Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I like Asp Explorer for truckin, since it has a good amount of cargo space and still fits on med pads so outposts are an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Fleet carriers would make me actually reinstall.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I wish they had added the current discovery scanner to the game years ago, it would have made explorin way more fun.

I'm kinda enjoying rambling around in the Krait Phantom, aside from it's garbage turning.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Dirty Up them Drives, son! :monocle:

Yeah yeah yeah, as soon as I can be bothered to make the trip over to the other engineer.
Looks like those rascally Thargoids are stepping up the interdictions in the Pliades.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 12, 2019

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I think the Panther is due to be added eventually, just maybe not till December but more likely not until next year.
I decided to push out of the bubble to Guardian space to try and get some module BPs, luckly for my lazy rear end the Conduit is currently docked in the home station and isnt leaving for the periphery for 5 days or so.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Being able to come screaming in through the slot to dock in an Anaconda and pulling a perfect landing feels pretty good.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
If you want a fun explorer challenge, use the T6 for your ramblin. I took mine all over the drat place and had a blast.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Theres also lots of new weird alien space fungus and things to find out in the fringes too.
If that leak is accurate we have something pretty stupid and cool coming next year.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Ive definetly taken a T6 with an A-rated standard FSD out to Sothis/Ceos, just remember to pack a fuel scoop.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The Fer de Lance, Mamba, and Krait are all pretty cool lookin snake ships.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Most of the snake named ships are built by Faulcon DeLacy, its like a theme with them.
Krait Phantom is really good, probably my favorite ship in the game.
Heh... bee ball.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
A drone carrier would be pretty fun and game-breaking, and therefore will never appear as a flyable ship. Thargoids only.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Anyone hoping to find the Thargoid homeworld is gonna be dissaponted, considering they're from somewhere outside the galaxy.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
There already is wormholes in Elite, its what you use to traverse "witchspace".

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I wouldn't fancy the chances of Elite CMDRs vs the average Chaos battlecruiser.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I just fitted a Cobra for long range trading and am gonna do the Sothis poop mines.
Any places to get meta alloys that dont involve Tharg ships?

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 11, 2019

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Anaconda is the best large multirole ship just on the basis that you just need credits, no obnoxious rep grind to fly one of those beautiful beasts.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Someone mentioned X4's spacelegs a bit ago, yeah you can totally walk around instations and every ship in the game. Its kind of neat at first, but you realize pretty fast that it's basically a sneaky way to pad out the game a bit. Also you spend like 99% of the time in your ship anyway.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

The Protagonist posted:

so did they ever fix multicrew/wings/rovers? they literally have to rebuild the whole game from scratch don't they

Considering Elite was originally never intended to be multiplayer, that would be a "never gonna happen".
Scott Manley showed off someone jumping their fleet carrier, and it's the exact same capital ship jump thing, so now you don't ever need to see it ingame.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

d3lness posted:

Space legs are going to be more useless then they are in EVE. More useless then the spin counter in dock. I really want to love this game. I wish FDev would let me. :(

Good news! They totally have some kind of FPS thing maybe planned for someday!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Tommy the Newt posted:

Yeah, so the FPS 'module' is what we can probably expect, just hope it's more engaging than SRV combat/archaeology.

If its based on the leaks I saw, its a "shoot Thargoids" thing, so maybe they are planning on actually using those ground base things they haven't done anything with?
It would be kinda cool to noodle around the inside of your ship, like they could totally do player housing this way. Give me the ability to decorate the personal cabin of my Anaconda, Fdev.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeah that's pretty much the most Fdev way to do it, now you can run around an already mostly dull moon even slower!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Oh space legs is real, heres the "exciting" concept ad thing....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wu8oqlXUag

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I always wondered what those weird noises at Farseer is, it reminds me of noises you hear at Thargoid ground bases.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
When I had my Exploraconda I just took a SRV bay, there's no point taking fighters for the most part. The rest of my ship was fuel tank and a huge fuel scoop mainly.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It's funny to see people saying the exact same thing I said about SRVs back when they were added to the game.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
If you don't boost full speed out the mailslot in your Anaconda with the collision alarms blaring, what are you even doing?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Oh I tried to get data from a Guardian site one time, but getting bounced around like a kickball in a yard fulla angry children made me give up super fast.

Has FDev said when Odyssey is dropping? I want to walk around on my special legs.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Mitterand Hollow cheese run with space legs might be funny.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It's not just you, spacefriend, Elite hates everyone equally.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Whats the number one rule of Elite and EVE? Never undock if you can't afford to lose it.
When I was more invested, I always had a modded out exploration Anaconda and a disposable everything else ship I didnt care about losing.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Shine posted:

0.036% as of February 2019.

Space big.

Not gonna lie, that's way higher than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Ive played in Open a fair bit and ran into people very rarely, mostly if I was doin shenanigans in the Plieades or something.