Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty sure scum team is MMT, Pod, and Jimmy.

Just lol if you think that original post I made with three names is particularly bad. It's day one and I wanted to start serious conversations, in a time where there was little to no content. I made that post in response for someone asking for meta reads, if you'd care to look for context.

I gave meta reads, I got responses. Life is good as town.

This is the kind of stuff I think you'd try and pick apart as scum Pod.

Toalpaz posted:

I frequently scum hammer as scum, I don't care where my vote is because its wifom in the end. I vote scum as scum.

I'm town right now, and you people say my case is bad. And because you say my case is bad I'm scum. That's wrong, town has bad cases.

People say that I'm scum for making leaps of logic in thread, for walking away to see people's reactions. All town has is this thread to work with. Scum will do all their thinking in scumdoc. The more effort we put in the more likely we are to win.

People like TM, Kash, MMT, and AA sitting in the back unknown with hidden thoughts, that's the best way to play. Yet you're casing and voting the top poster cause I'm the only one with content on the board.

You folks should be ashamed of yourselves.

Toalpaz posted:

That was an interesting exit off of the MMT vote and has been noted FL.

Toalpaz posted:

Solus is always an easy scum push and it isn't happening today.

I'd rather vote Merk for meta reasons over Solus, it seems like his scum game. I feel like a couple hours before deadline he'll whip up a case against someone as a find if we put pressure on him so why not.

I'd like to vote MMT, or Merk. I disagree with Pod but I think that Merk's posting stands out as susp.

Toal, your thoughts on who is scum are all over the place. You’ve thrown suspicion on pretty much every person in the game except for Solus, BottleKnight and Mr Humalong. Apart from MMT, it feels like there hasn’t been a consistent through line on your thoughts on scum. You heavily threw suspicion on me in the beginning of the day and now you aren’t even mentioning me in the conversation of voting for scum. It feels like names are just being thrown out there and you’re seeing which ones are able to gain momentum.

##vote Toalpaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

hambeet posted:

i do agree with the meta thing on merk. i just played scum with him in yami's game and he's vibing me here.

BUT

toalpaz pushing that when i'm a wee bit suss on toalpaz gives me pause. especially when in the same post it comes across more about not wanting to vote solus :

toalpaz interplay with solus is interesting which humma raised and it makes me go h(u)mmm(a)

My post isn't about not wanting to vote solus so taking merk as a runner up.

I think solus is town so I wont vote someone who I have a null/town read on.

You can question interplay all I want, but it's utterly meaningless until we have some flips. I think even if you vote and I flip town, it wouldn't answer any questions about solus for you.

I think this is scummy to suggest a connection, when the connection is that I don't have a scum read on solus. I could say there's a connection between AA and MMT, Hambeet and MMT, Humalong and MMT, TM and MMT, simply because they're not voting each other. That may well be true, but I don't use it as arguments to vote someone, because that's utterly unsubstantiated. We have to assume that people's reads are at least somewhat honest for the first section of the game and vote based on their quality.

If you're going to suggest links because I have a read on someone at least wait until I flip, and not speculate baselessly on no info and use that as basis for flipping me. You're jumping a step in logic. We don't have any info on solus's alignment or mine. So prove that one of us is scum before you decide that we're scum defending each other.

You might point out that I suggested that there may be a connection between FL and MMT.

My case on MMT isn't about them working together to be scum, my case on MMT is about making a joke vote, having a weird discussion, and then making the vote serious for reasons I suspect are scummy. I understand that the connection is a possibility, but that isn't the basis of my case.

that's the kind of nothing case that looks scummy, it's not a great case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

My post isn't about not wanting to vote solus so taking merk as a runner up.

I think solus is town so I wont vote someone who I have a null/town read on.

You can question interplay all I want, but it's utterly meaningless until we have some flips. I think even if you vote and I flip town, it wouldn't answer any questions about solus for you.

okay

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Toal, your thoughts on who is scum are all over the place. You’ve thrown suspicion on pretty much every person in the game except for Solus, BottleKnight and Mr Humalong. Apart from MMT, it feels like there hasn’t been a consistent through line on your thoughts on scum. You heavily threw suspicion on me in the beginning of the day and now you aren’t even mentioning me in the conversation of voting for scum. It feels like names are just being thrown out there and you’re seeing which ones are able to gain momentum.

##vote Toalpaz

You're wrong Jimmy,

I've been consistent enough.

I'd say scum team so far is MMT, Merk and Jimmy.

I threw your name out twice because I did some thinking and it's what I wanted at the time. But we can only lunch one person at a time.

