Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Chinatown posted:

Drew Magary got into some unknown accident and Deadspin is being super tight lipped about it. This concerns me greatly.

My first thought is that his back's hosed up again, I'll never forget the bit in this where he mentioned the slipped disc had "the consistency of crab meat"

Also right after that:

quote:

None of that changes the fact that I have three degenerating discs in my spine, all stacked on top of one another, and that one false move will cause them to collapse once more, leaving me in complete loving agony. I know deep in my heart that Monday's surgery was most certainly not my last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

I hate all this poo poo that tries to make teams want to go to OT or turn it into calvin ball.

Stop the other loving team or eat poo poo

Second. The current OT rules are pretty much perfect. Stop a TD, get a TD, you win the game. It's almost like football.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1072222599860518912?s=19

Thanks for the pick

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so are the Chiefs the only team whose offense hasn't been thoroughly embarrassed yet? like I know yesterday wasn't a great performance (it's kinda nuts that 27 points is enough to count as a down game) but it wasn't anywhere near the level of Rams/Bears or Saints/Cowboys

e: I mean of the three Offensive Juggernauts this year. obviously the Chargers and Steelers haven't caught whoopings like those yet, but their offenses aren't talked about in the same way (although maybe the Chargers should be)

indigi fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 11, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

indigi posted:

so are the Chiefs the only team whose offense hasn't been thoroughly embarrassed yet? like I know yesterday wasn't a great performance (it's kinda nuts that 27 points is enough to count as a down game) but it wasn't anywhere near the level of Rams/Bears or Saints/Cowboys

e: I mean of the three Offensive Juggernauts this year. obviously the Chargers and Steelers haven't caught whoopings like those yet, but their offenses aren't talked about in the same way (although maybe the Chargers should be)

Idk, the Steelers are at like 80% RZ efficiency right now, but their defense is still so bad that they've given up 5 TDs with under 2min to go so far this season. It's just that Roethlisberger has bailed them out of 2 of the 5 (Jax & Cinci)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
are the steelers the best team in the league? i think it's quite possible.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Friends, have you not heard the rule revision good word of Multi Ball?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

nerve posted:

The entire AFC west chuckles

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

nerve posted:

Pretty sure it's the Saints. It definitely isn't the Steelers they way their defense is playing

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
maybe the bears are the best, actually. i'll think about it more.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Best team is the Saints by a notch over the Rams. Then Chiefs. Cowboys might be secretly high and are maybe #4. Then Chargers are 5th.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 11, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Pretty sure it's the Saints. It definitely isn't the Steelers they way their defense is playing

All I know is the Chiefs idea of a slow day on offense is 27 points and 400 yards against the best defense in the league. What's the Saints' analogue, again? 10 points and barely 200 yards.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Strobe posted:

All I know is the Chiefs idea of a slow day on offense is 27 points and 400 yards against the best defense in the league. What's the Saints' analogue, again? 10 points and barely 200 yards.

When did the Chiefs play the Bears?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

Friends, have you not heard the rule revision good word of Multi Ball?

both offenses and defenses on the field at the same time. offenses start at the goal line. unlimited downs, no clock, turnover brings the ball back to the goal line, first team to cross the fifty wins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Best team is the Saints by a notch over the Rams. Then Chiefs. Cowboys might be secretly high and are maybe #4. Then Chargers are 5th.

you're nuts. did you see how much trouble they had with the lowly Eagles yesterday? and they still needed the refs to help out. it really was gonna be whoever won the coin toss won the game with how the defenses were playing at the end

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Roasted Donut posted:

100% and frankly they may not be the only ones anymore. This gutless pathetic team is going to get embarrassed each of the next two weeks

By the time the Steelers get done playing the Patriots and the Saints they will likely have lost 5 in a row and be 7-7-1 :wow:

blue squares posted:

The Mahomes pass is only a no-look pass if you think NFL QBs have the same vision cone as an NPC in a bad stealth game

His eyes were looking forward not to the right, yes he used his peripheral vision to mark the receiver and threw the ball without looking at him. This is very hard to do, as evidenced by the fact that no one else has ever even tried to do it. It's amazing and you sir are a basic bitch repeating some dumb NPC "joke" that you read somewhere on the itnernet

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Better FG challenge option:

Do a coin flip. Winning team has to call out a FG distance. The opposing team can accept or defer. If they accept they kick the FG for the win or loss. If they defer the original team has to kick it.

