Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
We’ve all got em.

Neighbors you hate and neighbors who hate you.

So what’s the story? Why is your neighbor a horrible shithead you’ve been feuding with for a decade? Alternatively, why do they think you’re the horrible shithead? Please tell us, I’m sure they’re totally wrong about you.

For 25 years, the guy next door to my parent’s house has been pissing and moaning about the leaves. My parent’s definitely have a lot of trees on their property and the neighbor has none. He laments at least once a year that our trees are the reason he has to rake leaves in autumn. Also, when the leaves on our property get cleaned up, they are not done frequently enough to make him happy. I don’t know if he expects my parents to be out there every day from the end of September to the start of November, raking every leaf that’s fallen in 24 hours, but it’s kind of silly. My parents usually do the leaves once in the middle of the season, and once after all the leaves have fallen. Seems reasonable.

The neighbor been spotted on numerous occasions raking bunches of leaves from his property and putting them back on ours. Of course, this set my father off and they loving hate each other now.

Why do your neighbors suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
My neighbors are cool.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I have never seen any of the 7 neighbors that share my floor since I moved in over a month ago and I aim to keep it that way.

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

We’ve all got em.

So what’s the story? Why is your neighbor a horrible shithead you’ve been feuding with for a decade? Alternatively, why do they think you’re the horrible shithead? Please tell us, I’m sure they’re totally wrong about you.

For 25 years, the guy next door to my parent’s house has been pissing and moaning about the leaves. My parent’s definitely have a lot of trees on their property and the neighbor has none. He laments at least once a year that our trees are the reason he has to rake leaves in autumn. Also, when the leaves on our property get cleaned up, they are not done frequently enough to make him happy. I don’t know if he expects my parents to be out there every day from the end of September to the start of November, raking every leaf that’s fallen in 24 hours, but it’s kind of silly. My parents usually do the leaves once in the middle of the season, and once after all the leaves have fallen. Seems reasonable.

The neighbor been spotted on numerous occasions raking bunches of leaves from his property and putting them back on ours. Of course, this set my father off and they loving hate each other now.

Sounds like your parents are just bad neighbors and should keep their poo poo on their property.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
if consenting adults want to expel the contents of their rectums together that is up to them

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

We’ve all got em.

your parents rake bad. you should do it once a month and pile them onto the trees to make it healthier.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
So go there once a month, rake the leaves and suck his cock. Just like you did growing up.
He probably misses you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fredrik1 posted:

My neighbors are cool.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My parent's neighbors would sneak their dog onto my folks lawn whenever it needed to poop because they didn't want it on THEIR lawn but thought it was fine to have it poop on theirs, and they were oddly aggressive about it.
Thing is, my parents had never had a single negative interaction with them, like they weren't feuding or hadn't had a fight or anything, they were just being weird about their dog pooping on their lawn.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Neighbour left a chair on my lawn so I threw it into a hedge on common ground

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Angelwolf posted:

Neighbour left a chair on my lawn so I threw it into a hedge on common ground

Throwing your neighbor into the hedge isn't very neighborly.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My downstairs neighbor constantly smokes weed and makes the stairwell stanky but that's about all I know about him. :confused:
I've never even met my other neighbors and sometimes get mildly irritated at the smell so I guess downstairs guy is my enemy.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gAyWTZgC8

(The full playlist has 42 videos. :pwn:)

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I don't really have any feuds with my neighbors. The upstairs neighbors hate my guts, but I've never talked to them.

My dad has this family across the street that he just blackly hates. They're a typical family: Mom, dad, 2 little girls. Normal, nice people.
But when my dad moved in, there was a different lady who lived there. Mid-40's, alone, social issues, bad past. Implicated in a sex scandal that cost a local judge his seat, and then was stalked by said ex-judge. Lady has problems making ends meet, her house hasn't had power for a while. I'm not a fan, but dad likes her because she has nice boobs.
Eventually, her house is raided by a county Sheriff's department, and two people are taken into custody, but not charged with anything, then released 24 hours later. No charges seems weird, and it turns out that it was because the Sheriffs who conducted the raid were out of their jurisdiction. 24 hours is the max you can hold someone without filing charges in their county. The lady freaks out and stays with relatives, while someone in the county that had its Sheriffs raid her house files a claim that the lady's deed is a fake. The courts side with the person who filed the claim, and the lady is thrown out of her house. The new couple buys the place from the person who the court decreed holds the real deed for cheap, and moves in.
And that's when we found out that the MiL of the new owner was the lady who contested the deed in court, and the FiL of the new owner is the head of the Sheriffs' Department that carried out the illegal raid.

