Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

LiterallyATomato posted:

Want to get into combat. Have 60 million credits or so to spend. Ship recommendation? FerDeLance?

I'd definitely recommend getting a Vulture. With 60m you can just barely scrape an A rated Chieftain or Federal Assoult Ship but your problem then will be that you've only got a single rebuy for it. You can buy a fully A rated Vulture for around 20m which means you'll have plenty of leeway to get blown up a few times without having to worry about not having the cash for a rebuy.

A Vulture is plenty good enough to go bounty hunting with.

Blindeye posted:

So, I am currently chilling by a guardian structure to farm that sweet sweet info. Aside from the guardian FSD and the Guardian Shield booster, any other "must have" guardian modules?

This is tedious enough that I am not going to do this for everything.

I'm pretty sure that even the shield booster isn't worth it. I've only ever used the FSD booster myself. I beleive that the fighters and maybe the gauss weapon are good if you want to fight Thargoids and the rest is just worse than normal modules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

LiterallyATomato posted:

Any suggestions on where to smuggle to get that engineer that requires 5 smuggling ops done? I practiced entering a starport without being scanned, I just have to find a good place to sell imperial slaves or something.

The easiest way by far to do it is to take a mission that has cargo, grab 5t, and then abandon the mission. This will mark the goods as stolen and you can sell them anywhere that has a black market. Then just sell 1t to 5 different markets.

As far as getting scanned just pop a heatsink as soon as you get the message about being scanned and you'll be fine. That breaks their targetting and stops the scan.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

PerniciousKnid posted:

Don't they get receipts for docking fees or whatever?

I don't get any logs of who has docked on my carrier or used any of the services. I've got the surcharge on my carrier set to 0% but I doubt that changes anything.

You can see how much profit you've made and what it has come from though.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
The #1 tip would be to engineer your drives and then put some pips to eng when you need to be turning fast. With dirty drives an Anaconda is easily maneuverable enough to keep pointed at whatever you are shooting at. Some of the small ships can get a little annoying but they'll still be easy enough to shoot down.

Gimablled weapons are like 50% more damage at half the power draw of turretted weapons so I'd highly recommend making the switch. I'd also recommend swapping from beams to multicannons as they do more damage for less capacitor draw. Unengineered beams will drain your capacitor in no time and start to do less damage if you're more than 600m away which is basically nothing. Multis do full damage out to 1.8km which makes life much easier.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
If you're actually wanting to get into combat then you should change your guns to gimballed instead of turrets. Turrets do less damage and use more energy. You should also run shield boosters on your utility slots instead of point defense which is generally pretty useless.

My general rule of thumb for utility slots is to run one or two heatsinks and then fill the rest with shield boosters. If you're on a small ship then you can swap the heatsinks for chaff. Chaff is pretty worthless on bigger ships though. The heatsinks are mostly there so you can use shield cell banks without cooking your ship.

You also shouldn't ever bother with extra fuel tanks. If you'r travelling long distances instead fit a fuel scoop and filter your route to only go through scoopable stars (O,B,A,F,G,K,M). This'll let you refuel by flying close to the star.

Engineering is a massive improvement to your jump range. Fully engineering your FSD will give you another 50% roughly to your jump range. You can also unlock the guardian FSD booster to get a module that will add another 10.5ly to your range.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

GHOST_BUTT posted:

This also means no neutron star jumps and no black holes.

Yeah, the big loss with undersizing your fuel tank is that you can't chain neutron boosts to quickly move across the centre of the galaxy.

It also means that you can't get to some systems that are out on the edge of the galaxy. I've gone and visited places like the furthest star east or west in the galaxy and some of those you can't scoop at. Those are the sort of places that you want abig jump range for so getting that range by cutting your fuel tank seems completely pointless.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Disconnecticus posted:

Is there any actual advantage to having 4 SRVs?

