Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

iospace posted:

Alright, yet another link:

EDRefCard - Allows you to submit your bindings file to generate a quick "what button does what, again?" visual aid.

That's actually pretty cool, although it doesn't take into account that you can have the rocker on the back of the Hotas X's throttle also bound to yaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

I haven't had cause to try this in 3.3 (and I've no reason to suspect they've fixed it) but as of 3.2 you could take a bunch of "source cargo" missions, wait for them all to issue their "look out, a bunch of mediocre dickheads are out to get you" warnings and then undock and enter supercruise in a combat ship at which point all of the aforementioned dickheads would spawn one after another (sending you messages about "all that cargo") and you could kill them all and then get on with the mission. The NPC "simulation" in this game is mid-90s smoke and mirrors garbage that they really need to pull out and replace. :v:

The other day I was getting interdicted by one shithead NPC in Xihe several times, but when I arrived at Zhen I just hung around outside the No-Fire Zone. Eventually shithead NPC shows up and starts shooting again, and I just flew into the No-Fire Zone and watched him get obliterated by the system security ships :laugh:

I wonder if that could be exploited somehow

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

There are different STC voices and identifiers for the big 3 factions (Fed/Imp/Alliance), and different station types get different controller voices as well! Engineers also get the cool, robo traffic controller!

I imagine they will keep adding more as time goes on!

Am I misremembering, or at one point did Skvortsov have an STC voice that was a Scottish guy who made fun of you if you used a docking computer?

Before they released the patch that changed the STC to say the make of your ship followed by the first 3 letters of your name for realism

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has Maksim on some ships when they can't understand him. I have him on the Taipan in my Anaconda, and I'm disappointed there's no livery option to paint the inside of the cockpit turquoise to finish off that proper janky soviet feel.

Verity, Alix or Leo on my other ships tho.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dareon posted:

I definitely want some different SRVs, though. At least a heavy crawler with more than 2 tons of cargo space.

Different surface vehicles would be great. Give me an Imperial one that's a just a skimmer with a cockpit. And a Federal one that's an off-brand Landmaster.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Thundarr posted:

I wasn't aware you could even scan the ground stuff at all without an SRV. Though if all you have is an iCourier, any base with a turret is going to vaporize you as soon as you're in range unless you are decently upgraded.

Probably still a better chance of success than rolling up in an SRV only to discover that the base has a Viper pilot on standby to agro you as you're scanning things.

I knew you could scan surface features like geysers with a ship, but base stuff being scannable with one is news to me.

I was doing most of my surface exploration with a SLF, so I wonder if that'd be more viable for base scanning? You lose a hell of a lot less if you get blown up, and you can leave your ship hovering ready to go much further away for a quick escape

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I get it's just an announcement trailer, but it's kinda odd how a trailer for more planet surface stuff has no SRVs in it in any way, kind of like they're abandoning yet another existing part of the game instead of improving it

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

moolchaba posted:

My mining rig got blown up by some crazy pirates (that kept coming back every 5 min [bug???] after scanning me with nothing and running off).

Nope, that's entirely intended behaviour. :frontear:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dwesa posted:

:eyepop: does it also handle finding good landing spots? easily most annoying thing about landing on random places on planets... red red red red red red 1 milisecond of yellow/blue red red red

Last time I tried it, it decided the best place to land was in the air 3m above the ground.

It made getting my SRV back into the ship a bit tricky, thats for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Since we're on joystick chat, I've been having a recurring problem with my T.16k throttle's ministick. It keeps glitching out and going hard to the left. I've got 2 different throttles (one bought in 2016 and one in 2021) and they both do it. What the hell can I do? Jiggling it around makes it go back to normal for a while but it will keep doing it.

I just fixed that exact same problem on Friday with mine by opening it and cleaning out the contacts, so I can confirm it worked for me at least.

Be warned, the spring that re-centers the rocker is an absolute fucker to get re-seated properly. It took me an hour to do the entire repair, and 50 minutes of it were loving around with that goddamn spring :argh: