Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't care about convincing you otherwise just keep it to yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

the secret is we are all bad at mafia

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

the secret is we are all bad at mafia

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I like pod's posting. Getting good vibes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

I like pod's posting. Getting good vibes.

How’s his stuff in scumchat?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

lol if you know what mmt is going to flip you're scum laying the groundwork for a case on town.

No because if you were scum doing it to scum you’d not unvote and explain to everyone when you would vote next. You’re trying to walk back from leading the lynch. That’s not town play.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

No because if you were scum doing it to scum you’d not unvote and explain to everyone when you would vote next. You’re trying to walk back from leading the lynch. That’s not town play.

Lol, I hope everyone remembers me as the town that caught scum. I seriously doubt people would forget me pushing MMT out of no where even if I unvoted. I'm not sure how that quantifies 'Walking back'. Or whether walking back is a strategy that scum actually do very often, or even a strategy that makes sense for scum. Scum wouldn't mind MMT sitting at -2 or -1 the whole day, and scum love quick lynches.

##vote MMT

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I frequently scum hammer as scum, I don't care where my vote is because its wifom in the end. I vote scum as scum.

I'm town right now, and you people say my case is bad. And because you say my case is bad I'm scum. That's wrong, town has bad cases.

People say that I'm scum for making leaps of logic in thread, for walking away to see people's reactions. All town has is this thread to work with. Scum will do all their thinking in scumdoc. The more effort we put in the more likely we are to win.

People like TM, Kash, MMT, and AA sitting in the back unknown with hidden thoughts, that's the best way to play. Yet you're casing and voting the top poster cause I'm the only one with content on the board.

You folks should be ashamed of yourselves.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Mmm, I agree with Pod.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Toalpaz I just woke up!!!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

Please expand on the bolded bit, do you feel Humalong is scum attempting to rush the 10 post minimum or is your issue more with something else? The usage of the word "quota" is what catches my eye.

Partly yes, also partly because I wanted to kill jokephase and went with the strongest read I had. Not that his more recent posts are anything to write home about either, though, now that we're another day in. So far it feels like content lurking.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Murmur Twin (5): Flying Leatherman, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, hambeet, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (3): Mr. Humalong, merk, Podima
SolusLunes (2): Murmur Twin, Kashuno
Flying Leatherman (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Tired Moritz (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, BottleKnight
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
hambeet (0): merk, merk
Mr. Humalong (0): Kashuno, BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, BottleKnight, Kashuno
BottleKnight (0): Podima, Podima

Not Voting (1): jimmydalad

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 40 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sorry my incisive reads have gone over your head

I’ll try not to immediately find scum on day 2

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Humalong’s Day1 Posts

Incisive reads

Pick one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Why even mention the "unless they are both scum bussing one another" thing? That's weird, even for AA. Also I patently disagree with the bolded line.

That's not weird. That's a reasonable degree of hedge. It's day 1, and I'm not certain about anything. These are just my opinions.

Also I don't think it's farfetched that their play could be parsed as bussing, if MMTs vote and stance didn't come across as so opportunistic, I'd say that it looked like both of them were picking innocuous things to harp on.

However, like I said, MMTs stance seems so contrary when considering what needs to be done to actually win this game. I get it but she's just accusing FL of being "artificial" when he's trying to actually get into some real content and that seems entirely "artificial".

It's a non-argument.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

looking at merk's posting history, I'd appreciate some reads on pod and mmt, or whoever else you want.

It's a couple of no content posts and 4 posts tunneling me. Which is odd day one imo.

As we enter D2 I'm sure people would appreciate a D1 Merk opinions on more than just me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That's not weird. That's a reasonable degree of hedge. It's day 1, and I'm not certain about anything. These are just my opinions.

Also I don't think it's farfetched that their play could be parsed as bussing, if MMTs vote and stance didn't come across as so opportunistic, I'd say that it looked like both of them were picking innocuous things to harp on.

However, like I said, MMTs stance seems so contrary when considering what needs to be done to actually win this game. I get it but she's just accusing FL of being "artificial" when he's trying to actually get into some real content and that seems entirely "artificial".

It's a non-argument.

The irony of five people jumping on me for my first vote of the game "being opportunistic" is flooring me at the moment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

People voting for me, what are your thoughts on Solus? Do you agree with him that it's shady how I was "throwing my vote around" at the start of the game?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

The irony of five people jumping on me for my first vote of the game "being opportunistic" is flooring me at the moment.

I was the first to call it as such, care to elaborate on why it isnt?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote FL

Generally speaking, my d1 approach is to look for posts that sound town but don't feel like things town would think this early in the game. Associating anything in jokephase as "shady" (as opposed to "insignificant for the most part") feels like a fake opinion.

fwiw I think this last AA post blows anything FL said out of the water regarding "things that sound town but aren't actually conclusions a town player would come to". It was my first non-jokephase post of D1, of course it was me nitpicking something relatively innocuous to vote on. Are you saying town doesn't do that?

Right now I'd vote AA or Solus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I wish I had more solid opinions, but I definitely think the attacks on MMT are incorrect

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I was the first to call it as such, care to elaborate on why it isnt?

So you think it's normal that I'm at -2 for my first seriouspost of the game?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

fwiw I think this last AA post blows anything FL said out of the water regarding "things that sound town but aren't actually conclusions a town player would come to". It was my first non-jokephase post of D1, of course it was me nitpicking something relatively innocuous to vote on. Are you saying town doesn't do that?

Right now I'd vote AA or Solus.

No, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sorry my incisive reads have gone over your head

Quality content here for sure. :allears:

Murmur Twin posted:

People voting for me, what are your thoughts on Solus? Do you agree with him that it's shady how I was "throwing my vote around" at the start of the game?

