Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That’s right surprise motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Scum along!!!!

##vote scumalong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dang if I realized merk was here I would’ve voted merk but once you vote you can’t unvote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Rome is burning!

##vote beek da meek

Lol scum blocking for his scum bro. Can’t beleive I got scumalong and podscum day 1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Im just not very funny, brahs and sistas

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Stop trying to force the end of jokephase

ultra bad post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
THris is a good day 1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

(phoneposting until further notice, my apartment lost power :eng99:)

I think the votes on me look extremely suspect.

##vote solus

So let me get this straight - you legitimately think that me moving my vote around this early in the game was like some scum master plan? And not just me posting whatever because it was the very start of the game?

I agree with this read of solus. It’s bizarre

##vote solus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish I had more solid opinions, but I definitely think the attacks on MMT are incorrect

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hello I've realized I am starting to get sick and feel sleepy I may not be around much.

still agree with MMT re Solus and the way Solus is responding doesn't help

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I went back and read the AA "case" and it isn't really a case much at all. As evidenced by AA not being on the vote now. Toalpaz?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I still like my case.What do you think of it?

Do you have any cases you'd like to make of your own?

I don't have any cases no. I'm spot reading as things catch my interest. I'm like falling asleep at my desk :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I think town would have dropped that convo, and I like AA's case.

Toalpaz posted:

People like TM, Kash, MMT, and AA sitting in the back unknown with hidden thoughts, that's the best way to play. Yet you're casing and voting the top poster cause I'm the only one with content on the board.

You folks should be ashamed of yourselves.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

This is why for me, the vote starts off as a joke vote. (You places a vote on FL earlier, that's what I mean). You get some push back from FL, then you dig in with a real half baked argument.

I don't think that your read 'Town FL wouldn't come to think like that' is right, and I think you deliberately picked someone that was posting game theory stuff/complaining about d1 because that usually reads null and doesn't blow up like it has today.

Nothing about FL's posting early on reads as insincere or as thoughts scum would think, and I don't know how you can get to that conclusion other then as scum trying to save face and think of a reason to vote FL. I don't think town would have made that statement or come to that conclusion d1.

This is your vote:

This reasoning in my mind is such a stretch, all it could be is scum trying to find a way to engage. Furthermore all of Pod's and Merk's participation in the game has been defending you by attacking your voters. I find it hard to believe that scum isn't involved.

You asked for reads on Solus. Nothing really sticks out to me as scummy. Sorry, that's the truth. Everything Solus has done seems like something I could expect town Solus to do.

as far as a case goes, this doesn't really read as something I care about. There's a lot of wifom here for a day one case. I can see why you are confident in your read and I am glad you are being confident and assertive in your reads, but I do not agree here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

Yeah this is where i am at now.

oh word?

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Toalpaz (3): Mr. Humalong, merk, Podima
Murmur Twin (3): Flying Leatherman, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, hambeet, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman
SolusLunes (2): Murmur Twin, Kashuno
Tired Moritz (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, BottleKnight
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Flying Leatherman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz
hambeet (0): merk, merk
Mr. Humalong (0): Kashuno, BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, BottleKnight, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman
BottleKnight (0): Podima, Podima

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman, jimmydalad, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 5 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wake from a NyQuil induces haze

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh good timing I’m the topic

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What were you implying here?

I this I misread looking back at it? I thought toal was shading you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tbh I thibk I could vote merk? He got one over on me before and I feel like the vibe I’m getting is similar but that’s all I got for now. I don’t think it should be pursued today

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How many to lynch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I agree with you on the basis that hanging a lurker is not the right move this late in the day, but I still think people turning away from the cases on Solus because of a single emotional appeal bereft of alignment are making the wrong choice.

Agree here. Scum get as frustrated as town

Solus even if you die and are town I hope you play still. Sometimes there is no winning situation in a d1 thing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote merk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey I finally got my role PM!

