Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I got this game a long time ago and haven't touched it. I also have a Hotas joystick. What should I do as a new player and is there a typical setup for the joystick that wouldnt be too overwhelming for a newbie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

As a newbie how should I make money and what parts/ships should I save for?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Where can I do some basic combat missions? I suck at shooting things.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Is there a reccomended keybinding setup for the new scanner?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Can I do exploration in the sidewinder? How far out do I have to go before I find things to discover? I'm in LP 98-132.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I was looking forward to space trucking tonight but the power went out. :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm a little confused as to how exploration works. I use the FSD and follow the signals but everything I come across has already been discovered since I'm close to the starting area. When I go to a station I have the option of selling cartographic data even though it was all stuff that had been discovered. I'm not gonna complain because I got 200k for some systems but I'm not exactly sure what I'm selling lol.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 15, 2018