Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

elusive targets remain awful

perhaps it's my fault that despite spending two hours strategizing and casing out the scenario, I failed because I am not paying 100% attention due to how late in the night it has gotten, but failing in your game should make me want to keep trying, not uninstall it

couple that with me being late to the trilogy to begin with meaning I have already permanently missed a billion others and it's like, why even bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

that being said, I am looking forward to the seven deadly sins packs :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hitman 3 has much better levels, though, I think The Club is a low point

The Club aint a very fun level at all

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The train mission would be fine if it was half as long and they tried to make it at least a little more boxy than the straight line we got

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Faux Mulder posted:

It's a shame that the Bangkok is the closest we got to a (second) remake of Traditions Of The Trade, the best OT level.

it's close but beldingford manor is better

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Maybe I'm just a sucker but having to replay the first two games on epic ruled because I got to play two great games again

Get that unlockables dopamine flowing again as well

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay the ET was actually pretty fun if tense. I took his bodyguard's suit and watched his routine and it was kinda neat! I wish to hell he weren't an ET so I could experiment with him more, but nope. Not risking SA over seeing his lines.

Elusive Targets remain mind boggling in their content delivery I see

I really hope that when the seasons of sin are over and Io has 47 hang up his silverballers for the foreseeable future they just throw every ET back up permanently, because why the hell not?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

TBH the only thing I truly miss from the old games is Jesper Kyd

But his absence is very felt, and it is a shame he never came back after BM

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've been playing through Absolution because It's been nearly 10 years since it came out / since I bought it, and I had previously only gotten halfway

It's pretty awful. I've heard a lot of people say it's a pretty cool action game albeit a bad Hitman game, but I honestly think it's bad at both of these things.

e: the graphics were pretty I guess? but god drat I remember the follow up to BM being -this- game and I thought Hitman was dead. I love the World of Assassination trilogy so much for bringing Hitman back to a set of worthy BM successors :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm excited for the next sin which I think should be coming out soon anyway

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I missed the sniper shot :ohdear:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Nah, it's somebody more mainstream and it's eating at me.

Quentin Tarantino aged 20 years?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The soundtrack and ambience of Contracts is so spooky and mysterious and I absolutely loving love it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress I've missed like the last three elusive targets

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Boy am I glad we pulled back up from that dark time, I was so disappointed with Absolution that I thought Hitman was over

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Crossbows are cool

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I drat well better have permanent access to the season of sin content because I paid good money for that stuff!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah you guys mention the reporter and I'm remembering the all but certainly innocent mail delivery boy he wastes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

If it's any consolation it was really boring

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Still wish we would've gotten at least one dlc map

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I burnt Zoe in the Phoenix monument for the first time today

What a loving awesome mission story

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just threw a bomb at Mr Giggles,

And it was then I realized how overpowered the bombs really are

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mescal posted:

Tell me again, what's so special about Paris?

Helmut Krueger

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish Whittleton Creek was better. I do love that suburban atmosphere.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meanwhile I just realized the sheer amount of unlockables every level in this game truly has when I poked into Career for the first time today

If they swan song the trilogy by making all the elusive targets available like permanently I would be eternally happy with Hitman

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh cheers I didnt even think there were any silenced sniper rifles in the game :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow I really liked the escalation that unlocks aforementioned silenced sniper rifle

I went from exasperatingly going "seven targets?" to fuckin silent assassin with only a couple of failed runs of strategy in my belt

A+

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I was doing the one with the fumigator on whittleton creek last night, and I love how the immediate and obvious solution for the first part doesn't work at all for the second, because one guy in the house isn't allowed to die in the second

Basically it made me have to think and I honestly didn't think the escalation would get to that point.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Til death do us part is a good mission.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just threw a bomb at them and ran for the exit because I couldn't be bothered :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lollerich posted:

MrFreeze put me off early on, for some of the reasons mentioned earlier. His "guides" are usually half assed attempts at speed running which are at the very least difficult to replicate, and he got pissed off several times when I pointed out in his comments that some of the stuff he demonstrates either relied on straight up difficult timing or were impossible to replicate after some patch went live and changed the mechanics.

