Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Is the clipper at all viable for the hardest hasres if you engineer the poo poo out of it? Remember having great fun with it back in Jotunheim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Space station legs sounds pointless but it would still be neat to wonder around inside and customise a ship, a la Mass Effect.

Also I can't believe they still haven't added NPCs chilling out in spaceports etc. Seems like that should be really simple but effective for :immersion:

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 25, 2018

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
It would be neat to watch your ship getting deluxe valeted from like a waiting room or observation deck. Or a new paint job. Probably not worth the effort though right.

Edit: maybe you could watch those things from free camera mode

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

iospace posted:

I have discovered IGR J1104-6103, a pulsar with jets that are moving at a whopping 0.8c :stare:

It's not in game :negative:

I went from a DBX to a Phantom for my deep space exploration. It's great, as I can carry two+ AFMUs, a huge scoop, and a FSD booster.

Space Question: do pulsar jets really rotate at the speed depicted in Elite? For some reason I thought they whipped round a lot faster

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Varkas posted:

I finally managed to solo a Hydra Thargoid. I've now beaten the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U94vldtzdJQ

(except now I've maybe gotta do it in a side-winder or something)

But its so pretty and it sounds like a whale! You are a monster :colbert:

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Why the aggro, friend? Did the pretty space flowers really bring problems, or were you already scared by the slander and lies spread against their name? Don't let yourself be blinded by hate!

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Ooooh ok. I thought they were all supposed to look like that and Frontier slowed em down for whatever reason :rolleyes: that's super cool anyway (still think stars would look cooler in E:D if they were more incandescent or there was an option for that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Mike the TV posted:

Global warming happened, but luckily space travel started being common around the same time that things became really bad. Most humans on Earth either died or evacuated, and now Earth itself has a tiny population compared to Mars or other major worlds. You can see the effects of sea level rise on the coasts if you look closely.

edit: Do you want to know more?

edit2:

Fens gave up and got back in the sea I see

Edit: Wait, is that a crater?

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 9, 2019