Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Star Man posted:

https://twitter.com/Burgundywave/status/1073688316229365760

I'm so dead inside that I don't know if I should be happy or sad.

Because of who he is, yay. But we now have two of the ten highest paid keepers in the league and largely the same lovely defense. (And coaching staff and management) Irwin is on $220,000 but only played 32 games in 3 years.

What’s going to be interesting is Irwin was reportedly traded for being a locker room problem in 2015. Only two players are left (Hairston and Serna), and I think the FO has had a complete turnover. I wonder how he’s going to fit in?

Overall I’m okay with Mezquida, Kamara, Irwin and TAM for MacMath, an international slot and a draft pick, but I hope they do something about that back line. It was putrid with Castillo, without...:eng99:

Hey people who follow NYCFC, how excited should I be by Andre Rawls? I have a feeling he’ll be stuck behind our apparent 2020 keeper Irwin for a while.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

SKC has signed Rodney Wallace from NYCFC and will be used mostly as LB.
Medranda is out until summer and Lobato was let go, so the only SKC player that can play LB right now is Sinovic (and maybe Croizet if forced again).

edit; i keep forgetting about Lindsey.

TwoStepBoog fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 14, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Because of who he is, yay. But we now have two of the ten highest paid keepers in the league and largely the same lovely defense. (And coaching staff and management) Irwin is on $220,000 but only played 32 games in 3 years.

What’s going to be interesting is Irwin was reportedly traded for being a locker room problem in 2015. Only two players are left (Hairston and Serna), and I think the FO has had a complete turnover. I wonder how he’s going to fit in?

Overall I’m okay with Mezquida, Kamara, Irwin and TAM for MacMath, an international slot and a draft pick, but I hope they do something about that back line. It was putrid with Castillo, without...:eng99:

Hey people who follow NYCFC, how excited should I be by Andre Rawls? I have a feeling he’ll be stuck behind our apparent 2020 keeper Irwin for a while.

I've long been at the point where nothing is going to change until we can draw and quarter the entire Kroenke family and transfer ownership of the Rapids to someone that wants to make them a mediocre team at the least.

But I imagine that Nuggets and Avalanche fans are way ahead of me in line on that one.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Give the Nordiques back to Quebec, you cowards

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Vancouver's Erik Hurtado to SKC now for 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Star Man posted:

I've long been at the point where nothing is going to change until we can draw and quarter the entire Kroenke family and transfer ownership of the Rapids to someone that wants to make them a mediocre team at the least.

But I imagine that Nuggets and Avalanche fans are way ahead of me in line on that one.

You’re basically right, but the Avs and Nuggets are shockingly decent this year. I’m not sure how many fans will join the angry mob.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

:nyd:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i was certain we had already sold irwin to cincinatti. oh well. also,

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Your Boy Fancy posted:

:hmmyes:

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Timbers fan group poo poo is lol.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Wooooo Atlanta won something lick my butt suck on my ballssssd

:hmmyes:

Losing Garza isn't great, but its also not the worst thing that could've happened, well executed by the front office.

Pity coming over is phenomenal, still worried about the Coaching decision.

The atmosphere at the match was more electric than any other game of any sport that I've been to, even with the rain. Glad we finally got a championship in ATL, but United needs to continue to perform if they don't want to get Atlanta Sports Team Syndrome; seems as though Blank understands this.

Took off to go the parade, threw a beer at Larentowicz and he stone cold'd it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPRkFgGzrfY

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://www.stumptownfooty.com/2018/12/10/18135066/atlanta-can-go-f-k-itself

they done did it again

thought it was satire before i read some of the comments

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TwoStepBoog posted:

they done did it again

The internet was a mistake

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TwoStepBoog posted:

they done did it again

:shepface:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

TwoStepBoog posted:

they done did it again

The Whitecaps are the only good Cascadian team

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

they done did it again

lol timbers fans are pathetic

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Tolerable? Yes. Good? Um....not so much.

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
I'm a Timbers fan living in Seattle and the oft made complaint that Seattle having an adequately sized stadium is bad is loving stupid. And then dude ends with gentrified posers? Atlanta? I got called a poser by some TA OGs for not having a season ticket or following the USL team. These people are soccer fans because they like feeling special not because they enjoy watching their team.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm currently sitting in the fanladen after cleaning up after the TA holiday party.

"I want Atlanta at home is what I want. Get those gentrified posers in Rose City and let's see what happens."

Holy gently caress that's a completely oblivious take.

