Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Flip doesn't deserve sole credit for Wentz imo. That entire coaching staff was focused on developing him. His offense with the Browns went 4-10 and was significantly worse than his predecessor with virtually identical personnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Flip doesn't deserve sole credit for Wentz imo. That entire coaching staff was focused on developing him. His offense with the Browns went 4-10 and was significantly worse than his predecessor with virtually identical personnel.

Also it is 100% possible to be an excellent QB coach and a terrible OC, but most NFL front offices assume that the transition is easy (same for coordinator->coach) despite the fact that they are very different skill sets.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Come back to Philly

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the vikings defense is giving up almost an extra touchdown per game and the offense is scoring fewer than 2 points less per game. but fire the guy who doesn't run the ball the right way

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why are there Saturday night games?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Gatts posted:

move ncaa to friday night, cancel mnf and tnf, nfl all day Saturday and Sunday

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
But... But... What about the children?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJVJ_MEyQI

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

hifi posted:

the vikings defense is giving up almost an extra touchdown per game and the offense is scoring fewer than 2 points less per game. but fire the guy who doesn't run the ball the right way

Yeah, is Kirk really the problem?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you look at Cousins' numbers this season, they are pretty much in line with his career averages at WAS. The Vikings are getting what they paid for. So I would say the problem is elsewhere.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Gatts posted:

College football season is over so the NFL can have Saturday night games without risking their antitrust exemption.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah, is Kirk really the problem?

i wonder if zimmer thought keenum was going to continue to put up career years and then they spent all this capital and brought in a new OC for marginal regression from that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blackmongoose posted:

Also it is 100% possible to be an excellent QB coach and a terrible OC, but most NFL front offices assume that the transition is easy (same for coordinator->coach) despite the fact that they are very different skill sets.

This. If the Eagles wanted to bring him back with some BS title this year to try and unfuck Wentz a bit I'd be fine with it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ulmont posted:

College football season is over so the NFL can have Saturday night games without risking their antitrust exemption.

it used to be a lot more common before nfl network started airing games

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes needs two touchdowns to match the most Aaron Rodgers has ever thrown in a season.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Vertical Lime posted:

it used to be a lot more common before nfl network started airing games

Yeah, but still only in December.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

kiimo posted:

Mahomes needs two touchdowns to match the most Aaron Rodgers has ever thrown in a season.

He should break the all time touchdown/season record imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1072580024728018944?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

we don't need more nights with nfl

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1072580544851046401

what are adam's sources

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Vikings entire identity is based around playing smashmouth while Flip is trying to prove he's the next McVay. The team is on pace to put up a good 500 fewer running yards this season with it's starting running back.

The defense is gimped because this is not the same offense.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also the explosions in the sky crescendo culminating in billy bob thornton saying we're gonna run it down their throat" still gives me shivers

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

He should break the all time touchdown/season record imo
Agreed. Would be cool and good to see a 7 TD performance Thursday night.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Vikings entire identity is based around playing smashmouth while Flip is trying to prove he's the next McVay. The team is on pace to put up a good 500 fewer running yards this season with it's starting running back.

I mean the Vikings O-Line is one of the worst in the league and significantly worse than last years version

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Smashmouth football also doens't work anymore in TYOOL 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/1072579251130589185

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Teams that are leading in games run the ball more. They’re running the ball less because they’re worse on offense and defense, they aren’t worse because they’re running the ball less.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Teams that are leading in games run the ball more. They’re running the ball less because they’re worse on offense and defense, they aren’t worse because they’re running the ball less.

Yup. They have over 9 fewer attempts per game than last season. That OLine is garbo and Cook has been injured which probably both played a part plus what you said above.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

So yeah the raiders definitely aren't playing in Oakland in 2019

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yesssssssss

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
JDF isn't the sole reason for the offensive regression but i'm not sad to see him go. it won't change the team's ceiling as one-and-done in the playoffs but hopefully Stefanaski shows himself to be a capable OC. he's coached everywhere on the Vikings offense through 4 different coaching regimes and Shumur wanted to bring him along as his OC.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

So yeah the raiders definitely aren't playing in Oakland in 2019
San Diego Raiders has a natural sound

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Smashmouth football also doens't work anymore in TYOOL 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

San Diego Raiders has a natural sound

They'll probably play at Sam Boyd or the NFL will force them to share Levi's for a year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1072597504112373762

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

17 million bucks off the books in 2019 for the Lions.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1072616853179154432

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

I mean the Vikings O-Line is one of the worst in the league and significantly worse than last years version

This is the biggest part of their offensive regression IMO. A good o-line coach is worth their weight in gold, and Tony Sparano's death left a void the Vikings couldn't really fill after he passed. Even their starters from last year, who were relatively healthy this season anyway, have regressed a lot.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Maybe I don't understand what year over year means, but how does an increase of $4.1m extend the $10m streak they're talking about?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inspector 34 posted:

Maybe I don't understand what year over year means, but how does an increase of $4.1m extend the $10m streak they're talking about?

It's $177.2 right now. The wording is bad, it's going to increase to somewhere in that range, not from the low to the high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh woops, just bad reading on my part, thanks.