Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

honestly it was just another vote for the highest poster before I afked and do other stuff

what, it was the start of the day. I think I'm allowed to do whatever.

I'll reread in a bit, but I'm gonna say that DB is already dead wrong. And they're a replacement too *wink wink*

TM says here they threw down a vote on the "highest poster" but they voted jimmy, who is not the highest poster by any metric I can think of. Then they defend it by saying they voted at the start of the day and who cares, right? Except

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote jimmy

that's it. that's the vote.

Combine that with the poo poo about being a replacement (which is an odd thing to say considering the other replacement was a mis-lunched backup) and boy do I not feel good about TM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Flying Leatherman posted:

My initial takeaway from yesterday is that Hum trying to float Jimmy as a vote target later in the day yesterday doesn't feel great to me in light of the AA flip.

oh we're back to this, cool

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

oh we're back to this, cool

to clarify: I was expressing that it was way too late in the day and the thread was way too inactive for us to be able to change to a jimmy lunch. I also expressed that it would be seen as a lurker lunch which is never a great idea when someone's dropped a pretty solid case on the vote leader.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is it enough to try and make a jimmy vote happen? Feels like a lurker vote which is uh...bad?

Mr. Humalong posted:

90 minutes until deadline soooooooooo

my posts on that very topic

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It had been 3 days aince you replaced in, I think I should be able to vote you by now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mr. Humalong posted:

TM says here they threw down a vote on the "highest poster" but they voted jimmy, who is not the highest poster by any metric I can think of. Then they defend it by saying they voted at the start of the day and who cares, right? Except

Obviously at that point, I thought MMT and you were town, though Im regretting my stance at this point.

Im sorry that you think that my post, made literally minutes after Max opened the thread was supposed to be filled with hard analysis or whatever.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Im sure DB played enough to understand the scum replacement logic by now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Mr. Humalong posted:

that's it. that's the vote.

Why would scum do that?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hum, thoughts on DB?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Im sure DB played enough to understand the scum replacement logic by now.

look, if it's a BK meta that's one thing.

replacements on it's own is not alignment indicative.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
but yeah, double down on terrible logic

you have Dick Bastardly's seal of approval :thumbsup:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The last time I played mafia by only replacing in, I was scum most of the time.

I dont think we can say that replacements are alignment neutral, especially when it's with fellow goons.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Do you have another suspicion on anyone else? Because pointing fingers at me is a bit of a cop out at the point, let's be frank.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like the "replacements are/aren't scum" isn't a productive line of discussion.

Who's everyone's strongest suspect this game based on their posts this game?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
DB is definitely my number 1 FOS. Their odd behavior yesterday is a bit suspect and I dont like that they had not really commented on anything today except throw suspicion onto me with some light townreading on FL.

And the whole "woah contradiction TM said he wont vote replacements" is a bit silly when I voted IP on day 2, and it's only a problem now when it's day 4? And honestly I have no idea how my statement can be read as "wont vote replacements forever" rather than "wont vote replacements on the day they replace in".

It feels like a lazy read, a kneejerk reaction to my casual shade.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Pod, what's your read on FL?

Town, because of this:

Flying Leatherman posted:

It’s this one. We’re on day 4, and scum should be getting nervous at this point as with enough town checks the game could be sufficiently solved...today or tomorrow, I think.

Four scum in a 13-player game?

because it's made me decide to stop sitting on this:

Podima posted:

Rome is burning!

##vote beek da meek

I am Fiddler's Green, Dreaming aligned Cop. But wait, there's more!

Night 1 - Solus so I could cut the Gordian's knot of whether the emotional appeal was real or not. NOT TOWN
Night 2 - Murmur Twin to confirm my gut feelings/town read for the most active player at the time. NOT TOWN
Night 3 - Jimmy to confirm my case at the end of the day. TOWN

Yep, I'm likely an Insane Cop since Max is a jerkbutt. (Brief setup aside - a Doc/Backup/Insane Cop is actually a pretty funny way to balance it since the backup could potentially be useless if the insane cop doesn't claim results before death?)

I wasn't gonna claim just yet in case I could push the case without having to, but Jimmy's the third and last scum per OP so done and dusted.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh. Sorry DB if true.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

!!!

##unvote

Hmmm on paper I feel like there's no reason to disbelieve Pod here but I'll give Jimmy a chance to respond first.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Oh, hey.

I absolutely believe the claim, because if Pod is lying town wins tomorrow anyway.

I'll also await Jimmy's response, but I think that pretty much does it, if you ask me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

DB is definitely my number 1 FOS. Their odd behavior yesterday is a bit suspect and I dont like that they had not really commented on anything today except throw suspicion onto me with some light townreading on FL.

And the whole "woah contradiction TM said he wont vote replacements" is a bit silly when I voted IP on day 2, and it's only a problem now when it's day 4? And honestly I have no idea how my statement can be read as "wont vote replacements forever" rather than "wont vote replacements on the day they replace in".

It feels like a lazy read, a kneejerk reaction to my casual shade.

