Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Sign me up. Now less likely to drop out due to properly being on meds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Mr Sandman, bring me a dream. Make them the cutest that I’ve ever seen~

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I-I know I'm relatively new on the roster here... If I had to guess, I feel despair emanating from these three the most.

Jimmy.

AA.

MMT.

Hey, hey, did I get you scum?

I’m doing a late shift tonight so apologies I cannot post as much at the moment.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote pod

He usually posts more when he’s town.

Ding ding ding! We’ve got a meta vote! We’ve got the day 1 cliches!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I think the flying leatherman is scum

What a riveting statement.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

I think there's a little more nuance to it than that, though. Liking jokephase is fine, but actively trying to keep the game there after attempts to generate actual content is the part that feels shady.

Apart from yourself, there wasn’t much actual content being generated? It was mostly just you stating that people were suspicious for trying to elongate the jokephase. If there was more people contributing, I’d be a bit more weary, but it was just you throwing shade on Humalong and MMT and Merk possibly not!joke voting Hambeet.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I-I know I'm relatively new on the roster here... If I had to guess, I feel despair emanating from these three the most.

Jimmy.

AA.

MMT.

I may be looking a bit too hard into this but I’m leery of the way that Toal worded this post. It feels like it was structured in a way that they can throw suspicion onto people but then just fall back on a “I’m just jokevoting/roleplaying a character” just in case they get too much heat. They also don’t expand on why the three of us have the most “despair” nor what despair actually means. Overall, suspicious of Toal but then again, this is Toal and they are always or end up always looking like scum.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Hmmm

Hmmm

Hmmm

lmao u hav m8, u hav.

Anyhow... ##vote mmt

Both FL and MMT are making "good" posts but unless they are both scum bussing one another, this looks like a genuine scum versus town.

The only reason to call genuine content that isn't predicated on role information into question is if you have a reason to let it ride out.

Both FL and MMT have cases where inferred player motive is the linchpin, only MMTs looks far less reasonable in comparison.

Too genuine for joke phase isn't a reason, or all that telling about motive, but post count padding as pointed out by FL is directly attached to motive and a reasonable angle to pursue

Mmt latching on with her case reflects poorly.

Care to expand on why this is a case of scum against town? I’m fairly new so I’m not wise onto the way of picking these things up, but I’m not 100% sure how to infer from just this argument that it is likely scum vs town. I’m not saying there isn’t a possibility, but I’m not 100% sure where the logic is coming from.

I can see your arguments about MMT but not sure where the throughline is for FL vs MMT being scum vs town.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ugh, I need to get over my tendency to hedge

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My question for MMT being scum was that if it was the case that she was trying to curb discussion or cut off the momentum that FL was building with his vote on Humalong, what reason would she have to stop that momentum? It wasn’t like she was being suspected. She only came into question after making that post. If she was trying to cut off momentum to vote off a scum bud, it feels like a risk to stick your neck out like that and it wasn’t like the momentum that FL was building was significant enough to risk worrying. I don’t think MMT is the type of person to be twitchy and overreact to suspicion being thrown on their scum buddy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ohhh, I think I’m getting the picture. I’m happy to put my vote in that direction. #vote MMT

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m an idiot who can’t code things properly apparently. I’d fix my vote, but then we’d be getting pretty close to lynching range and I’d rather not end the day too quickly.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Humalong’s Day1 Posts

Incisive reads

Pick one.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Solus is always an easy scum push and it isn't happening today.

I'd rather vote Merk for meta reasons over Solus, it seems like his scum game. I feel like a couple hours before deadline he'll whip up a case against someone as a find if we put pressure on him so why not.

I'd like to vote MMT, or Merk. I disagree with Pod but I think that Merk's posting stands out as susp.

Uhh, are you not going to push a vote onto me? You’ve been shading me the entire time, put me on your list of scum multiple times and then not want to vote for me or even mention me in your list of people you want to vote for?

I mean I’ll take it, but it feels like apart from MMT, you’re just trying to jump from one opportune target to another.

Also, with the amount of stuff that’s being discussed today, I’m still curious about the people being quiet/not properly commenting on what’s going on. BK hasn’t mentioned anything since Day 1 discussion really happened. I can write him off as probably being busy with life since he hasn’t posted at all, but I’m more curious about TM. Apart from pitching a vote towards FL, the only other content he’s contributed is saying that he agrees with Pod, and I’m stretching the definition of content very lightly. I’m more suspicious of TM because they actually posted around the time when conversations were happening and has contributed pretty much nothing nor has expanded any of their thought processes.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty sure scum team is MMT, Pod, and Jimmy.

Just lol if you think that original post I made with three names is particularly bad. It's day one and I wanted to start serious conversations, in a time where there was little to no content. I made that post in response for someone asking for meta reads, if you'd care to look for context.

I gave meta reads, I got responses. Life is good as town.

This is the kind of stuff I think you'd try and pick apart as scum Pod.

