Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Man, after burning out pretty hard on 1 and skipping 2, it feels pretty good being back in the swing of things for 3. I just finished Chongqing and so far, I love how each level has a different core conceit and working around the constraints to figure out SASO runs has been really fun! I did come up with SASO routes for Dubai and Dartmoore without that much trouble though and ended up being able to improvise one for Chongqing after noticing bumbling into spots in both target routes that lets you sneakily kill them. I don't suppose we have any ETA on when PC players who bought 2 on Steam can get access to those levels, huh? I'm really itching to go play through the levels I missed out on now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

redreader posted:

I haven't unlocked much of this yet but I'm interested in poison: is there any poison that actually kills people, that you can put in food or drink? I've unlocked sedative and lethal poison, but the lethal poison is a syringe. I think the sedative is a food additive but I can't remember. Also, rat poison is in most levels so far, somewhere lying around. (edit: but it just makes them vom)

A lot of the story missions are like 'kill this person with poison' but at least in Paris I think I've got a poison kill by giving them rat poison then drowning them in the toilet.

edit: also for hitman 1 levels is there a 'you REALLY have to unlock *thing* because it makes the game so much more fun'? Same with hitman 2 levels? I'm playing 1 and 2 together inside hitman 2.

You can get a bottle of lethal pills you can use to poison food and drinks after hitting Mastery 15 in Paris, I think. There's another one you get after doing 5 SA/SO runs, as well, at least for 3. As for poisons you can pick up within the levels, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is in Dalia's possession, she gives it to you if you do the Helmut Kruger opportunity or you could just take it from her after killing her.

Back for 2016, I was very much a fan of the Remote Breaching Charges from Sapienza, they're a great catch-all for detonating fire extinguishers and propane tanks and opening locked doors without drawing too much attention, but I think they were nerfed in the transition for 2016 to 2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is shooting the cooler and powerstrip (assuming there is one) a viable option? You can expedite a lot of interactions like that by shooting.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jeoh posted:

Didn't realize in Dartmoor that you didn't need to complete the murder investigation to trigger Another Death in the Family. Just fixing the poison and waiting a few minutes while grabbing the case file was enough. Easiest SASO.

Its even easier than that.

Alexa just stands directly underneath the chandelier in her office sometimes to take a call. Just pop that sucker when she's underneath and you're probably already in her office to swipe the case file, if you haven't already. Alternately, you could probably hide in the secret passageway to Alexa's private booth and get her while she's in there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

repiv posted:

However, you can throw your briefcase so weapons that can't otherwise be thrown can be yeeted past a frisk checkpoint to retrieve on the other side (as long as a guard doesn't find it first)

I saw a gif of someone dropping the briefcase at their feet, getting frisked, then picking it back up to continue on their merry way, does that not work?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I miss the days where you could lob a can of soda or fire extinguisher onto a recording console to disable it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

They already did something about that.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pc-location-importing-guide/

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Doesn't Sapienza have someone who is meant to be starting their first day in the kitchen, meaning that anybody the staff don't recognise could be the new guy?

Yes. One of the easier infiltration routes is to go to the apartment building next to the mansion, go to the top floor and steal the kitchenhand’s uniform, that dude’s dragging his feet on getting to his first day on the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It’s the cost in man-hours, I think. You gotta get animators to rig everything and get the animation for the exit, you gotta get someone to rig the camera for cinematic angles, you probably gotta get some people to make sure the AI can’t get in the way and accidentally get run over by the car, and other assorted QA tasks. Its one of those things that seems like it should be a quick and easy job but you really can’t cut corners if you want the job done right.