The only advantage is that if you blow one up then you aren't stuck without an SRV. Personally I find them hard enough to destroy that I don't bother, you can synth repairs for them so it's pretty hard to lose one out in the black.

I run this for my exploration ship https://s.orbis.zone/9472 it's got everything you need including the ability to boost.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Inspector Hound posted:

What's a good explore-a-conda build? I stripped out all the mining parts and started D-rating everything, but I still couldn't match my little DBX. I have my jump drive modified for extended range, am I looking at scrounging up a 3D engineered power plant or something? I could have sworn I got 70+ out of it when I had it built this way previously.

I linked my build a few posts further up, but the big thing is engineering. You can save 51t just from getting to g5 lightweight on the sensors which is worth around 6.5ly of range.

It's definitely worth doing though, a fully engineered exploraconda will go around 10ly further than any of the other good exploration ships.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

DARPA posted:

I feel like they get people to choose keybindings without every having played the game, or any game.

I'm pretty sure none of the devs actually play the game so this is pretty much correct tbh.

There's definitely a lot of stuff in the game which is incredibly poorly explained or even just straight up broken which as you can see makes it incredibly hard to get into the game. Plus there's an awful of balance stuff which means that half the time even the stuff that isn't broken is just a huge waste of time to actually do.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Literally the only reason I can see for taking a carrier exploring is if you wanted to reach a remote system that is inaccessible any other way. There's got to be a few of those systems seeing as their 500ly jump range is quite a bit higher than the ~170ly you can hit off jumponium.

There's still no way in hell I'd ever do that many jumps in a carrier though.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Mailer posted:

When I visited The Dweller it said my existing mod (my Python is all modded with random poo poo from grinding to G5 in the old days) would need to be "converted". I'll have to check if that just means it removed it. I'm kind of still working this all out while I grind up all the things so I can hit the bulk of the engineers asap.

Under the old engineering system you could roll any grade of a blueprint onto a clean module however it had the whole system of the roll being random so it took forever to get an actually good roll. When they redid the engineering system this changed so now you have to start with grade 1 and work up to grade 5. The difference now is that the negative aspects to each roll are fixed and rolling the same grade will slowly improve the positive aspects until it is maxed out. You need to apply one grade until all the bonuses are >80% of max and then it will let you apply the next grade to it.

If you have a module that was engineered under the old system then you can convert it to the new system. What this will do is remove the old mod and replace it with a maxed out version that is one grade lower than the old one. So if you had an old g5 extended range FSD it would now have a maxed out g4 extended range mod on it after you convert it. You'll then need to reapply the g5 mod to it.

If you have the engineer at level 5 then you'll max out g1 in a single roll, and you usually need to roll g2 once or twice and g3 and g4 3-4 times to get them high enough to progress to the next level.

Mods are generally better under the new system as well, so converting your old g5 mods to new g4 mods will probably be similar or only slightly worse than the old mod unless you had a really good roll from the old system.

It is a bit annoying that you can't just slap a g5 mod on your modules straight away but the fact that you now have a defined endpoint that you can reach in a sane number of rolls (typically takes 10 rolls to max out a g5 mod although I've done it in as few as 4 if you get insanely lucky) is much better than the pure luck based system it used to be.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Black Griffon posted:

Are there any cool new exploration ships, or is my good old diamondback still the star whilst saving up for an anaconda and related upgrades?

There's pretty much 4 dedicated exploration ships that you can get, Diamondback Explorer, Asp Explorer, Krait Phantom and the Anaconda. The first three of those will all have pretty similar jump ranges once they are fully engineered and then you have the Anaconda which jumps about 10ly further than the rest of them. You can pretty much choose between the first three based on how much you like the look of them, there's only around 2ly jump difference. Fitting everything you want on the DBX can get a bit tough though, it's a little short on slots with the addition of the guardian FSD booster.

