Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I also still need a team if anyone wants to team up with the self proclaimed Super Smash Bros. prodigy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also a good storyline I think if Bob and EE team up and lose. So there's narrative possibilities to consider.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kongming posted:

I also still need a team if anyone wants to team up with the self proclaimed Super Smash Bros. prodigy.

would you like to team up with me, a noob?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
My qualifications include winning the Waku Waku 7 tournament by continuously spamming one move. Expect that kind of ingenuity when you team with me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive teamed up with sofiacoppola who is also very good at the game but i think its a better idea to push it back so all the newbies aren't newbies, but whatever. anything can happen in 2v2s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm down for the invitational but I'm just buying the game today so I'd like some time to play around and unlock some characters. Plus I haven't really played a Smash game since Melee

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

ive teamed up with sofiacoppola who is also very good at the game but i think its a better idea to push it back so all the newbies aren't newbies, but whatever. anything can happen in 2v2s

i will commit to being a smash noob for the rest of my life

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i went online last night and won a 4 way match on a scrolling mario stage by being jigglypuff and staying away from people, owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about we do it in 15 minutes?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

it isn't really an invitational if there are open signups... kinda undermines the prestige of the brand imo

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

i went online last night and won a 4 way match on a scrolling mario stage by being jigglypuff and staying away from people, owned

pro move

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can you queue up as a Duo Squad and take on al comer’s.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For some reason Hizke has dropped out of the tournament and I'm looking for a new partner.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

For some reason

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

For some reason Hizke has dropped out of the tournament and I'm looking for a new partner.
When is it happening?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

When is it happening?
Sunday Sunday Sunday.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

Sunday Sunday Sunday.
What time?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
IDK I'd assume a completely normal time of somewhere between 3pm-7pm depending on your time zone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

When is it happening?

Read the OP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Read the OP.
Okay well I'm free Sunday, I'll make sure to wear my big titty gothiest outfit.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I wont be home until like 8/9 on Sunday. I vote we push it another week.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hizke posted:

I wont be home until like 8/9 on Sunday. I vote we push it another week.

Anything for you. i mean, that'd be cool yeah, i've BEEN saying that,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There is no conceivable way I get any better at this game given an extra week so I say let's still do it Sunday. You will all be bored of Smash in another week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The idea of a tourney is you keep doing it every week. Idk why everyone assumes after Sunday we are all going to uninstall Smash.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I got the invite letter but the dursleys won't let me go. sorry guys

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The idea of a tourney is you keep doing it every week. Idk why everyone assumes after Sunday we are all going to uninstall Smash.
Because this game with an insane collection of characters, levels, tracks, items, modes, etc. won't stay fun more than a week.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

When was the second Waku Waku 7 tourney bitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

When was the second Waku Waku 7 tourney bitch.

Hurr.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*after running monthly tournaments on Fightcade for a year* Alright...but that's it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been a lot of confusion about this so I'll just leave this here to clear the air about rules.

Banned glitches:[edit]
Freeze Glitch
Yo-yo glitch (discretion of tournament organizer)
Name Entry glitch and its derivatives
Soul breaker Glitch
Banned Stalling Techniques:[edit]
Repeated rising Pound
Repeated Peach Bomber on a wall
Luigi Ladder
N.B. The rising pound and Peach Bomber on the wall are only banned if they are being used to stall. Using them to recover is acceptable.
Other techniques[edit]
Wobbling (discretion of tournament organizer)

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
if luigi ladder is banned then im loving out. noich noich noich.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Been a lot of confusion about this so I'll just leave this here to clear the air about rules.
Banned Stalling Techniques:[edit]
Luigi Ladder
ahh gently caress

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ol yeller posted:

this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Repeated rising Pound? Sounds like Friday night to me lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ll be ready Sunday at 8 partner or not. Also, I go to bed at 9:30