I also don't enjoy his illiteracy, stuttering, and lack of education. This sounds snobby as gently caress but come on..., he sometimes doesn't even know what common English words mean... And his struggle with uncommon words is tragic. (who the gently caress has never heard of Mate Tea? The map is set in South America, connect the loving dots, what the gently caress!? It's not "mate", as in the british word for "buddy". There was a challenge in Mendoza I think, where you have to poison someones Mate. He just couldn't deal with the linguistics, at all. Which also implies that there is no way in hell that he figured it out for himself.)

He's also the reason I came up with the expression "coin dance". I just have no other words to describe what he used to do in his Hitman 2 videos sometimes.

I think it was an escalation where he threw multiple coins at very specific points to simultaneously distract several of the workers at the construction site in Santa Fortuna in order to lure them into different positions at the same time, and it all had to be done right down the second and he didn't even bother to display the ingame timer. While admirable that anybody is able to do that, it's just poo poo. You probably can't do that and neither can I or the majority of players. It's just completely useless garbage of a video.

I once tuned into one of his archived live streams, years ago. He was doing a Kill everybody stream on Master Difficulty on Hokkaido. I skipped around the video and just hit the perfect example near the end of the video. He missed a couple of shots (that was before auto aim for headshot on console was a thing) and he got killed. As you may know you can only save once on Master Mode. He flipped the gently caress out unlike anything you can imagine. Holy poo poo. I think his exact words were "I just want this to be over with!!!!" but in a screechy whiney voice that hurt if you were wearing headphones. It took me completely by surprise because I was skipping around in the video and had no reason to expect this kind of behaviour.

It's the kind of thing, I would do while alone and trying to do this for 3 hours and drunk and in my underwear in front of the computer on a Sunday morning, but come on..., would you do this if it's your only job and you're broadcasting this to 15K people or however many there were when this was streamed?

That was when I unsubbed and that was years ago. I only ever watched his videos when I searched for specific challenges that I couldn't figure out and his was one of the top results and only if he had the shortest video, but I always tried to avoid his videos from then on.

If you are looking for actual guides when you are stuck with a specific escalation or kill method, search for the name of the escalation and or challenge in youtube and click on "Hitman Series". This is stuff that a normal human being can replicate and it's done without condescension or even commentary and it's more often that not actually clever.

What I like most about Hitman Series is that they consistently wait until the opening cinematic has finished. Some might not know this, but it actually makes a difference wether you let it play out or hit Space like a maniac to start the level, because NPCs and cameras start moving once the level starts even if you let the cinematic play to the end.
It might be crucial for some of the timing of the npcs/cameras to be in specific positions when you start the level to pull off some of the more difficult timings.

Hitman Series always lets the cinematics run until the end, and it all works out just fine. That should tell you something about how reasonable they are to replicate.

Edit: not just escalations, Hitman Series also does some of the featured contracts. If you're into that but just can't get it right for whatever reason.

he sounds like a pretty typical gamer content creator tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Crossbows are the coolest of weapons

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Elusive targets sure got a lot less stressful for me once I realized you can alt f4 and it doesn't ruin the run

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I honestly did not expect any of this (or anything more Hitman 3 post Deadly Sins) and my hype level is now off the charts

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 22, 2021

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh boy assuming the $10 discount on Epic works on items already on sale, you can get the seven deadly sins pack for like 7 bucks right now

I hope it works cuz I only have previously bought the first one..

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

As long as I still have immaculate houses to stealth around in I care not for what the new maps are

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is Hitman VR first person or what? I've never played anything in VR and third person sounds like a headache.

you are agent fourty seven man

you see thru his eyes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The train loving sucks so bad I wish it was anything else

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

drat they hosed this poo poo up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I bought the 7 deadly sins pack on discount and I hope the crossbow was at least worth the $10

:shepface: