Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Leeds having money problems is certainly believable at least

I heard that Eleven Sports is losing a ton of money so I guess that means Radizzani won't be as free to fund the club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/timbersarmy/status/1072758703307153410

Read this and try not to vomit

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jesus

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

"I felt I was personally at war..."
An adult man wrote this.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

TwoStepBoog posted:

"I felt I was personally at war..."
An adult man wrote this.

It was my personal 9/11

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Oh my god.

Just love your boys, y’all.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
It's coming up 404 for me. Did they delete it?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

El Jebus posted:

yea

https://twitter.com/timbersarmy/status/1072966655255298048

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

El Jebus posted:

They did. In summary, a TA guy talked about the beauty of his organically grown supporter group from the halcyon days of USL, which is lovely, and then sneering at the “Spectator” culture of Atlanta. Never mind the corporate trappings; dude managed to use more than a few dog whistles in the process of saying Atlanta fans aren’t REAL fans. It reminded him of going to BLAZERS games, you see. And you know what THOSE people are like.

All he had to do was talk about loving his team, making the journey to love his own in the face of 70,000 people and be proud that he did. Instead of that, he Done hosed Up.

All you have to do is love your team, you numbskulls. That’s it. Root for the people who wear the shirt of your city. You can be loud, if you like. You can be rude, if you like. You can be an idiot, if you like. And you can be quiet, if you like. You can buy the prawn sandwiches and study what you see, if you like. You can even stay home and watch on TV, or go to the bar and have a pint. Do what you like! Just don’t be a dick, don’t listen to Hitler, and enjoy yourself!!

God drat it anyway!!!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
AGAINST SPECTACLE FOOTBALL

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

El Jebus posted:

If you actually want to read it (you really don't), a helpful Redditor copy-pasted it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So Luciano Acosta allegedly has one foot and his dick out of the door to another team, so rip dc United for now.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Seeing as there's no Canadian Premier League thread, I'll cross-post this here: Ottawa Fury FC of the USL Championship is being strong-armed by CONCACAF to leave the Championship and, I guess, join the CPL.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Relegate the Wooden Spoon to CPL

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

They did. In summary, a TA guy talked about the beauty of his organically grown supporter group from the halcyon days of USL, which is lovely, and then sneering at the “Spectator” culture of Atlanta. Never mind the corporate trappings; dude managed to use more than a few dog whistles in the process of saying Atlanta fans aren’t REAL fans. It reminded him of going to BLAZERS games, you see. And you know what THOSE people are like.

All he had to do was talk about loving his team, making the journey to love his own in the face of 70,000 people and be proud that he did. Instead of that, he Done hosed Up.

All you have to do is love your team, you numbskulls. That’s it. Root for the people who wear the shirt of your city. You can be loud, if you like. You can be rude, if you like. You can be an idiot, if you like. And you can be quiet, if you like. You can buy the prawn sandwiches and study what you see, if you like. You can even stay home and watch on TV, or go to the bar and have a pint. Do what you like! Just don’t be a dick, don’t listen to Hitler, and enjoy yourself!!

God drat it anyway!!!

Two things, 1) it was his halcyon days of NASL 2) it's embarrassing as gently caress. I got a paragraph and a half into yesterday when it was just a tweet and noped out.

Was pretty disappointed that it was posted to the blog when it was because it overshadowed a little TA history project one of my best friends is working on. Regardless, nobody eats their own quite like the Timbers Army in the off-season.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Relegate the Wooden Spoon to CPL

Orlando are clearly already trying to meet our domestic quota so clearly they know what's coming.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 13, 2018

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Relegate Orlando Forever

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Seriously though gently caress Orlando City. Stolen team, a fan base that takes pride in implying violence and rape, bad owners, bad management, bad players in an overheated shithole town

Never forget that they used an automated literal fake news generator to create a fake article saying a pregnant away fan was attacked by Orlando supporters and caused a miscarriage

No one likes you, and we all care a lot about removing your stink from this league

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fun fact: I put a curse on Orlando City that they would never have any success in MLS until Austin got a team. I guess it worked!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Something interesting I found was that if MLS had bottom 3 relegation, the 3 teams in 2012 that would have been relegated were the Timbers, Chivas, and Toronto. In the next 6 years those teams combined for 4 finals appearances and one team collapsed entirely. I find this fact amazingly interesting and a statement about MLS parity.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Your Boy Fancy posted:

God drat it anyway!!!

Thanks! And I agree, don’t be a dick and don’t listen to hitler.

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you actually want to read it (you really don't), a helpful Redditor copy-pasted it.

Maybe I’ll read this tomorrow and do a spit take with my coffee.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If I had been drinking anything while reading I'm sure I would have done a spit-take, especially at the end of the penultimate paragraph.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Reminder that Porter is not gonna tell Z what to do. He will build the team around him, and then his success or failure will depend on the old fedger's health.

He's waited all this time, but I don't think the coach will have any influence on the eventual outcome.

I'm really surprised he's not going back to the midwest.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

El Jebus posted:

Maybe I’ll read this tomorrow and do a spit take with my coffee.

Whats the eye roll plus jerk off smiley? Ah, :jerkbag:

I guess I see the veiled racism bit but it just seemed like someone who was trying to still enjoy his own farts after his team lost. Supporters culture is a cancer that needs to die. Just go enjoy soccer games. I've got my bike fixed up and hopefully I can go and enjoy more soccer games in LA next year.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The magical part was reappropriating Nevertheless, We Persisted. My brain flat blue screened on that one.

El Jebus posted:

Thanks! And I agree, don’t be a dick and don’t listen to Hitler

MLS 2019: Don’t Be A Dick, Don’t Listen To Hitler

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The magical part was reappropriating Nevertheless, We Persisted. My brain flat blue screened on that one.

I made SUCH a face at that. Dude means well but needs to just... sit the gently caress down.

I think the 107IST (guiding body of the TA and Riveters) taking it down caused even more of a shitstorm tbh.

It’s only been 4 (now 5) days. Hold the sour grapes for at least a week, ya know?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If you’re gonna lose a cup final, just trash the loving locker room and use the remnants as a trophy for a rivalry match in the future

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

If you’re gonna lose a cup final, just trash the loving locker room and use the remnants as a trophy for a rivalry match in the future

Shame on the Timbers Army for not destroying the number of seats ATL was short in reaching the 5% that is recommended for away support.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It is a bit rich for Portland fans of all people to complain about supporter quality

highme
May 25, 2001

go on...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, AAC is a Timbers “supporter”.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

El Jebus posted:

Shame on the Timbers Army for not destroying the number of seats ATL was short in reaching the 5% that is recommended for away support.

Oh, I meant the players

The Coffee Pot Cup is our most prestigious trophy

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/PaulTenorio/status/1073361909699805185

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Lol. At this rate he'll be hired by Dallas by Saturday.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol. At this rate he'll be hired by Orlando by Saturday then fired on Wednesday.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
He already interviewed there but yeah.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well this is a stupid name, so it fits right in with our league:

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/1073277242317234176

Also, why isn't this their logo?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It’s finally happened.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1073670771619225601?s=20

Enjoy him. He’ll never quit on you. He’ll fail trying, but he’ll never fail to try. He’ll be slow, but he’ll never slow down. He’ll score a goal or two. He’ll play defense, winger, whatever you need. He was our longest tenured player. And whatever you paid him, you probably paid too much. But you’ll be glad he came.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
https://twitter.com/Burgundywave/status/1073688316229365760

I'm so dead inside that I don't know if I should be happy or sad.