For reference here is my exploraconda build https://s.orbis.zone/9qtK. That's pretty much minmaxed for the greatest jump range while still having shields and the ability to boost. With the same basic fitting the other three ships mentioned are all jumping around 67-69ly with a full tank compared to the 79ly on the conda.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Fully loaded DBX doing ~74ly.

A horrible no fun Anaconda with jack poo poo that does 6ly better. :shrug:

You can make a conda go further than that plus have all the gear you'd ever need with a little work https://s.orbis.zone/9sah.

Also you should look at the jump range with a full tank of fuel. That DBX is jumping 68.7ly while my conda is jumping 79.1ly, that's a considerable difference. The max jump ranges are a little closer but that's not what the route plotter is going to be using for anything.

Also oh god why are you using a D rated power plant :gonk:? That heat efficiency is going to cook you any time you try and fuel scoop. You can also get a DBX to boost off a 1D enginer focused distro to save further weight.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Black Griffon posted:

How is the Mamba? It looks cool as hell, but it's new since the last time I played and I don't have a fighting ship in that price range yet.
Edit: Also, I bought a Phantom, show me your exploraphantom builds.

Here's my usual exploration fit jammed onto a Phantom https://s.orbis.zone/9sF5. You can put more stuff on there if you want but I've never felt the need to have anything else.

The only real thing to watch out for is power management with that small of a PP. They way I generally have it set up is to keep the srv hangar and afmu's off, then you'll need to turn your thrusters off before you can turn any of them on. This isn't really an issue as you'll need to be stopped to repair your fsd and your thrusters turn off when you land anyway. You can also leave your distributor turned off to save more power, although you don't actually need to here, all it does is stop you moving your pips around.

The overcharge on the PP is solely to enable you to put the stripped down mod on it, you want to keep the efficiency as low as possible to minimise heat while fuel scooping.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah, I should probably just stop crashing into planets.

Anyway, what's the lowdown on planet mapping rewards? Are there multipliers for mapping all planets in a system or should I just focus on high-prize balls? Not that I do exploring for money, exactly, but it's good to know.

taking hull repair limpets is super not worth it, you can be on 1% hull and it makes no practical difference as long as you can keep your fsd repaired. They also weigh a lot and cut massively into your jump range, much easier to just go slowly and not crash.

All mapping rewards are specific to the body itself, there's no bonus for mapping the whole system or if there is it's so small as to be negligible. The table below shows the payouts for all the different things you could scan. I generally don't bother to FSS gas giants and rocky and ice worlds and then I only map terraformable HMCs plus ammonia, water and earth-like worlds. Everything else is worth little enough that it's really not worth bothering with.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
After checking in Coriolis I can't tell what they could possibly be. An overcharged A grade power plant puts out more power at a better efficiency than the equivalent guardian powerplant. It's got slightly less integrity but if you care about that at all then you'd engineer and armoured power plant which has more than double the integrity and a much better efficiency as well. They aren't even any cheaper than a regular A grade powerplant.

edit:
Guardian shield boosters give you less of a boost to shields than an engineered normal shield booster does for basically the same power and at the cost of an internal slot. They give you about the same amount of effective hp as an unengineered HRP does so once you put engineering into the mix the HRP will give you way more effective hp and won't cost you any power.

Grashnak fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 23, 2020

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yes, but you can put them in the military restricted slots. If you want to shield tank and don't ever want to be taking hull damage, that seems like a good thing to unlock.

You can also put SCBs in the restricted slots and they are going to give you a huge amount more hp that the guardian booster will if you want only shield hp. I just super don't see the point to the guardian boosters.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Dick Trauma posted:

Been trying to figure out what to do with this "tipoff" mission. I had planetary coordinates, so I spent a long time futzing about in orbit trying to figure out how to get close, then realized it was some sort of base that's been on my nav list the whole time. I came down close in my ship and saw a Master level transporter orbiting, and then I got a trespass warning so I backed off. No idea what I'm supposed to do with this.