Toalpaz posted:

I frequently scum hammer as scum, I don't care where my vote is because its wifom in the end. I vote scum as scum.

I'm town right now, and you people say my case is bad. And because you say my case is bad I'm scum. That's wrong, town has bad cases.

People say that I'm scum for making leaps of logic in thread, for walking away to see people's reactions. All town has is this thread to work with. Scum will do all their thinking in scumdoc. The more effort we put in the more likely we are to win.

People like TM, Kash, MMT, and AA sitting in the back unknown with hidden thoughts, that's the best way to play. Yet you're casing and voting the top poster cause I'm the only one with content on the board.

You folks should be ashamed of yourselves.

Toalpaz posted:

That was an interesting exit off of the MMT vote and has been noted FL.

Toalpaz posted:

Solus is always an easy scum push and it isn't happening today.

I'd rather vote Merk for meta reasons over Solus, it seems like his scum game. I feel like a couple hours before deadline he'll whip up a case against someone as a find if we put pressure on him so why not.

I'd like to vote MMT, or Merk. I disagree with Pod but I think that Merk's posting stands out as susp.

Toal, your thoughts on who is scum are all over the place. You’ve thrown suspicion on pretty much every person in the game except for Solus, BottleKnight and Mr Humalong. Apart from MMT, it feels like there hasn’t been a consistent through line on your thoughts on scum. You heavily threw suspicion on me in the beginning of the day and now you aren’t even mentioning me in the conversation of voting for scum. It feels like names are just being thrown out there and you’re seeing which ones are able to gain momentum.

##vote Toalpaz

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Jimmy.

AA.

MMT.

Toalpaz posted:

##vote MMT

It's a tale as old as time.

First it starts off as an ambiguous throw away line 'too serious for joke phase.'

That's seriously hedging Jimmy. Then the reason is explained later and shifts to 'FL is thinking scum thoughts instead of town thoughts' because the vote that could be a joke vote is becoming a push and MMT needs to save face and come up with a reason for arguing with FL now.

I think town would have dropped that convo, and I like AA's case.

Toalpaz posted:

haha

chuchu here comes the scumtrain

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty sure scum team is MMT, Pod, and Jimmy.

Just lol if you think that original post I made with three names is particularly bad. It's day one and I wanted to start serious conversations, in a time where there was little to no content. I made that post in response for someone asking for meta reads, if you'd care to look for context.

I gave meta reads, I got responses. Life is good as town.

This is the kind of stuff I think you'd try and pick apart as scum Pod.

You’ve thrown my name out twice as scum, have inferred my actions as scummy and the only thing you’ve expanded on is me being hedgey. You mentioned me being scummy a lot early on. Don’t try and rewrite stuff.0

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

I've always felt empty quoting your own posts is the pictionary equivalent of angrily circling your drawing when your team mate isn't getting it.

This analogy made me cackle ngl.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

This thread is bringing out one goldmine after another :allears:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’d have to reread Solus, because the poor guy seems to always get lunched day 1 no matter how he plays.

:same: I feel bad lynching him Day 1 because we always lynch him day 1.

SolusLunes posted:

you and jimmy didn't make four votes in a short period of time

I would argue that the two of your votes were less opportunistic but if you want me to view you through a more suspicious lens this can certainly be arranged

Posts like this really don’t help though. I feel more comfortable voting for Toal than I do Solus. At the same time, I wouldn’t be too torn up about voting for Solus. Though I do feel bad about potentially lynching him day 1.

MMT, will you not vote for Toalpaz today?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

merk posted:

My biggest scum fault is that I do not bus my teammates and, instead, do everything I can to keep them alive. I bussed Toal in our last game together (because the writing on the wall was v. clear to me), and it almost cost scum the game.

Wouldn’t that mean that Solus is suspicious? If your biggest fault as scum is refusing to bus teammates and you don’t want people to Solus, isn’t this an argument for lynching Solus? Granted, I feel like the case on Toal is stronger atm but im just trying to work out if I’m reading this wrong.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not flipping to solus who's probably town. You should all ask yourselves whether scum would be top poster before lynching me out of apathy or because you think my posts suck, because I have a lot of them.

High post count does not necessarily equal town.

As for scumbeet, I thought he has a hard posting a lot as scum? Like one of the reason I have a town read on Beet this game is that he’s shitposting quite a lot which is a typical Town Beet thing to do.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If you want to vote lurkers, TM is a much better vote than Humalong. At least Humalong has contributed some content. TM has contributed nothing.

However, trying to shift the vote onto lurker votes at this stage feels a bit silly when stronger cases have been made on other players. I don’t get your fascination with Humalong in particular.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

I do have one other scum game, actually- my first SA mafia game.

I died N1.

You really suck at not dying, huh?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Omg this day is nutty lol

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

What do other people think of Merk? He'd be my second choice if not Solus.

Merk’s sudden vote on Humalong took me for a spin and his quick vote jump back onto Toal is wigging me a little especially with how pushy it is. If I didn’t know better, I think it would be a way to try and end the day quicker. I don’t know if we have the numbers because the other voters seem to be leaning other ways.

