back upstairs to lock pick the safe and away into the night.

Would love to see if this is possible! Guess I should finally try out peacock.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Picayune posted:

Oh, man, they did some fun stuff (and also some hard stuff) with Patient Zero. I ended up liking that plotline quite a bit - the sniper level was unique and actually pretty funny - but the final level required a lot from the player, no matter how you handled it.

I pulled it off eventually, but jeeeeez.

Idk if it's cool to admit this or not

I enjoy hitman a lot, and I've SA'd every single elusive target so far in H3 figuring my own poo poo out....but I never beat Patient Zero Hokkaido or the Lust escalation. My brain just shuts down and doesn't understand what they're asking me to do.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
wow the new suit is the ugliest loving thing I've seen.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

KillHour posted:

A Hitman target would 100% be on a private plane.

There was one in this trilogy.

You just weren't the Hitman.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

fast cars loose anus posted:

I borked up SA on the Collector before I knew I could just alt-f4 so glad he's coming back

When they have repeated them before, you only got to attempt if you haven't already succeeded/failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I've kinda fallen off as the drip feed of content has fallen off slightly, but Hitman 3 getting VR is the one thing that might tip me into buying a VR rig. It's crazy how good this game is.

I still need to try peacock out, I keep getting weirded out that they'll find out I'm modding somehow and take away all my progress. :tinfoil: