Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So why the hell is the game being an arse about my bindings? I'm trying to get the new toys set up nicely, and everything's fine when I hit 'apply' and go back to the game, but if I want to go back and tweak another binding or set something else up, it forgets everything since the new update. My older custom bindings are still there, but everything done since then gets forgotten every time I go to make a change. So basically, I need to get everything exactly how I want it first time and then never go into my settings again, or resign myself to re-setting every single new bind every time I try to change anything.

And just to add to the frustration, some complete arse on Reddit posted in the daily q&a thread with the same issue, then edited to add a 'nvm, fixed it'. Now I know how it feels to want to choke a stranger over the internet. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Wyld Karde posted:

So why the hell is the game being an arse about my bindings? I'm trying to get the new toys set up nicely, and everything's fine when I hit 'apply' and go back to the game, but if I want to go back and tweak another binding or set something else up, it forgets everything since the new update. My older custom bindings are still there, but everything done since then gets forgotten every time I go to make a change. So basically, I need to get everything exactly how I want it first time and then never go into my settings again, or resign myself to re-setting every single new bind every time I try to change anything.

And just to add to the frustration, some complete arse on Reddit posted in the daily q&a thread with the same issue, then edited to add a 'nvm, fixed it'. Now I know how it feels to want to choke a stranger over the internet. :argh:

The 'nvm fixed it' person replied, and so I don't make the same mistake, here's what I was told;

That Reddit Person posted:

I went into the bindings folder in disk C: > users > your PC name > appdata > local > Frontier Developments > Elite Dangerous > options > bindings and opened "custom.3.0.binds" with a notepad, where I changed the "root PresetName" from custom to a name of my choice. Then you choose that preset in-game and the settings should save alright.

Edit: Can confirm this works.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 12, 2018