I can now say I have learned the merk meta

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
still feeling crappy tho. I will try and reread a bit

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote iPiss

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The thing about the AA vote on me is that

1) I had come up a bit in discussion at that time
2) They made it clear they wouldn't be around
3) The idea of voting someone somewhat on the outside chance of getting lynched paints a target on you. Knowing one of your scumbros was in the top few votees at the time, it'd be nuts to take that risk as scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Also solus was at -1, if I was scum I would have hammered solus and have been done with it.

My push for Kashuno stands. I don't like his end of day vote on merk and it seemed like the resigned vote of a scum who saw no other out for their scumbro.

Anyhow, yeah phone was at 1%, I expressed what I could before my phone died, and then vanished because phone was dead and I was still very much busy with life at that point in time.

I forgot it was EST in all honesty deadline was rough for me yesterday.

Anyhow, what up IP?

Defend a person as town and the come in and call ya scum. :negative:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ya let's nip the 3p chat in the bud for now.

If someone is non-town, why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

I’m suspicious of the latter because they were the ones who tried to move the initial vote off of Merk and onto Solus. He was one of the more stubborn votes to swing over onto Merk and I feel like it could have been his hand being forced or his game would’ve blown up. After all, he had said before that Merk was suspicious. It shouldn’t have been so hard for him to jump ship when he realised Solus wasn’t happening.

I feel like this is really weak logic. You can desperately want something to happen and not be happy when you have to give it up. Especially if sus on someone but not feeling like there's a strong case.

I'll reread pod tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why am I scum again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In short:
Your brief appearance and self-excuse for a lack of reads, but more than that your willingness to vote someone and THEN say, "sorry, don't really have any reads or opinions" and vanish.

Then I really feel that you were holding out for a no lunch. Saw that as impossible and dunked merk, as stated this morning.

Why would it have been impossible to hold out?

I hammered merk myself

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

scum hammered a lot so I dont think that's a good point

If I was holing out for a no lynch I couldve easily just said "hey I fell back asleep from my medicine sorry I afk'd at deadline"

But I didn't. I showed up and hammered

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lol I guess I hadn't thought that out... you would have just stalled it if you were the scum. It was 2 mins til. I'll see myself out for now

:v:

I mean... you could have done it for cred, but yeahhhh... I see now how this isnt the smartest case I've ever made.

Beet case stands!

:chaostrump:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

And now youre using the fact that you hammered as a defense... Mmmm

Yes, because it's an a complete counter to the argument presented against me. It's not like I hammered with an hour to go and someone would've closed it. I could've held out and didn't, hence why the hammering is a valid defense (I believe)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Case on TM:

- he was absent on a D1 where we executed scum
- he's claiming to be suspicious of Solus now despite not having any opinion of him on D1

- he dropped a vote on AA for no good reason, then unvoted and never mentioned suspicion on him
- the lurker case he's making on BK/(DB) is like the easiest case to come up with in the world
- it doesn't really seem like the Merk scum flip has had any influence on his reads at all (ie, he doesn't actually seem motivated to scumhunt)

I've bolded very bad parts of a "case"

The others have some validity, and I'm suspicious of TM for the way they're kinda pushing at me, but what you presented here isn't really much of a case

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, look at the contrast between AA's start-of-game case on me (when there was no real information) versus his d2 case on Kash (when there was a bunch of content to analyze). Town cases should get more detailed as the game goes on, AA's are getting more vague.

Definitely don't agree that this is always the case re: town cases.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I feel like casing me, someone who afked in day 1, by saying I'm making an easy case, is itself an easy case.

this is the extremely bad post of the day. Like this is ULTRA poor as a defense and a really really weak omgus without the confidence to really start a conflict

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

^ this is my first ping of the game.

scum merk posted this about town Toalpaz:

a few posts later Jimmy put out the post quoted above putting shade on Toal and essentially supporting merk's suss without tying the case to merk's suss (thus not appearing to have any correlation; ie, scum teamwork)

then the bolded sentence as a hedge because of course a scum Jimmy would know without a doubt that Toal was town.

i'm on board with this

##vote Jimmy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
probs not voting for the replacements today

I hate replacements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012