With the way the rest of the game is I would be entirely unsurprised if the tipoff missions are just completely broken. I can't imagine the reward being worthwhile even if they aren't though.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I just use Culture ship names for all of mine, I do try and not use any of the major ones though. Off the top of my head I have these ships currently floating around

Prosthetic Conscience - Carrier
Gunboat Diplomat - Imperial Cutter
So Much For Sublety - Federal Corvette
Lapsed Pacifist - Combat Anaconda
Just Passing Through - Exploration Anaconda
It's Character Forming - Python
Only Slightly Bent - Vulture
Reformed Nice Guy - Fer de Lance
Ethics Gradient - Asp Explorer

Tommy the Newt posted:

Also appreciate all Banksian names a lot, Shame About The Character Limit.

I will forever be annoyed that the best Culture name of all Frank Exchange of Views is one character too long to be used.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:laffo:

:member: when ship transfers were going to be free and instant? :allears:

Free and instant transfers sure would be a nice quality of life thing huh

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Those are baby numbers, here's my exploration conda which is the highest jump range you can squeeze while still having all the accessories.

You have to be a little more careful with it but ther entire point of taking a conda is to jump 10ly further than anything else.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh this looks like a fun project to work on

Just be aware that if you are going to build this that you'll need to engineer everything other than the thrusters first, then get the thrusters engineered on a smaller ship before they'll fit on. The combo of g1 reinforced with drive distributors gives the highest possible maximum mass for the thrusters and even then they only fit on with under 4t to spare. You can just run 5D thrusters, this is only saving 3t, but once you get to this level of low weight that is still worth 0.4ly of range.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Thundarr posted:

How long does it even take for you to turn with 4D thrusters on a conda? The thing feels sluggish to me even with 7As, though the one I'm using right now does weigh a heck of a lot more than yours.

It is uhh, not swift.

It turns faster than it does in supercruise but not by a hell of a lot.

It's also slow as hell, max speed is 158m/s and it boosts to a massive 210.

hilariously though the vertical thrusters are still stronger than the ones on my Cutter which has g5 dirty drive 8A thrusters.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Dandywalken posted:

Incendiary C3 Overcharged Multicannons on my krait mk2 for CZ stuff, or two autoloaders instead? Using one for corrosive ofc.

It sorta depends on what other guns you have on there. If I was going to put together a Krait for CZs I'd probably make the two medium slots overcharged incendiary and then make the larges two autoloader and a corrosive.

If you've already got some sort of thermal damage weapon in the mediums then just go with 2x autoloader and 1x corrosive for the larges.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Raithe posted:

I'm pretty sure you can. Do you have room in your cargo hold?

You 100% can't do that to buy limpets. For some stupid reason limpets take up cargo space and you can only buy them via the advanced repair page, this is also about the only reason you'd ever really have to go into the advanced repair page.

Another truly outstanding piece of game design brought to you by Frontier Developments.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

FBS posted:

Now I can stop using one of the throttle hats for yaw :eng101:

Pilchenstein posted:

I just increased the deadzone because I never use yaw :v:

Why are you people not putting yaw on the X axis :psyduck:. Yaw is way more important for aim than roll is, even here were yaw is pretty weak. Rolling all the time and trying to only pitch is a great way to never end up actually pointed at the thing you are trying to shoot.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I'm pretty sure the 200m/hr figures from mining are from before they nerfed the prices last week, maybe even from before the preceding nerf as well. You'll be lucky to get much more than 50m/hr right now from what I understand.