So now dad hates them.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fredrik1 posted:

My neighbors are cool.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
My one neighbor for a while was working in his garage all day every weekend. That means the sound of power saws and sanders and whatever other power tools he’s using from 8am until after dark. He did this in the summer, when we would want to keep all of the windows and back door open or hang out in the back yard, but his constant noise made it intolerable.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I live in a townhome and my neighbor has a giant DO NOT ENTER sign hung up along their little patch of the yard. Nobody ever walks around in the backyards, nobody ever uses them for anything, but they have a huge ugly sign hung up that looks like poo poo and makes ludicrously loud noises in the wind.

We get along in the properly psychotic Minnesotan way, where we're best friends and great neighbors until the door's shut and we can privately plot eachother's deaths

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i like mine save for the pedo pastor and his pedo son and their giagantic orange plumbing truck

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The guy in the apartment stomps around a lot in the middle of the night. In the warmer months he smokes on his balcony and stares people down when they enter the building. He also has whiskey plates on his car. Not really an enemy but his presence is annoying.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My worst neighbor was when I was in college. I moved in next to a cop which I thought was convenient since nobody would break in, but he was pretty weird. He was regularly peering in through my blinds and would comment on my fish tank and ask if he could come look at it, or say he saw (again, through the blinds) that I had a 360 and asked if he could come play it some time. One time he even pulled me over a couple miles from my place and was like "oh I thought that was you" and asked if I knew anything about who left an empty pizza box on the grass by our building (I didn't). I couldn't tell if he was just a weird clingy guy who wanted a friend or if he was trying to arrest me. I wanted to tell him off and tell him to stop looking in my loving blinds you weirdo but I didn't want to be tazed.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My worst neighbor was when I was in college. I moved in next to a cop which I thought was convenient since nobody would break in, but he was pretty weird. He was regularly peering in through my blinds and would comment on my fish tank and ask if he could come look at it, or say he saw (again, through the blinds) that I had a 360 and asked if he could come play it some time. One time he even pulled me over a couple miles from my place and was like "oh I thought that was you" and asked if I knew anything about who left an empty pizza box on the grass by our building (I didn't). I couldn't tell if he was just a weird clingy guy who wanted a friend or if he was trying to arrest me. I wanted to tell him off and tell him to stop looking in my loving blinds you weirdo but I didn't want to be tazed.

The actual human solution to this is to put your drugs away and invite him over for the bbq and some xbox, and make sure he knows you appreciate having a cool cop neighbor to make sure nobody breaks in (and steals your weed)

goons though

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im going to do a surrealist painting of a goon discretely paying a bribe

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I have a lot of terrible neighbors. They sneak into my kitchen, scatter my garbage, and poop in my sink. I have set traps, but they are ineffective.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I have beef with what amounts to a literal gang that likes to hang out outside my apartment. I'll let y'all know how it goes when summer comes around and all the black kids from flatbush come through.

Update: yeah they peace out like the bitchmade princesses they know they are. They don't even leave their cars. :cawg:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

We’ve all got em.

Why doesn't he just suck them up with his lawnmower instead of being a huge loving baby?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CPL593H posted:

Why doesn't he just suck them up with his lawnmower instead of being a huge loving baby?

I mean dude is sorta right in that his neighbors are basically constantly littering on his lawn. Does sorta seem like they should be responsible for the waste they create.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
My gf has terribly lovely loud downstairs neighbors. U til she started doing jumping squats and the like. Mine can be loud but a few noisy bathroom runs at 4am stopped that poo poo quick.

Sometime I'll get a house and can invite neughbors over for bbq.