You folks can say all you want about needing to stay consistent, but as town we need to entertain a variety of possibilities. MMT has been my case all day and it's foolish to expect me to bury my head in the sand and not respond to people. I've only voted twice this game, and all for the same person. I'm hardly hedging or throwing people's names around. I've been crying out kill MMT all game. I've been hoping that my heart reaches town. I know that posting a lot just makes you a target, but I can't look away. I need to find the truth.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also just lol on saying I heavily threw susp on you. I mentioned you twice and you've obsessed about it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz would you no lynch over solus?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I-I know I'm relatively new on the roster here... If I had to guess, I feel despair emanating from these three the most.

Jimmy.

AA.

MMT.

Hey, hey, did I get you scum?

Toalpaz posted:

##vote MMT

It's a tale as old as time.

First it starts off as an ambiguous throw away line 'too serious for joke phase.'

That's seriously hedging Jimmy. Then the reason is explained later and shifts to 'FL is thinking scum thoughts instead of town thoughts' because the vote that could be a joke vote is becoming a push and MMT needs to save face and come up with a reason for arguing with FL now.

I think town would have dropped that convo, and I like AA's case.

Toalpaz posted:

haha

chuchu here comes the scumtrain

Toalpaz posted:

Just lol if you think that original post I made with three names is particularly bad. It's day one and I wanted to start serious conversations, in a time where there was little to no content. I made that post in response for someone asking for meta reads, if you'd care to look for context.

You’ve thrown my name out twice as scum, have inferred my actions as scummy and the only thing you’ve expanded on is me being hedgey. You mentioned me being scummy a lot early on. Don’t try and rewrite stuff.0

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

You’ve thrown my name out twice as scum, have inferred my actions as scummy and the only thing you’ve expanded on is me being hedgey. You mentioned me being scummy a lot early on. Don’t try and rewrite stuff.0

Jimmy, I'm afraid you misread the second post at least.

I'm saying that what MMT had done was seriously hedgy, writing a joke post and then following up with a serious post. Not referring to you, but offering it up as an example of real hedgyness.

So that's one post where I name you out of nowhere, another where you and hambeet post simultaneously and I say it's a scum rush.

and the third one where I mention that I threw your name out twice before, quoting it after you made that comment but treating it as evidence all the same.

You're personal investment in my posts is clouding your vision.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

i do agree with the meta thing on merk. i just played scum with him in yami's game and he's vibing me here.

BUT

toalpaz pushing that when i'm a wee bit suss on toalpaz gives me pause. especially when in the same post it comes across more about not wanting to vote solus :

Also if Hambeet returns here and uses my flip to justify voting merk tomorrow he's scum setting up a chain lunch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Toalpaz would you no lynch over solus?

I always vote to avoid no lunch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I want to lynch Toal.

Toal:
  • is approaching the thread in an awkward way that looks fake;
  • is trying to discredit votes against him by misrepresenting cases; and
  • really didn't think his MMT case would go anywhere and backed away from it to no longer be its leader.

is approaching the thread in an awkward way that looks fake

------

Toalpaz posted:

Anyways I'm basically a magical girl so uh, I'm also very town. That's my epic jokephase content. Thanks for reading! I think this quality posting is typical of Humalong, and I'm not convinced this is a scumalong game yet.

-------

Toalpaz posted:

I frequently scum hammer as scum, I don't care where my vote is because its wifom in the end. I vote scum as scum.

[......]

You folks should be ashamed of yourselves.

is trying to discredit votes against him by misrepresenting cases

My case on Toal has nothing to do with his case on MMT, but he wants you to think it does because it distracts from the real scummy thing he did which he can't explain. Here is my case:

merk posted:

Toal looks like someone who setup a case on town, didn't think it'd get this much traction, and now is trying to figure out how to look not real bad when she flips.

Toalpaz posted:

what exactly is it about my case that's bad too? Or are you just basing your vote off of made up intentions that have no evidence?

Do you not think spending time talking this out is good for town?

really didn't think his MMT case would go anywhere and backed away from it to no longer be its leader

Toalpaz posted:

##vote MMT

First it starts off as an ambiguous throw away line 'too serious for joke phase.'

That's seriously hedging Jimmy. Then the reason is explained later and shifts to 'FL is thinking scum thoughts instead of town thoughts' because the vote that could be a joke vote is becoming a push and MMT needs to save face and come up with a reason for arguing with FL now.

Toalpaz posted:

haha

chuchu here comes the scumtrain

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

no need to end the day

Toalpaz posted:

lol MMT is my best bet for now but I'd like to see her response.

I think I'll vote at like... 8 hours from now. I wouldn't mind ending today after tonights discussion for NA people.

Toalpaz posted:

merk posted:

No because if you were scum doing it to scum you’d not unvote and explain to everyone when you would vote next. You’re trying to walk back from leading the lynch. That’s not town play.

Toalpaz posted:

Lol, I hope everyone remembers me as the town that caught scum. I seriously doubt people would forget me pushing MMT out of no where even if I unvoted. I'm not sure how that quantifies 'Walking back'. Or whether walking back is a strategy that scum actually do very often, or even a strategy that makes sense for scum. Scum wouldn't mind MMT sitting at -2 or -1 the whole day, and scum love quick lynches.