I just thought it as odd that you would suss me and then suggest against voting me my first game day. Why suss me at all then? It reads like your setting me up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why not throw suspicion when you can die in any day?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Podima posted:

Yep, I'm likely an Insane Cop since Max is a jerkbutt.

:monocle: :peanut:

will withhold vote as well, but if this is true then :hfive: Pod

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Why not throw suspicion when you can die in any day?

it doesn't matter now. you're good in my book per Pod's revelation.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I was wondering when the cop would claim. I was afraid they had managed to have the bad luck of copping every NK target or something.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Podima posted:

Town, because of this:

because it's made me decide to stop sitting on this:

I am Fiddler's Green, Dreaming aligned Cop. But wait, there's more!

Night 1 - Solus so I could cut the Gordian's knot of whether the emotional appeal was real or not. NOT TOWN
Night 2 - Murmur Twin to confirm my gut feelings/town read for the most active player at the time. NOT TOWN

Yep, I'm likely an Insane Cop since Max is a jerkbutt. (Brief setup aside - a Doc/Backup/Insane Cop is actually a pretty funny way to balance it since the backup could potentially be useless if the insane cop doesn't claim results before death?)

I wasn't gonna claim just yet in case I could push the case without having to, but Jimmy's the third and last scum per OP so done and dusted.

Uh lol. This is complete bullshit.

##vote Pod

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I don’t know what Pod’s game is here. If he is scum, it’s a very ambitious gambit that will blow up in his face when I flip town when lynched. Unless it’s MYLO, which I very much doubt considering we’ve lynched two scum and are only on day 4.

If he’s town, then this is a really misguided effort on his part to lynch someone he finds suspicious. If this is the case, I don’t really know why he is so insistent on me being scum.

It’s actually sorta hilarious.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Even if there’s 4 scum and jimmy flips town this wouldn’t be MYLO so I’m ok working off the claimed cop. Either we get scum or we find out Pod is scum, imo

Unless someone can counterclaim with some drat good investigation results in the next 12 hours I’m comfortable with ##vote jimmy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

In the event jimmy flips scum (which I think is incredibly likely) and the game does not end I would look to DB first and then probably TM. DB has done a lot of surface-level reads and his only really deep read has been on TM who is honestly a pretty easy target.

On the other hand, TM has done some really confusing stuff and I’m not sure if it’s a lack of effort or a show to throw everyone off the scent. Like yeah scum would probably not make posts like TM did at the start of today but that’s exactly why it would be genius to do it as scum.

Just in case I get NKed.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Obviously if jimmy flips town it’s Pod and MMT and we’ve all been completely bamboozled

That’s my AA-tier theory, anyway

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m willing to fall on the sword.

##vote jimmy

Who wants to pull the trigger?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My claim is Portcullis and I’m Vanilla. I’m essentially a butler that has a gate for a face or something. It’s a pretty nothing claim so I’m happy to die to bring the truth forward.

I’m honestly more inclined towards Pod being Town for this because if he is the last scum, which is a decent possibility considering the number of players in the game, doing a gambit like this just to get me out seems horribly misguided and he’d pretty much be ousted next evening.

Then again, he’s good enough I can see him talking his way out so :shrug:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Either we win today or tomorrow. ##vote jimmy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye jimmydalad!

Votecount for Day 4

jimmydalad (4): Tired Moritz, Podima, Tired Moritz, Mr. Humalong, jimmydalad, Flying Leatherman
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, jimmydalad
Tired Moritz (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
Dick Bastardly (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (3): Dick Bastardly, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 14 hours, 27 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

"It is time."

Dream stood in his London office, wrapped in a black shroud, towering over the figure of Portculis.

"Master, I never would dream . . . "

"Correct, you never will dream."

Dream raises his finger, aimed at the man with a gate in his head.

"It seems your gatekeepers can't help but die in your employ."

Dream unmade him on the spot.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jimmydalad, Portculis, Dreaming Aligned (Town), vanilla, was unmade by Dream Day 4.

It is now Night 4. Actions.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Delirium ran through the halls of The Dreaming. Her older brother had left her in charge (had he taken leave of his senses?) while he was off dealing with his remaining dreams. Bubbles followed behind her.

“Hello bubble, I will name you Richard III. What shall we do tonight?”

Delirium peered inwards towards the bubble, and saw a face in the reflection.

It was a face of perfection. The face that had launched a thousand ships on Troy. The face that had driven entire viking clans wild with bloodlust, ending in an orgy of blood. The face that would even stop the likes of the Martian Manhunter. A face that, to each and every living thing, was the perfect match.

For Delirium, it was just their older sibling.

“What are you doing here, D-”

She was grabbed, and whisked away into a different domain. It would take 100 years before her older brother Destruction would find her.

MMT, Delirium, Dreaming Aligned (Town) Vanilla, was abducted from the Dreaming Night 4 (yes she was night killed)

Day 5. Deadline is Sunday at 9PM EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Dick Bastardly, Flying Leatherman, Mr. Humalong, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.