Oh i remember salting a neighbors tree growing up cause they were terrible... but in retrospect we had 4 screaming kids a barking dog, crazy relugion and the associated many cars parked nearby, it musta sucked to live next to us.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 9, 2018

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
our problem neighbor was supposed to move out on friday but he's still sat around up there tonight :shrug:

this is the piece of poo poo who threatened to beat me up over imagined "machine noises" coming from our apartment then got so buttmad when i laughed at him that he went out and bought a doberman the very next day.

the building has a strict no pets policy (hence the eviction notice). i'll talk to building management tomorrow and find out when i'll need to sit on the porch with some beer and popcorn to watch all his poo poo being thrown out into the driveway by bailiffs.

fun times.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
My neighbors just stick to passive agressive rudeness. I'm fine with it.

e: Just remembered, their power move is to stick my dumpster in the middle of my driveway if I don't put it away on trash day.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Obsidianheart posted:

I don't really have any feuds with my neighbors. The upstairs neighbors hate my guts, but I've never talked to them.

My dad has this family across the street that he just blackly hates. They're a typical family: Mom, dad, 2 little girls. Normal, nice people.
But when my dad moved in, there was a different lady who lived there. Mid-40's, alone, social issues, bad past. Implicated in a sex scandal that cost a local judge his seat, and then was stalked by said ex-judge. Lady has problems making ends meet, her house hasn't had power for a while. I'm not a fan, but dad likes her because she has nice boobs.
Eventually, her house is raided by a county Sheriff's department, and two people are taken into custody, but not charged with anything, then released 24 hours later. No charges seems weird, and it turns out that it was because the Sheriffs who conducted the raid were out of their jurisdiction. 24 hours is the max you can hold someone without filing charges in their county. The lady freaks out and stays with relatives, while someone in the county that had its Sheriffs raid her house files a claim that the lady's deed is a fake. The courts side with the person who filed the claim, and the lady is thrown out of her house. The new couple buys the place from the person who the court decreed holds the real deed for cheap, and moves in.
And that's when we found out that the MiL of the new owner was the lady who contested the deed in court, and the FiL of the new owner is the head of the Sheriffs' Department that carried out the illegal raid.

So now dad hates them.

Sounds like your dad is pretty smart, actually.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
"Of course I'm drunk."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KNv9gG219A

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I own a big plot of grassland behind my neighbor's house. Once he asked if it was ok if his grandkids play back there, when they visit. Of course it's ok.

Sometimes when I mow after their visit, I'll find a lost whiffle ball, or something. I just chuck it back into his yard, and keep mowing.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Laterite posted:

Sounds like your dad is pretty smart, actually.

I wouldn't go that far, but it was deffo some poo poo-stained power abuse. They claimed they didn't know what their In-Laws did to get them into that house when confronted about it later. But I'm not sure that a plot like that gets handed down without the recipients having some idea it's shady.
On the other hand, I totally took out their mailbox when my kid kicked my seat real hard while I was driving, and they were pretty cool about it, so I have a hard time being a jerk to them.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

lmao

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

lol @ "don't you mean your mom's yard?"

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
upstairs neighbour was a paranoid schizophrenic, downstairs neighbour was fetal-alcoholly unemployed stoner. schizo guy would accuse stoner guy of putting him under/collaborating with some kind of surveillance, stoner guy would accuse schizo guy of "raping the floor" and having "pure evil behind [his] eyes" and i would be caught in the middle keeping my face very still while making noncommittal sounds

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

poverty goat posted:

The actual human solution to this is to put your drugs away and invite him over for the bbq and some xbox, and make sure he knows you appreciate having a cool cop neighbor to make sure nobody breaks in (and steals your weed)

goons though

I had no drugs or anything illegal. He could have scoured my entire apartment at any point during my time there and had nothing to say except "you get drunk and yell at call of duty at 9 in the morning too much". Doesn't mean he wasn't being loving weird. Don't peer in to someone's window regularly, that's what stalkers do.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55jbpKjF_LE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

lol @ "don't you mean your mom's yard?"

It's like the perfect storm of stupidity.