Frontier really don't like you being able to earn money so they constantly try and wreck whatever the current get rich quick scheme is.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
A grade 5 engineered DSS has +50% probe radius so I'm guessing that this will be +100%. If it's actually +200% to be double the total radius then that's even dumber. It's not going to end up actually mattering because all the extra radius is good for is making sure you get the efficiency bonus which is already easy as hell. It is however dumb as hell that they are continuing to make these mosules that are straight up better than anything you could otherwise get and I really wish they'd gently caress off with it before they make something that breaks combat.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Slush Garbo posted:

serious FC question: if I wanna buy the trtium out of my commodity storage, and don't want an opportunist to snake any when it's for sale at 2500k for 3 minutes, will setting my carrier to none allowed kick off any hitchhikers? asking for an idiot

You can transfer cargo directly from your carrier to your ship without using the market. There's a button you press on your right hand panel on the cargo tab at the top, then you can shift cargo between your ship and the carrier.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

moolchaba posted:

With my Alliance Chieftain PVE build, I'm running with 3 multicannons gimballed and 3 fixed pulse lasers, all my weapons are G5.

I'm lazy and I hate aiming. I barely can keep my lasers on anything other than an anaconda or fed drop ship. Would it be better to just run with 6 multicannons?

Overcharged gimablled multicannons will always do more damage than a fixed pulse laser of the same size. Assuming you have efficient 5 on the pulse lasers then the multicannons will do about 20% more dps for about 30-40% more capacitor draw, however you also have to factor in that a pulse laser has damage falloff starting at 500m but a multicannon isn't until 1.8km.

You can mod your pulse lasers for long range instead to get full damage out to 6km but in that case the multicannons are now doing something like 80% more damage for about 80% of the capacitor draw.

Basically it boils down to overcharged multicannons being basically the only gimballed gun worth using just due to how engineering has messed the numbers of everything up. Just mod a couple for incendiary if you want thermal damage rather than getting some lasers.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Cheap Trick posted:

I also did my first round of Road to Riches today, got about 30 mil for my trouble. Had a moment of panic when I forgot to throttle down upon entering a system and almost threw myself into a sun.

Would it be worth transitioning to an Asp Explorer like: https://s.orbis.zone/c0cc
Or should I just keep tooling around in the Hauler until I can afford that Krait Phantom mentioned above?

Edit: screw it, I'm just gonna do an exploration loop from Zaonce to Diamond Frogs territory and make up the difference in credits

For doing exploration you probably want to build an asp more like this. You really want to focus on not taking anything you don't need and trying to save as much weight as you can to get the best jump range. You also really really want to take the biggest fuel scoop that you can afford as it really cuts down on the refuel costs.

There's not that big a difference between an asp and a krait tbh so it doesn't really matter that much which one you go for.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
There is no way they are ever going to let you fly in third person, almost the entire HUD is stuff in your actual cockpit so it would be insane amounts of UI work to make an entirely new HUD for third person flying. It would also gain pretty much nothing, the entire game is built around being closer to the simulation end of things.

If you really want to fly in third person you can postion the free camera behind your ship and then swap back to ship controls, you'll just have the problem of having no HUD elements at all.

FDev are hugely poo poo but I don't think that is one of their faults tbh, anything to with game design on the other hand...

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, that specific bit is referring to trying to stuff 4D drives onto an exploration anaconda. As is pointed out it's only for the completely insane because it only saves 3t and gains you like 0.4ly of range at a quite large performance impact aside from needing to be engineered on a different ship before they'll even fit.

That's the only time during engineering that you can't just build your ship first then go and tour the engineers.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
The entire horsehead nebula is blocked off in this way along with a couple of other places. It's been like that for many years with no sign of anything ever being done there that I'm aware of.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Skyarb posted:

Do what every single other game in the history of the world has done. Logout timer and if you bail your ship stays put for a few minutes. If its because of instanced based sharding, well who cares, its still fixable, offload dcs to a small amount of host provided time out servers. This is a very solvable problem, the actual issue is, as always, frontier.

Combat logging is never heatlhy no matter how much you may think its an "epic troll" It especially doesn't make sense because if you are so much of a baby about combat just play the provided PG or solo modes.

The problem is that elites networking is entirely peer to peer. Once you kill your client there's no longer anything sending any data about your ship. They'd have to completely rewrite the entire game in order to implement a logout timer and lol if that's ever happening.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Wibla posted:

I got one of those FSDs before the "rebate" expired on them, I need to drop it onto a DBX along with a guardian fsd booster to see how well it works, might replace my Anaconda for space madness :v:

I just need to find my way back to the bubble first :haw:

The conda still has a much better jump range than any other explo ship, but the double engineered FSD does close the gap somewhat. Just goes to show how truly dumb the conda really is.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Cease to Hope posted:

turn off more modules

explorers do not need to leave a bunch of poo poo running all the time. you can safely turn off your AFMUs, SRV hangar, shields, sensors, cargo hatch, power distro, and repair limpets 99% of the time. most of the time, you will be running the drive, life support, the fuel scoop, and, if you have one, a heat sink. your highest demand is when landing on a planet, so all your power plant has to cover is drive, life support, sensors, and (if you have them) shields.

by doing this, you can cut your power draw way, way down, which means both lower fuel consumption and a much smaller (and thus, lighter and cheaper) power plant.

Exactly this. I'm not sure why people always put so much stuff on their exploration ships. My exploration conda runs off a 2A power plant with g1 overcharged which is pretty much only there so I can put the stripped down experimental on to save a tiny bit more weight.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

chaosapiant posted:

Anyone got any dope ‘Conda Turret Boat builds? I wanna kinda just sit around in a RES while flying an SL Fighter and my Anaconda backing me up with a pilot man.

There aren't any because turrets are horrible trash pretty much. NPC pilots are perfectly able to use gimballed weapons though so you can fit pretty much whatever you want and they'll mostly be fine.

Especially if you have some engineering done you'd have to be actively trying to come anywhere close to losing a conda in a RES.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Tommy the Newt posted:

Compared to gimballed, not even fixed, it's like dropping your hardpoints down a whole size in terms of damage output, and no ship should be incapable of pointing a gimbalcone at a target even before engineering.

It's actually even worse than that somehow. A medium gimballed multicannon is nearly 10% higher dps than a large turreted multicannon and 73% higher dps than a medium turreted multicannon.

The loss of damage won't be super obvious if you are just doing stuff in a RES because the ships there are pretty weak, which is fair enough, they are balanced around people going there with no engineering and in smaller ships. However if you wanted to get into doing Combat Zones then you'll definitely notice the lower damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Statutory Ape posted:

thank you

cool, what sort of engineering/engineers should i look into for that?

E: i missed Tommy the Newt's answer as well- thank you. Ill take a look at the increased ammo count. is there anything i can put on to make them eat shields better/is that worth it?

for multicannons the only mod you ever really want is overcharged, you are limited by your ammo so the more damage you can get per shot the better.

One of the experimental effects you can put on them is incendiary which converts 90% of the damage to thermal so you can put that on a couple of guns. You also want to have one multicannon with corrosive as this applies a debuff to the hull of whatever you hit increasing your damage against them. For everything else autoloader is a good experimental as it continuously reloads as you shoot so you don't have the downtime of waiting on your gun to reload.

One thing to note about the corrosive experimental is that it also comes with a 20% penalty to the total ammo of that gun. Because of this the best ways to use is to either put it on a small multicannon with the high capacity mod (smalls do very low damage anyway so not having overcharged here isn't a big deal) or put it on a huge mulitcannon if you have one (huge muticannons fire much slower than the smaller sizes and even with the lowered ammo will last way longer than the others).

Todd McQuinn is the engineer for all of this, he's one of the five starter engineers and can do up to grade 5.

For reference my conda is set up with a huge overcharged corrosive multicannon, three large overcharged autoloader multicannons, two medium overcharged incendiary mulitcannons and then 2 small feedback cascade long range railguns. I find having the rails in the smalls to take out SCBs is better utility than putting multicannons there, but you can just throw more multicannons at it if you want.

The good thing about gimballed multicannons is that they are never a bad choice, they might not always be the optimal choice but they'll never be bad.