Anyway, we just raised about $2100 for Friends of Seasonal Workers. I won a pair of game worn Larrys Mabiala boots that fit me perfectly in the raffle, so they're my new outdoor boots.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

quote:

Heck, Atlanta can't even figure out it's own chants. They keep ripping on everyone elses (the Icelandic clap. Really?).

Pretty much every Timbers chant is a rip on another chant.

Or the Beastie Boys.

Or "Winter Wonderland".

Christ this poo poo is embarrassing.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
There’s No Pity in Literally Anywhere For Portland

I hope they do a Five Striped NO PITY scarf specifically to mock Portland

highme
May 25, 2001

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Christ this poo poo is embarrassing.

I mean, it is a Sportsnation Fanpost.

And yeah, almost all SG chants are derivative as hell.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TwoStepBoog posted:

Vancouver's Erik Hurtado to SKC now for 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

I don't know what leverage MDS pulled to get a first out of Vermes for him but that feels like one hell of an overpay.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I assume you mean "good" as in "not totally insufferable in the stands" (since we sure as hell weren't good on the field), but, hmm, I have some bad news for you about our SG literally calling out the team captain and arguably running him out of town for being insufficiently woke during pride week.

(yes I know the coach being fired was the big catalyst but that really didn't help GUYS)

Community-driven soccer is all well and good but man do the communities get full of themselves sometimes.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

I assume you mean "good" as in "not totally insufferable in the stands" (since we sure as hell weren't good on the field), but, hmm, I have some bad news for you about our SG literally calling out the team captain and arguably running him out of town for being insufficiently woke during pride week.

(yes I know the coach being fired was the big catalyst but that really didn't help GUYS)

Community-driven soccer is all well and good but man do the communities get full of themselves sometimes.

Revised: Whitecaps are the Least Bad Cascadian Team

highme
May 25, 2001

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Revised: Whitecaps are the Least Bad Cascadian Team

You've discovered 2011.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

would imagine vancouver would be more irritating if they had ever experienced any sort of success

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

We already know what would happen if they somehow made it to the final and lost:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

We already know what would happen if they somehow made it to the final and lost:

You'd think that, but on the other hand we have grown extremely used to losing finals by now!

(not that I can speak much for the locals, plastic that I am)

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

whypick1 posted:

Riot_in_Vancouver.jpg makes me happy, but you should’ve posted the couple making out in the street

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

You'd think that, but on the other hand we have grown extremely used to losing finals by now!

Getting dunked on by Montreal/Toronto every year doesn't count. :colbert:

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Riot_in_Vancouver.jpg makes me happy, but you should’ve posted the couple making out in the street

Phone posting, kind of a pain in the rear end to find a pic I could actually use.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/Ddwyer14/status/1074696059312574465?s=19

Orlando offseason is off to a spicy start.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Lolando.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lol what

Seriously, do they not have their own facility? I mean he says they do but...

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

lol what

Seriously, do they not have their own facility? I mean he says they do but...

Nah
They're using a public park right now.

https://twitter.com/JordanCulver/status/1074710289378099200?s=19

They're currently building a new training facility that'll be open mid 2019.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

There’s No Pity in Literally Anywhere For Portland

I hope they do a Five Striped NO PITY scarf specifically to mock Portland

No Pity is trademarked.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

Nah
They're using a public park right now.

https://twitter.com/JordanCulver/status/1074710289378099200?s=19

They're currently building a new training facility that'll be open mid 2019.

lmao

highme
May 25, 2001

Doesn't Dom know the S.W.A.T. Team too? You think they'd help him out with a pesky "county employee".

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

highme posted:

Doesn't Dom know the S.W.A.T. Team too? You think they'd help him out with a pesky "county employee".

dunno, was he there the night Alex Morgan had to get dragged out by cops when she was pissdrunk at Epcot that one time?

highme
May 25, 2001

the escape goat posted:

dunno, was he there the night Alex Morgan had to get dragged out by cops when she was pissdrunk at Epcot that one time?

I forgot which player was married to which player. Still, by the transitive property of being a WOSO spouse, I'm sure he knows the swat team too.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1074756305531879425

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Well I'll be, they finally pulled the trigger.

I'll kinda miss two-legged series but I don't hate this and if it'll stop the endless bitching about the playoff format and momentum (it won't) then I'm for it on that basis alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

No reseeding seems kind of dumb

Though I guess it does help with a compressed schedule for the 2nd round