The teams are placed on eight fields connected together in a figure 8 pattern. Each offense and defense simultaneously starts on the outside of each curve and when they meet in the middle the teams play through each other, and offensive players can switch to defense in this area of the field in order to try to load up and force a turnover. Or defenders can switch to offense to give them a man advantage (but this leaves your other phase outnumbered so it must be used strategically). Downs are unlimited, plays are run by both teams simultaneously so each will get the same amount,, turnovers set you back 70 yards and the first team to make a complete revolution of the track wins.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Dallas has a really good defense this year but I also think they'd get waxed by anybody in the WC round. Their o-line is pretty banged up and none of their receivers aside for Amari are that good. Garrett still sucks also.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

When did the Chiefs play the Bears?

Ravens were first in Defensive DVOA (until they played the Chiefs. :v:), but the Saints awful game wasn't against the Bears either so try again. :v:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Strobe posted:

Ravens were first in Defensive DVOA (until they played the Chiefs. :v:), but the Saints awful game wasn't against the Bears either so try again. :v:

The Saints scored exactly as many points in regulation against the Ravens as KC did.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints scored exactly as many points in regulation against the Ravens as KC did.

Was that also the Saints' worst offensive game of the year?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Strobe posted:

no but it's in the top three!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

indigi posted:

no but it's in the top three!

lol the Saints have a top 3. :smuggo:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Strobe posted:

KCs offense is real good. Shame your defense is so bad you can score 50 and still lose.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

YOLOsubmarine posted:

KCs offense is real good. Shame your defense is so bad you can score 50 and still lose.

The funniest part is it was totally our offense that gave up those points. Our defense only gave up 40!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

The funniest part is it was totally our offense that gave up those points. Our defense only gave up 40!

The chargers offense outscored the chiefs offense in week 1 if you wanna go down that road

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
calm down chiefs dude your team is really good we all think so

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

The chargers offense outscored the chiefs offense in week 1 if you wanna go down that road

Philip Rivers balled out that game and probably deserved to win.

I consider any return TD that Tyreek Hill scores as part of the offense tbh.

nerve posted:

calm down chiefs dude your team is really good we all think so

I can be calm and still shitpost

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Finger Prince posted:

I just mean it didn't win them the game, like the Miami one did, and only would have forced overtime if Boswell made the kick. It was an amazing play, and I can see it or something like it being used in normal play to get a much needed first down, now that I've seen how it works in last second heroics.

The hook and lateral is a play I could see being safe enough to try now and then during normal gameplay, and there's a reason it's been around forever. But I think the main reason you don't see it except at the end of games is because a 7 yard hook is a pretty positive play for the offense and they're willing to just take that most of the time if it's the middle of the second quarter or whatever.

I guess if you ran it too often defenses would gameplan for it and rally to any trailing back or receiver. Then you're trusting the judgement of the receiver as to whether to risk the pitch or not, which probably isn't a thing most coaches would like.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Phillip Rivers scores a lot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

Philip Rivers balled out that game and probably deserved to win.

I consider any return TD that Tyreek Hill scores as part of the offense tbh.

It was special teams.

But then I consider that TD KC scored after we muffed a punt inside the 5 to be special teams points too, so potato potahto.

I hope the game on Thursday is good

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Strobe posted:

I'd like to remind you that the Chiefs beat the Steelers by 5 points in a game they were up by 24 in the 1st quarter. Is that better?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'd like to remind you that the Chiefs beat the Steelers by 5 points in a game they were up by 24 in the 1st quarter. Is that better?

I don't think the homerest of homer Chiefs fans are doing any more bragging about the defense than "well the pass rush is pretty good and the corners aren't the absolute worst I've ever seen anymore."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I absolutely feel better remembering the Chiefs beat the Steelers, thanks!

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you replaced the Bears offense with all defensive players, they would put up more points than the Saints in a playoff game. What I'm trying to say is the Bears D is better than your teams O.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Good thing none of this will matter two months from now when Brady gets Ring #6.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mega64 posted:

Good thing none of this will matter two months from now when Brady gets Ring #6.

They are 1 year away from being a very sad story.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

indigi posted:

you're nuts. did you see how much trouble they had with the lowly Eagles yesterday? and they still needed the refs to help out. it really was gonna be whoever won the coin toss won the game with how the defenses were playing at the end

Ok I'll adjust it. After the game tonight I'll put Saints-Rams-Chiefs-Seahawks-Chargers-Cowboys in that order.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So, one more win and the Seahawks are in the playoffs. What a loving ride.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kirk Cousins might not be the answer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A Seahawks blowout :smug: