Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
kirk cousins is a testament to no one having any idea how to evaluate good qb play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lmao russelbot malfunctioned https://deadspin.com/russell-wilson-what-and-why-and-what-1831000991

corn on the cop posted:

kirk cousins is a testament to no one having any idea how to evaluate good qb play

$80 million guaranteed baby

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

So, one more win and the Seahawks are in the playoffs. What a loving ride.

They’re going to get pasted by any real team

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sponges posted:

They’re going to get pasted by any real team

I don't give a single gently caress

This is great

I mean they've also played every nfc playoff team except New Orleans already but w/e

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 11, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

honestly cousins throwing the ball backwards to cook was much worse of a football play than wilson just chucking it up and presumably not getting enough on it to throw it out of bounds regardless of the play outcomes

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kawalimus posted:

Ok I'll adjust it. After the game tonight I'll put Saints-Bears-Rams-Chiefs-Seahawks-Chargers-Cowboys in that order.

I used Kawalimus logic to edit your quote.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Russell Wilson appears to have forgotten how to throw the ball away. By that, I don't mean that he's been holding onto the ball too long. No, I mean that you can see him, play after play, registering that it has become time to throw the ball away and clearly attempting to do so; but somehow he's just completely lost all grasp of the procedure and mechanics of that action, and so the ball just wildly sails with some arc and direction and he's just hoping it ends up being safe and legal after the fact.

In contrast, Kirk Cousins appears to have forgotten how to throw the ball against an opposing defense. Seattle's secondary did a great job of actually knocking down passes, but Cousins was consistently putting the ball in difficult, contested positions for his receivers. It was like he was playing catch in the park with a couple friends as the receiver and corner and he wanted to be scrupulously fair.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's almost as if Cousins is playing behind a line made up entirely of ambulatory moist tissue paper

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the panthers have lost 5 straight games and are still only a half game out of the wc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

the panthers have lost 5 straight games and are still only a half game out of the wc.

fiz why do they keep losing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

fiz why do they keep losing

problems on defensive line have exposed ron's secondary, injuries to cam newton, and ron's general refusal to acknowledge the game is changing/has changed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Finger Prince posted:

I just mean it didn't win them the game, like the Miami one did, and only would have forced overtime if Boswell made the kick. It was an amazing play, and I can see it or something like it being used in normal play to get a much needed first down, now that I've seen how it works in last second heroics.

Maybe I should have said "looked more chaotic"? The way it unfolded, with the runners looking around to find their guy they had to pass to, adjusting their speed and position to make sure it was a legal lateral, it had an improvisational feel. Like it was obviously a lateral, probably even double lateral play as designed, but it looked more like a scramble drill than what the Steelers play was.

Watch it again and look at the blockers. It’s designed to create a lane on the far right.

Drake cutting back to the inside is why it worked, not the design, but oddly enough a Miami announcer knew the play

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

seiferguy posted:

Kirk Cousins might not be the answer!

NFC East fans been knowed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A rat crept softly through the vegetation