##vote MMT

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Now, I'll read MMT.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Also if Hambeet returns here and uses my flip to justify voting merk tomorrow he's scum setting up a chain lunch.

lower case 'h' plz

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Flying Leatherman posted:

I think I'd feel a lot better able to jump in if it did. I never really "get" jokephase either. I think the secret, though, is to be the change you wish to see in the world. For example, I'm going to ##vote humalong for all of the posts that he made that felt designed to meet a quota. I know it's jokephase and all, but the volume felt forced.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote FL

Too genuine for jokephase

I hated this post until I read this post:

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote FL

Generally speaking, my d1 approach is to look for posts that sound town but don't feel like things town would think this early in the game. Associating anything in jokephase as "shady" (as opposed to "insignificant for the most part") feels like a fake opinion.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

##vote MMT

I think you saw MMT's first post (which in a vacuum looks scummy for d1) and thought you could pounce on her with a real looking vote. You didn't look at how her FL vote gets a lot better when she explains "too genuine" in her next post about FL. This is "gotcha" scum hunting, and that's how scum play. You didn't want to actually think about MMT's vote; you just wanted to make a vote that you could get away with making.

When poo poo started hitting the fan with other players voting her, you wanted out of it. Unless I missed it, you didn't even comment on anyone's alignment in particular voting MMT besides to wave away all of the votes as a scum train.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Man, Toal is scum. This is the right vote today. Join me or be remembered on the wrong side of history.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Solus is always an easy scum push and it isn't happening today.

I'd rather vote Merk for meta reasons over Solus, it seems like his scum game. I feel like a couple hours before deadline he'll whip up a case against someone as a find if we put pressure on him so why not.

I'd like to vote MMT, or Merk. I disagree with Pod but I think that Merk's posting stands out as susp.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SolusLunes posted:

With MMT flopping her vote around four different times, I also don't see it as a defense of humalong, but more of an opportunistic vote.

##vote MMT

This is a very bad vote on MMT. The initial justification doesn't make sense. Throwing your vote around early d1 is not a scum tell. If anything, I'd say it moves the needle towards town because it draws unnecessary attention to yourself.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

how predictable

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

A couple hours before deadline merk will happen to be in a hotel in Cleveland with no work to do and can play mafia. This must be his scum game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I've always felt empty quoting your own posts is the pictionary equivalent of angrily circling your drawing when your team mate isn't getting it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

this is what you do every game, you disappear until deadline then scare town into voting for who you want.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

this is what you do every game, you disappear until deadline then scare town into voting for who you want.

I do that regardless of alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

hambeet posted:

I've always felt empty quoting your own posts is the pictionary equivalent of angrily circling your drawing when your team mate isn't getting it.

Best Pictionary joke 2018:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NuwSHKGl30

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

This analogy made me cackle ngl.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal preemptively discrediting the case he knows I'm going to make is up there in the top 10 scummy things I've seen since my return to SA.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Merk: Trying to understand your characterization of Toal as leading the MMT push. Could you elaborate? Their vote came after other people's votes and reasoning. I just went back and re-read and I'd argue that they were not the main driver of votes there.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

This thread is bringing out one goldmine after another :allears:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote toalpaz

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Flying Leatherman posted:

Merk: Trying to understand your characterization of Toal as leading the MMT push. Could you elaborate? Their vote came after other people's votes and reasoning. I just went back and re-read and I'd argue that they were not the main driver of votes there.

The only vote with content before Toal was AA. I guess I didn't think much of the AA vote because AA didn't walk back on it like Toal did once votes followed.

I will reread.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay, if I die I don't want anyone to say 'sorry toal, we'll try harder' because that frustrates me more okay? Especially you scum!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I promise I will not say that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I will admit I've kind of latched on myself and that is a bit unfair. The universe combined with my own base idiocy has resulted in a cosmic dump of perfect storm so I kind of just saw everyone going "yes, that makes sense" and felt good about my case.

We have some time. I'll reread in a bit.

##unvote

What do you think about MMT now?

Who do you think is scum?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

The only vote with content before Toal was AA.

I'm hurt

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Town lynch town all the time.

No regrets

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I even comment on your vote, FL. Sorry!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you get lynched, it's your fault. Don't blame others because you aren't persuasive.

This is true for any alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I don't think Toal is scum. Their opinions feel fleshed out enough to me to feel honest.

merk posted:

This is a very bad vote on MMT. The initial justification doesn't make sense. Throwing your vote around early d1 is not a scum tell. If anything, I'd say it moves the needle towards town because it draws unnecessary attention to yourself.

What's your opinion of Solus' alignment? Would you vote him today?