Just in case, I’m gonna ##unvote because I feel like this discussion still has merit. Will probably put my vote back onto Toal if the conversation goes nowhere, but I don’t think the day is at an end just yet.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m dubious about the power of claiming as a means of confirming identity, especially when it’s only Day 1 and the Doctor and Cop haven’t had a chance to investigate anyone. You only really have someone’s word to go off of since veryone else is either a vanilla townie or scum. Plus, the strength of revealing cop in particular is coming out with people who are safe and revealing yourself on day 1 sort of ruins that plan.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m not gonna lie, I’m weaning off of a Toalpaz lynch. Their recent posts are swaying me over and I’m finding myself compelled towards Merk. The sudden vote swing between Humalong, who was probably never going to get lynched, and then back onto Toalpaz is still bugging me. I’m conflicted between like Merk, Toal and potentially Solus. I’d definitely also be up for a vote on TM and BK cause they haven’t voiced any opinions for some time, but I don’t think either vote is going to happen anytime soon and there’s probably better targets to lynch where we would get more information.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My issue with a Humalong vote, disregarding his posts, is that there’s no way there is enough momentum or players around to feasibly and realistically get enough votes to get a lynch onto him, especially since we aren’t playing with plurality rules.

SolusLunes posted:

Tell you what. I'll decide to trust you today, and I'll go from there.

##vote Merk

I do not like this vote. His justification for being suspicious of Merk is rather weak in general and then he frames the vote in a way that preemptively shifts the ownership of the vote off of himself and onto Toalpaz. Like if Merk flips town, he has the prime set-up to immediately shift the blame onto Toalpaz. It leaves a bad taste in my mout.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m being asked to read a lot of poo poo xD

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Omg my opinion has never felt so wanted in my life!

While I’m trying to read all these posts, Pod, BK and TM. Please actually post in the thread, give opinions or at least vote. We’re getting ever closer to the deadline and I’m gonna have to go to bed cause I have work tomorrow.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

With regards to Humalong, I feel like he has a stronger town lean atm. He has posts like this:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Anyone voting for MMT is voting for the wrong person, btw. The entire case on her is based on literally nothing of substance and at least one of the people voting her is scum.

Besides Toalpaz, who is scum and jumped off to avoid looking bad when she flips town

Now Toalpaz is defending Solus which is interesting

The part about MMT feels like it is coming from a place of town and I’m not getting major scum reads from any of his other posts. I also feel like his judgment on FL being town based on her relentless pursuit of him is reasonable and I can definitely see where he is coming from.

Rereading MMT’s case, I am definitely feeling more comfortable with the Merk lynch. Speaking as the king of hedging, I agree with MMT that if it was hedging, it would be a lot more of like “I can see how Solus is scummy but like I’m not 100% sure” or “I may be overreacting a bit but...”. Instead, you’ve stated that Solus has done scummy things and you would vote for them but at the same time you don’t want to vote for them. The statements feel more conclusive while hedging tends to leave your options open in leaning one way or the other.

That alongside the switching between Humalong and Toalpaz alongside the aggressiveness makes me feel comfortable in ##vote Merk.

Solus is my number two vote. His vote on Merk just screams suspicious for reasons I’ve stated before. Like it’s almost so obviously suspicious it circles back around to being not suspicious because how could scum team let them make a post like that?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I honestly don't think scum would ever pull a vote back from the brink at -1. They'd hammer if they weren't already on the vote.

Are you saying that you think scum is scapegoatong Merk? Who do you think are the scum on the vote?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

God, when laid out like that, Solus’s posting looks really bad. I dunno if there’s enough people around who would want to vote for Solus, but I’m sorely tempted to switch my vote.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

##vote Solus I’m willing to see where this goes.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

The fact that they haven’t commented concerns me. Like I’m willing to chalk up that they may be busy with life and I know Kashuno stated in the thread that they’re feeling ill. I’m more leery of BK and TM, especially the latter.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Nah we caught merk doing shady stuff before deadline and I'd like to start there.

This same argument applies to Solus, if not more so. How can you look at his vote on Merk and judge that to be Town?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I mean MMT has stated previously Solus was her number 1 vote. Merk is voting because it probably is him otherwise and I felt like Pod made a convincing enough argument that I feel that Solus is a stronger scum read than Merk. It’s not like the vote changed over purely because of Pod. Kash already had his vote on Solus anyways.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

:sigh:

Let's D1 this again, then.

##vote Solus

Giving up really doesn’t help yourself or town. If you are Town, argue why you are Town! The worst thing you can do as town is just roll over and let yourself get lynched.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

It feels like I’m shooting a puppy :smith:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Refute and argue against the case made against you. Explain your reasoning and stare where your mindset was. That’s normally a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If you argue, you can try and see who is making disingenuous arguments or putting the vote onto you in a way that is suspicious.