I don't agree with his reasoning (3 of your early votes were jokephasey and some people throw votes around in jokephase) but that doesn't have anything to do with my reasoning, which I stand behind.

when he's trying
Could you use "she" for me? Thanks :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Or, to put it better: what opportunity do you think I was jumping at, and why is that less shady to you than the momentum on me?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

It's a non-argument.

AA - is this quoted part related to the reason you're voting for me?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

you and jimmy didn't make four votes in a short period of time

I would argue that the two of your votes were less opportunistic but if you want me to view you through a more suspicious lens this can certainly be arranged

I'd really really like to hear peoples' opinions on this post because it screams fake to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Flying Leatherman posted:

Quality content here for sure. :allears:

I don't agree with his reasoning (3 of your early votes were jokephasey and some people throw votes around in jokephase) but that doesn't have anything to do with my reasoning, which I stand behind.

Could you use "she" for me? Thanks :)

My apologies, FL!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

##vote MMT

It's a tale as old as time.

First it starts off as an ambiguous throw away line 'too serious for joke phase.'

That's seriously hedging Jimmy. Then the reason is explained later and shifts to 'FL is thinking scum thoughts instead of town thoughts' because the vote that could be a joke vote is becoming a push and MMT needs to save face and come up with a reason for arguing with FL now.

I think town would have dropped that convo, and I like AA's case.

This is why for me, the vote starts off as a joke vote. (You places a vote on FL earlier, that's what I mean). You get some push back from FL, then you dig in with a real half baked argument.

I don't think that your read 'Town FL wouldn't come to think like that' is right, and I think you deliberately picked someone that was posting game theory stuff/complaining about d1 because that usually reads null and doesn't blow up like it has today.

Nothing about FL's posting early on reads as insincere or as thoughts scum would think, and I don't know how you can get to that conclusion other then as scum trying to save face and think of a reason to vote FL. I don't think town would have made that statement or come to that conclusion d1.

This is your vote:

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote FL

Generally speaking, my d1 approach is to look for posts that sound town but don't feel like things town would think this early in the game. Associating anything in jokephase as "shady" (as opposed to "insignificant for the most part") feels like a fake opinion.

This reasoning in my mind is such a stretch, all it could be is scum trying to find a way to engage. Furthermore all of Pod's and Merk's participation in the game has been defending you by attacking your voters. I find it hard to believe that scum isn't involved.

You asked for reads on Solus. Nothing really sticks out to me as scummy. Sorry, that's the truth. Everything Solus has done seems like something I could expect town Solus to do.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

Yeah at this point I'm not really thinking much about that first case I made on you, outside of being gobsmacked that people are thinking I was trying to prevent game content from forming. I'd call you a null read.

Going back to Solus: he threw down the fourth vote on me, citing "she was throwing her vote around" as the reason. Do you think that that's a valid case, an incorrect read, or scum jumping on a vote that was gaining momentum with a fake reason to justify it?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

I'd really really like to hear peoples' opinions on this post because it screams fake to me.

I think that it's incorrect, but I like my argument against you.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

You asked for reads on Solus. Nothing really sticks out to me as scummy. Sorry, that's the truth. Everything Solus has done seems like something I could expect town Solus to do.

He referenced my jokephase votes that were pretty clearly jokes as the reason he's voting for me. Do you agree or disagree with that?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

Nothing about FL's posting early on reads as insincere or as thoughts scum would think, and I don't know how you can get to that conclusion other then as scum trying to save face and think of a reason to vote FL. I don't think town would have made that statement or come to that conclusion d1.

Why not?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

AA - is this quoted part related to the reason you're voting for me?

I mean... yeah, p much exactly???

Murmur Twin posted:

Or, to put it better: what opportunity do you think I was jumping at, and why is that less shady to you than the momentum on me?

Opportunistic in the sense that Player A: Flying Leatherman didn't really participate in jokephase and Player B: Yourself has jumped on that in such a way that doesn't actually lend itself to solving the game IMO.

Playerbase: Joking
Player A: This specific thing looks weird.
Player B: Hmm, too serious for jokephase votes Player A

Me: hmmm

Player A: Omgus votes Player B

Player A & B have back and forth.

Me: hmmm

Playerbase: :hmmyes:

Me: :hmmyes:

but like I said it could also be...

Scum Player A: This is weird
Scum Player B: You're weird.

~fake argument~

me: hmm :tinfoil:

playerbase: these 2 are acting weird, but Player B certainly looks weirder

me: :hmmyes:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
In either case, you come up looking bad to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opportunistic in the sense that Player A: Flying Leatherman didn't really participate in jokephase and Player B: Yourself has jumped on that in such a way that doesn't actually lend itself to solving the game IMO.

And have my subsequent posts, almost none of which have had to do with FL, updated or influenced your opinion at all?

Do you acknowledge right now that it's Solus, not FL, who I am most suspicious of?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I think I just need to walk away for a bit and see what other people think because

- people are accusing me of trying to stifle game content, despite the fact that my vote was the thing that has generated the most game content
- people are accusing me of being opportunistic while ignoring the fact that five people have voted for me based on my literal first serious post of the game
- people don't seem to have any issue with Solus painting my jokephase votes as a literal reason to vote for me

and it's kind of getting me steamed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

And have my subsequent posts, almost none of which have had to do with FL, updated or influenced your opinion at all?

Do you acknowledge right now that it's Solus, not FL, who I am most suspicious of?

I will admit I've kind of latched on myself and that is a bit unfair. The universe combined with my own base idiocy has resulted in a cosmic dump of perfect storm so I kind of just saw everyone going "yes, that makes sense" and felt good about my case.

We have some time. I'll reread in a bit.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will be RPing as imgay for the rest of this game now